Dak should carry this offense

Nav22

Reaction score
You can believe what you want, but trying to convince others what is "obvious" is out of line.
It was obvious to me and others. Trash Bag declined to clarify his reasons when asked.

If you’d like to give Trash Bag the benefit of the doubt, go for it.
:thumbup:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
It is unreal. Why is Total TOP not a concern for you?

I realize this offensive TOP is a supporting fact for Dak and the offense. But it’s not helping the defense as much.
Not a concern? We are talking about the offensive ability to control the clock. That is how thos started. TOP isn't a measure of that.

Should we start using passing yards on the offense to determine how the defense is protecting the pass? It sounds stupid, but that's literally the stance you've taken.

It's helping our defense just as much as it was before, actually more since they have more of a breather.

The difference in total TOP is 100% on the back of the defense being worse at getting off thefield. .

Nav22

Reaction score
If we drive the ball down the field on a scoring drive for 8 minutes for example instead of 3 minutes it naturally keeps our defense off the field longer.

And if we get off to faster starts with the lead our opponents must turn to the air which again gives them less TOP.

I’m not sure how to better answer your question.
Let’s say we go on an 8-minute drive.

Then our defense allows a 10-minute drive.

We’re now losing the TOP battle, 10 minutes to 8 minutes.

Which unit is at fault for that???

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It was obvious to me and others. Trash Bag declined to clarify his reasons when asked.

If you’d like to give Trash Bag the benefit of the doubt, go for it.
:thumbup:
Someone here once accused me of what I believe you're saying, and he was way off base, and way out of line. Unless you have proof, you're simply spreading unfounded rumors, and not harmless rumors.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
This thread has me all messed up , I'm trying to figure out how our offense is going to stop the other teams offense from controlling the TOP. I've looked at it every which way but loose , upside down and sideways. The pendulum keeps swinging back to the D , the D needs to get it's *** off the field..yes that would help.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

OMGGGGGGGG *IT'S HAPPENING* GIF!!!!

And so if the offense holds the ball for an elite amount of time, but then the defense allows for even more amount of time despite being given a heavy amount of break between drives, whose fault is it?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not a concern? We are talking about the offensive ability to control the clock. That is how thos started. TOP isn't a measure of that.

Should we start using passing yards on the offense to determine how the defense is protecting the pass? It sounds stupid, but that's literally the stance you've taken.

It's helping our defense just as much as it was before, actually more since they have more of a breather.

The difference in total TOP is 100% on the back of the defense being worse at getting off thefield. .
I understand but I’m talking about getting off to faster starts controlling the TOP while scoring putting our opponents in position they need to air it out.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
OMGGGGGGGG *IT'S HAPPENING* GIF!!!!

And so if the offense holds the ball for an elite amount of time, but then the defense allows for even more amount of time despite being given a heavy amount of break between drives, whose fault is it?
I’ve never denied that. My point is we are in a better position to dominate TOP if we dominate on the ground. It has a greater opportunity to keep our defense off the field.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This thread has me all messed up , I'm trying to figure out how our offense is going to stop the other teams offense from controlling the TOP. I've looked at it every which way but loose , upside down and sideways. The pendulum keeps swinging back to the D , the D needs to get it's *** off the field..yes that would help.
Of course it would but if it can’t , how do you help keep it off the field.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
I’ve never denied that. My point is we are in a better position to dominate TOP if we dominate on the ground. It has a greater opportunity to keep our defense off the field.
But that only happens when we play mediocre teams. If we are ever going to make noise in the playoffs we need a better D and to score points by passing the rock. Those teams that make the tournament are going to have good O's and they aren't going to let Zeke run for 140 ish.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But that only happens when we play mediocre teams. If we are ever going to make noise in the playoffs we need a better D and to score points by passing the rock. Those teams that make the tournament are going to have good O's and they aren't going to let Zeke run for 140 ish.
I agree but in the meantime our better success model has been to mask our weaknesses on defense with dominating TOP on offense along with getting the early lead and putting them on their heels.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
you can't, the D is not the same this year , they need to pick it up or we won't make the playoffs.
Again I agree but I’ll maintain that we can better help defense by controlling TOP by what has been defined as a dominating running game or pounding the rock.

There has to be a reason defenses are focused on shutting it down and not as concerned with Dak throwing for 400 yards.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
Again I agree but I’ll maintain that we can better help defense by controlling TOP by what has been defined as a dominating running game or pounding the rock.

There has to be a reason defenses are focused on shutting it down and not as concerned with Dak throwing for 400 yards.
That will change if Dak keeps throwing for 400 yards and 3 TD's. There are only so many possessions per game. It doesn't matter if it's long sustained drives or shorter drives. Most good teams score against the D regardless. I'm sure you're aware what Rodgers does to this D without breaking a sweat.I f we play Seattle in the playoffs I don't think Carroll will be as arrogant this time around, Wilson will pass. The D can be run upon by most teams and us running the ball won't negate that. Maybe the TOP stat looks like it's a tell but maybe it's just an illusion created by the D playing better previously. It's frustrating watching this D , they can't get a TO to save their lives, can't stop 3rd downs because most are manageable. If TOP used to be the key I think it was an illusion , the D is stinking it up where the O can't help them.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That will change if Dak keeps throwing for 400 yards and 3 TD's. There are only so many possessions per game. It doesn't matter if it's long sustained drives or shorter drives. Most good teams score against the D regardless. I'm sure you're aware what Rodgers does to this D without breaking a sweat.I f we play Seattle in the playoffs I don't think Carroll will be as arrogant this time around, Wilson will pass. The D can be run upon by most teams and us running the ball won't negate that. Maybe the TOP stat looks like it's a tell but maybe it's just an illusion created by the D playing better previously. It's frustrating watching this D , they can't get a TO to save their lives, can't stop 3rd downs because most are manageable. If TOP used to be the key I think it was an illusion , the D is stinking it up where the O can't help them.
It will change if we consistently start winning without dominating on the ground.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
“He needs Zeke” is dead.

“He’s only good when Zeke dominates” is dead.

“We need to feed Zeke in order to win” is dead.

“Any QB can do what Dak does if they had Zeke and this OL” is dead.

This is a passing league and we have a damn good QB. His biggest haters still won’t admit that because they’re mouth-breathing trash, but this isn’t meant for them. We can smile and nod politely at them as an official stance.

Unfortunately, we paid an undeserving, immature clown of a RB a ton of money to be average. That cost us a crucial game last night. Zero chance we would have ran twice with a cheap RB at the end there like we did with Zeke.

The organization mixed up correlation with causation. “But our record is X-X when Zeke runs 20+ times or for 100 yards!” That’s because in those games we’re either playing with a lead or we’ve passed successfully as well.

When do we EVER win when Dak plays like crap? We don’t. Just like we didn’t win when Romo played like crap.

The QB nearly overcame our garbage run game and our garbage defense last night. Dak isn’t just a damn good QB, he’s a tremendous leader with an incredible work ethic. He deserves to be the engine of this offense. He has proven that and EARNED that right. Zeke’s contract can no longer get in the way of common sense if this team wants to be better than average.

Orlando Scandrick said it best on “Undisputed” last week when comparing Carson Wentz to Dak. “Some guys play QB because it’s a position. Dak plays QB because it’s a lifestyle.”

Hand him the keys to the offense, permanently.

Cut your losses with Zeke. Nobody would trade for his garbage contract, but we can at least start phasing him out a bit. He has no business getting 20+ touches vs a good defense when they’ve already shown early on that they’re stuffing the run.

Sad that we learned nothing from the playoff loss to the Rams. Zeke was utterly useless that night while Dak played well and gave us a chance to win.

Just like last night.

Dak *is* carrying the offense.