Dak rises to 3

Blackrain

Reaction score
Why are people arguing about this like Dak is playing at the same level he always has? He isn't. He started turning the corner end of last year and with his new throwing motion it's like watching a different guy. He wasn't playing terribly before, but he definitely had concerning weaknesses, especially when thinking about paying him big money.

He is now playing with anticipation and his throws have a zip and accuracy that they never had before. Chris Simms described the difference really well -- it looked like Dak used to have throw with all of might to get the ball 15 yards to the sideline and now he just zips it over there. It's beautiful to watch.

He'll have bad games, but he is a different guy who has remedied his biggest weaknesses. Obviously playing at an MVP level right now, but even if he comes back to earth a bit it will be on par with top tier guys. IMO the conversation about Dak is over and I'm ecstatic that he has grown into the player all of us hoped.

Kind of a natural progression for a guy drafted in the fourth round as a back up to have to put in some hard work to perfect his craft . His work ethic has paid off shows if you want something bad enough and are not willing to settle what can be accomplished.

Watched Tony Romo a football life last night and Dak is way ahead of his schedule. Tony didnt even play for 3 yrs . Its great that most of us can have the patience and understand this maturation process.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I waited 10 years for a football player to come along and lead this team after watching the greatest passer in franchise history take us nowhere . Im enjoying this now if nobody minds
And for years to come my friend, for years to come. When we do play a team that has a winning record or whatever, it won't be Dak that loses the game, it will be the defense that most likely will be the problem.

Nav22

Reaction score
Stole this from my man Shabazz here-below in bold.....Have no idea why these forums have gone Dak crazy considering the below but lets hope it continues thru the season....funny thing is that when the Skins put pressure on Dak in the 1st Q that Old time Dak cost us 7 pts with his inaccurate throw but then the Commanders defense decided to call it a day.
Daks major problems start and end with pressure...call me a hater all you want but the jury is still out till we see him face pressure and do what a Franchise QB does ....win games with his ARM!!!!

We just beat the 28th and 30th ranked defense teams. After we beat the 32nd ranked team next week we will be unstoppable

I guess after the Miami game Dak will be a shoe- in for the HOF......
You should know that you’re considered a joke here.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
QBR is a yearly stat so I’m not sure what you are trying to say here. He has two top 5 finishes but he was in the high teens last year IIRC.
Are you really saying ratings from each year can’t be averaged?

How do they come up with career passer ratings?
How about career rushing averages?
Career batting averages?
Career stupid post averages?

This is your most nonsensical post ever. I know you and others may disagree, but I stand firm on that fact.

Nav22

Reaction score
I’m ignorant? I have been watching Dak since high school, watched all of his college games and pro games. I know more about him and his play than 99% of fans. Can you say the same? Since you are so upset, I will say it again. I don’t want him starting in Dallas. That is my opinion and it sure shouldn’t bother you, but it does. There are several players that I would never want to see as starters for the Cowboys. Thankfully, only one of those players plays for Dallas. I don’t like Aaron Rodgers either and I would never accept him as a Cowboy. Does that offend you too?
“DURRR COLT McCOY AND TYROD TAYLOR ARE JUST AS GOOD AS DAK!”

“DURRRR I’LL NEVER ACCEPT DAK NO MATTER WHAT, SAME GOES FOR AARON RODGERS IF HE WAS THE DALLAS QB!”

You’re such an inferior being. Never change and never stop posting here.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Why are people arguing about this like Dak is playing at the same level he always has? He isn't. He started turning the corner end of last year and with his new throwing motion it's like watching a different guy. He wasn't playing terribly before, but he definitely had concerning weaknesses, especially when thinking about paying him big money.

He is now playing with anticipation and his throws have a zip and accuracy that they never had before. Chris Simms described the difference really well -- it looked like Dak used to have throw with all of might to get the ball 15 yards to the sideline and now he just zips it over there. It's beautiful to watch.

He'll have bad games, but he is a different guy who has remedied his biggest weaknesses. Obviously playing at an MVP level right now, but even if he comes back to earth a bit it will be on par with top tier guys. IMO the conversation about Dak is over and I'm ecstatic that he has grown into the player all of us hoped.

I agree.

The conversation is over.

Those on the other side still talking about how he's not good enough just show how stupid their perspective is and how little they actually know.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Are you really saying ratings from each year can’t be averaged?

How do they come up with career passer ratings?
How about career rushing averages?
Career batting averages?
Career stupid post averages?

This is maybe your most nonsensical post ever. I know you and others may disagree, but I stand firm on that fact.
Why do people dig in so hard on stuff that they have no idea what they’re talking about? I’ll never understand it.
Career batting averages aren’t calculated by averaging the seasons. Try it and see if it matches up.
Career passer rating is not calculated by averaging the seasons. Try it and see if it matches up.
It can’t be averaged because of the way it works. Each year is weighted for that year specifically. I am not trying to insult anyone here or just arguing for the sake of arguing. It is conceptually impossible for QBR to be represented as a career number. Again, I issue the simple challenge: what is Dak’s career total QBR? Go to his page and look for it.

jnday

Reaction score
Can you explain exactly what about his game you don’t like? I have trouble understanding that statement.

Is it possible it’s his hairstyle, hair color or some other personal preference we wouldn’t understand?

Also, you keep saying 2 games. Other posters have shown his last 12 games and the results are similar.
I have posted my reasons several times and there is really no reason to do it again. Why don’t posters include the games from the first half of the season instead of cherry picking a timeline that only shows Dak’s good play? Last season Dak was terrible during the first half of the season when he tied Quincy Carter’s record for the number of consecutive games passing below 200 yards. He was rated the 14th best QB at the end of the season, which shows how bad he really was because his last few games couldn’t couldn’t overcome his bad start. The two games this year means nothing because the defenses that Dak faced are terrible and even the worst QBs in the league will look impressive when playing against them. All of this is an example of one of my problems with Dak, he is inconsistent.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
Haters have to keep moving the goal posts until the unintentionally admit Dak is good.
Former "Dak hater" here. This season he has made me a believer. Not only has his accuracy drastically improved, but he appears much more decisive as well. It's possible that decisiveness has helped his accuracy, but but he is also putting the ball where only his receiver can get it.

I'm not even just talking about his accuracy on deep routes, but on the shorter routes as well.

Dak is playing all-world right now. Of course he's going to have some sub par games. All quarterbacks do. I think most people understand that though.

But that accuracy and decisiveness are what I have been waiting to see from him, and so far, he's delivered.

Two things I've always liked about Dak though are his intelligence and his work ethic. With the combination of those two things, I only expect him to keep improving.

With that said, his stats have also gone up due to the oline under Marc Colombo, Kellen Moore's playcalling, our talented receivers, and last but not least the threat of Zeke. None of this is to take anything away from Dak. It takes a team to win a Super Bowl, and I think we have as good a shot as any team. Including the Patriots. Just need the defense to play up to their potential.

jnday

Reaction score
“DURRR COLT McCOY AND TYROD TAYLOR ARE JUST AS GOOD AS DAK!”

“DURRRR I’LL NEVER ACCEPT DAK NO MATTER WHAT, SAME GOES FOR AARON RODGERS IF HE WAS THE DALLAS QB!”

You’re such an inferior being. Never change and never stop posting here.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
Oh, I won’t. I would miss your arrogant, low class posts. I get a good laugh at how easy it is to play you, but you are not creative enough to post anything other than usual BS, which gets old and it bores me.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Why do people dig in so hard on stuff that they have no idea what they’re talking about? I’ll never understand it.
Career batting averages aren’t calculated by averaging the seasons. Try it and see if it matches up.
Career passer rating is not calculated by averaging the seasons. Try it and see if it matches up.
It can’t be averaged because of the way it works. Each year is weighted for that year specifically. I am not trying to insult anyone here or just arguing for the sake of arguing. It is conceptually impossible for QBR to be represented as a career number. Again, I issue the simple challenge: what is Dak’s career total QBR? Go to his page and look for it.
How are career batting averages figured out?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I have posted my reasons several times and there is really no reason to do it again. Why don’t posters include the games from the first half of the season instead of cherry picking a timeline that only shows Dak’s good play? Last season Dak was terrible during the first half of the season when he tied Quincy Carter’s record for the number of consecutive games passing below 200 yards. He was rated the 14th best QB at the end of the season, which shows how bad he really was because his last few games couldn’t couldn’t overcome his bad start. The two games this year means nothing because the defenses that Dak faced are terrible and even the worst QBs in the league will look impressive when playing against them. All of this is an example of one of my problems with Dak, he is inconsistent.
I never read why you don’t like. I wonder why you couldn’t just tell me again, but I’m sure you have totally reasonable reasons.

I like to include Dak’s entire career stats. They’ve shown he’s at minimum very good. IMO.

Nav22

Reaction score
Oh, I won’t. I would miss your arrogant, low class posts. I get a good laugh at how easy it is to play you, but you are not creative enough to post anything other than usual BS, which gets old and it bores me.
Great! You’re a fun punching bag for me and several others here.

Your “secret reason” (hmmmm...) for hating Dak no matter what is adorable. You couldn’t be a bigger coward if you tried.

Have you started referring to Dak as “Master” yet? You’re his little female dog now.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Can’t you do the same with QBR? Or passer rating? To find his career average
Again, I don’t think you can, which is why ESPN does not feature it on the stats page. I think it has to do with the way it is calculated and the opponent adjusting they do to it, but then again no one knows since ESPN will not disclose exactly how they calculate it.
Sure, you could average their rank, and as long as you represented it that way it would be fine. I think Dak finished 3,4 and 17 so one could say Dak has averaged a rank of 8th in QBR over his career (which is not top 5 as the person I originally quoted was trying to say, but again, since there is no career total QBR score I wasn’t sure what he was trying to say).