Dak, proves he's average. Needs to be paid so **merged**

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'd be concerned with the status of the O line before I went anywhere near the QB. That should be more obvious, it was awful.

dckid

Reaction score
That's really a fundamental question that I haven't seen asked much. If Dak was an unrestricted free agent, how much would he get? Before the season, I would have bet against $30m per year. After the first 3 weeks, I would have bet on $35m.

Regardless, unless Dak is a fool, he is better off taking a contract from Dallas for X per year than virtually any other team for that same amount. Fans underestimate just how much leverage the Cowboys have. They could let him be a free agent and tell him they will match any offer he gets and he would be smart to come back because he is going to get so much more endorsement income as Cowboys QB than anywhere else.

Would be a gamble for the Cowboys though. You would have to trust that he doesn't let emotions decide his next team.
we said all that about Zeke, LOL look what happened with no leverage.. :))[/QUOTE]
Dak should be smart and take the Cowboy deal. All in all Dak is a very good QB ( I cant believe I am saying that). I mean it's so damn hard to really ever know.
I'm sure Chicago, or Tampa or Tennessee, or Raiders would easily sign Dak for $30 million.
There is a recent saying ... eventually all QB contracts will begin to look like a bargain. I do feel there will be a tipping point.. but on the other hand the salary cap increases by 10 million a year, and just wait till the next bidding war starts. If Amazon jumps in and Google.. Watch out. We will have a team value and salary bubble

Diehardblues

Reaction score

He's still #1
The link you provided is passer rating

That’s not the official ranking NFL.com uses in ranking QB’s. That’s very impressive for that particular passer rating stat but it doesn’t always illustrate the most elite QB’s.

This all time record is a great example . Look at some of the names on this top 20 all time list. And most of the better ones we’d agree with are mostly from this pass happy era.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career.htm

Last edited:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
That’s not the official ranking NFL.com uses in ranking QB’s. That’s very impressive for that particular passer rating stat but it doesn’t always illustrate the most elite QB’s.

This all time record is a great example . Look at some of the names on this top 20 all time list. And most of the better ones we’d agree with are mostly from this pass happy era.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career.htm

Correct NFL.com does not use ESPN's QBR which is to be expected.
Yes QBR does the best job of illustrating the most elite QBs due to how it is calculated.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey Mammi, QBR is opponent adjusted....... lol

QBR lol man points win games so you take that QBR and pray Jerry agrees with you and gives your DAK that massive contract that will end up destroying this team as we will lose valuable players and years paying a bus driving QB who unless perfection is on the field from Zeke to the Offline and defense can't win squat!

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
QBR lol man points win games so you take that QBR and pray Jerry agrees with you and gives your DAK that massive contract that will end up destroying this team as we will lose valuable players and years paying a bus driving QB who unless perfection is on the field from Zeke to the Offline and defense can't win squat!

Yes points win you games, and QBR uses Vegas' expected points added on a play by play basis. EXACTLY what you want LMAO.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Baltimore won a Super Bowl with Dilfer but at least they didn't have to make him the highest paid QB in the league. seems like there no middle ground concerning the salary. My way or the Highway. I still maintain that hes somewhere in the middle of the pack, slightly higher though, but it only matters what the FO thinks of him.........One thing is for sure though, hes got the team over a barrel and thats just business.

Apple meet orange. You took the "L" as soon as you compared him to Dilfer.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes, that is the reason not to use passer rating like you are suggesting.

It has Pennington, Schaub, and Mariota in the top 20 all time.

I've converted you to QBR!
What’s the difference ?

I don’t see QBR listed in NFL stats?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
What’s the difference ?

Passer rating has been around for ever(with very few adjustments) and weighs passing statistics differently and compiled those weights to come up with an aggregate score.

QBR is essentially the total EPA(expected points added) per game that is adjusted by opponents defense. EPA takes into account 1st downs, success rate of passes, the score of the game(if you're down 21 in the 4th and throw an interception trying to get yourself back in it wont count against you as much as being a neutral score), how much time is left in said game, and all of that.
It's hard to explain but it's a great tool.

Your QB is helping you win through the air? Your QBR will be higher
You putting your team in a position to lose through the air? Your QBR is lower

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Looks like ESPN QBR is based mostly on points provided and pass completion and percentage .

Well that’s why Dak is rated so high. Like I thought. A flawed measurement. And more 10 point productions will lower that rating significantly. His completion rate has always been high though. It’s his average per completion which isn’t as impressive.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Passer rating has been around for ever(with very few adjustments) and weighs passing statistics differently and compiled those weights to come up with an aggregate score.

QBR is essentially the total EPA(expected points added) per game that is adjusted by opponents defense. EPA takes into account 1st downs, success rate of passes, the score of the game(if you're down 21 in the 4th and throw an interception trying to get yourself back in it wont count against you as much as being a neutral score), how much time is left in said game, and all of that.
It's hard to explain but it's a great tool.

Your QB is helping you win through the air? Your QBR will be higher
You putting your team in a position to lose through the air? Your QBR is lower
Thanks I took at look at thru ESPN. Something they’ve created but not acknowledged by NFL , at least officially yet. More of a noisemaker if it supports your guy or narrative. And probably helpful if your handicapping a qb or team to wager on.