Dak should call his own plays in preseason

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dallas finished sixth in points per drive and ranked 10th in offensive drive success rate. They also finished the year ninth in dropback EPA and 13th in rushing EPA. There’s really nothing to suggest that the Cowboys weren’t a top-10 offense a season ago when Prescott was on the field.

All of that is in spite of the fact that Prescott led the league in interceptions despite missing five games. His interception percentage went from always hovering below 1.9% to 3.8% in 2023. Prescott almost surely won’t turn the ball over that much again this season because it was never an issue for him previously.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/are-dallas-cowboys-top-10-offense-heading-into-2023/

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I am saying past performance is pointless when it comes to future success.
Not so sure I would agree with this. Past performance is probably the single best indicator there is. If you have gone 27 years without a conference championship game appearance and you have something that has been consistently there the entire time there is probably a correlation. The same can be said for shorter team indicators. Who is more likely to play in a conference championship game Mahomes and Burrow or Andy Daulton and Jacoby Brissett. Based on past performance I would assume the former and not the latter. The beauty of sports is that anything can happen but to assume that the slate is wiped clean every year if foolishness.

Based on past performance I would assume that Dak will have a fantastic regular season. Statistics will be through the roof. We will make the playoffs. We will face a quality team and they will shut us down. I base this on past performance. Sure I can be proven wrong. Unless something changes from what I have sen in the past I have no real logical reason to expect something else. What will happen we shall see.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Not so sure I would agree with this. Past performance is probably the single best indicator there is. If you have gone 27 years without a conference championship game appearance and you have something that has been consistently there the entire time there is probably a correlation. The same can be said for shorter team indicators. Who is more likely to play in a conference championship game Mahomes and Burrow or Andy Daulton and Jacoby Brissett. Based on past performance I would assume the former and not the latter. The beauty of sports is that anything can happen but to assume that the slate is wiped clean every year if foolishness.

Based on past performance I would assume that Dak will have a fantastic regular season. Statistics will be through the roof. We will make the playoffs. We will face a quality team and they will shut us down. I base this on past performance. Sure I can be proven wrong. Unless something changes from what I have sen in the past I have no real logical reason to expect something else. What will happen we shall see.
We're not talking about individual players, it's organizational success. And you're not saying "because they were bad in 1998, they won't be good in 2024."

CCBoy

Reaction score

I'm trusting in the discipline that is now being applied to the entire team's roster.

Shane612

Reaction score
Just caught First Take on ESPN.
They actually had a whole 15 minute segment on Dak Prescott.
The most interesting was Stephan A. Smith, who was the biggest advocate of Dak getting his max-money, is now not a fan. He literally said "Dak IS NOT WINNER!". Stephan claims Dak has never made any of his teammates better. He implied that Dak is behind Cousins and Geno Smith on his pecking order.
:laugh:
How soon he forgets how much of a fan he was just a few years ago.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am saying past performance is pointless when it comes to future success, so the point you made about 27 years is a bad one, regardless of how many people make it.

Go ahead and answer the question - which of those teams was most likely to win a Super Bowl?
So now YOU have made a bad point and not relevant to the conversation I was having with someone else. Just like I told you 50 comments ago.

He made the claim we fixed everything for next season. I told him we have NOT until we get results. We have "fixed" things in the past....just like every team tries to do of course. Some succeed, and many don't.

I don't give a RATS ARSE who's likley to win the super bowl. I made a simple statement...one that is true and factual. And you have lost your dam mind about it.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
So now YOU have made a bad point and not relevant to the conversation I was having with someone else. Just like I told you 50 comments ago.

He made the claim we fixed everything for next season. I told him we have NOT until we get results. We have "fixed" things in the past....just like every team tries to do of course. Some succeed, and many don't.

I don't give a RATS ARSE who's likley to win the super bowl. I made a simple statement...one that is true and factual. And you have lost your dam mind about it.
Nope, didn't lose my mind and no you didn't make one that is true and factual. The idea that the 27 years thing means anything for next season is not factual.

You said "I only go on past production," and that's what I responded to. If that's not your actual point, then fine.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope, didn't lose my mind and no you didn't make one that is true and factual. The idea that the 27 years thing means anything for next season is not factual.

You said "I only go on past production," and that's what I responded to. If that's not your actual point, then fine.
I see. And you didn't admonish HIM for claiming "we fixed things". That is not factual either. We may have ATTEMPTED it...but until it happens it ain't fixed.

That was my point. Should have been pretty simple yet here we are...still.