Dak should call his own plays in preseason

leeblair

Reaction score
That's the only way he's going to understand what his responsibility as a quarterback is. He seems content to run whatever play the OC calls, and when it fails he seems to assume that it's the failure of the OC.
By making him call his own plays he could actually improve.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think he's mentally prepared to take on any more pressure than he's already going to be under this season.
Maybe scripting might be a better way to go. he'll know exactly what's coming and can prepare for it during the week.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The off season is for team building. Most of the play is for competitions and players trying to show enough to make the team. A team mold is all combined. That is over simplified and in control of the coaching and evaluations. One adjusts to the scheme and players to all show their metal or talents.

Prescott is not an untrained or naive leader. He'll fit the new style being forged with him as the leader.

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's the only way he's going to understand what his responsibility as a quarterback is. He seems content to run whatever play the OC calls, and when it fails he seems to assume that it's the failure of the OC.
Are you sure you want a sweating panic attack man calling his own plays???
dam-dak.gif

Doesn't really inspire confidence if you get my drift here.......

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Are you sure you want a sweating panic attack man calling his own plays???
dam-dak.gif

Doesn't really inspire confidence if you get my drift here.......
Way better than watching Droopy-face making butthurt ugly faces on the bench while he watches Dak lead the team to a blowout win in 2016...

"I just want my career to end already! I can't handle several more months of sitting on the bench!"

Chuck 54

Reaction score
1. What makes you think he doesn’t understand his responsibilities as QB?
2. So, you seem to think most QBs don’t run what the play caller calls….where do you get that idea?
3. No QB n the NFL calls his own plays and haven’t for decades. Not Staubach, not Aikman, no one. The OC calls the play, and when there’s an audible, it’s usually to a preset alternative play, either run or pass depending on the defensive front.

Even in the 2 minute offense, the QB already has a plan designed and practiced for this opponent. He has much more leeway in calling his own plays, but it isn’t done blindly.

Qcard

Reaction score
:laugh::lmao:That's the only way he's going to understand what his responsibility as a quarterback is. He seems content to run whatever play the OC calls, and when it fails he seems to assume that it's the failure of the OC.
You forgot to the Jar of Marbles Count QB Eye Test!?

Dak Haters are Worthless

Jarntt

Reaction score
That is just an incorrect statement. If anything there have been rumblings about the opposite at times.

Also, preseason is the last place you look for any QB to call their own plays. You aren't trying to win the game, you are trying to use it as a glorified practice. You purposely don't want to show certain things and you purposely want to try out other things. You have players and plays you run in the preseason for a reason. That just doesn't make any sense IMHO