Dak should follow Tom Brady's example

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
And since we are telling cautionary tales about women, I can just remind everyone how Roy Williams owned the world before he got involved with Kelly Rowland.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Not trolling. Romo would have at least 2 Super Bowls if he could have locked things in with Jessica Simpson or Carrie Underwood. It would have given the Cowboys plenty of cap space.
Not with garrett as OC and later HC OC.
and what your suggesting, would only give a team an extra 10-15 mil , which helps, but isnt the cure all.
Brady goes to SB's because Bill is a great HC, who has a lot of control , he isnt a puppet HC, and he hires his own staff,
and he gets good people.
The extra $ they have due to brady taking less helps, but is only effective due to the people coaching and making player acquisitions.

The patriots have to draft at like 31 or 32 almost every year, and never get high picks, yet they continue to get decent players,
then do a good job coaching them up, and then utilize them in good ways.

So bottom line is dak could sign for 10 mil a year, and it wont mean the cowboys are going to a SB.
So he may as well get the big check.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think Jessica Simpson would have been a poor choice. She is barely relevant now. Total dumb mess.

I do think Romo blew it with Underwood though.

I don't listen to country music noise, but I understand she is still relevant in that genre.
I think the bottom line is Brady got a wife who at the time made as much as him, and romo got a wife who could spend his money really well.:muttley:
But hey if she makes him happy it doesnt matter.

I will say this Tom Brady, is smart (probably the smartest QB) , hard working, and he likes to win, he isnt playing for the big checks. He is playing for the Rings.
And he evidently wants a lot of them, more than any other QB.
The thing is though all QB's need the 1st big payday, that is the one that changes their life, after that they could maybe take lesser amounts
in an effort to win a SB.
But if I am Dak I wouldnt bank on doing that with Garrett as HC.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
And hey here is a novel idea, how about all the cowboys taking less money to reduce cap enough to get a couple good FA additions!
I think all the cowboys play for the check , not to win, as most nfl players do.
The winning is the icing on the cake. The Cake is the money, and they want cake more than the icing.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-brady-on-salary-my-wife-makes-a-lot-of-money

Brady explained to Kimmel why, in the age of record-breaking QB contracts, he remains the 18th highest-paid QB in AAV ($15 million).

"That's a good question. That's usually, when I don't want to answer a question, I always say, 'That's a good question,'" Brady said when asked why he isn't the highest-paid player in football. "I think the thing I've always felt for me in my life, winning has been a priority. And my wife [model Gisele Bundchen] makes a lot of money.

"I'm a little smarter than you think. Actually, it's a salary cap. You can only spend so much and the more that one guy gets is less for others. And for a competitive advantage standpoint, I like to get a lot of good players around me."

Dak should marry Kylie Jenner. Kylie is a billionaire. Dak could easily steal Kylie away from Travis Scott. Dak needs to think about his legacy. Romo had the chance to pull off something similar with Jessica Simpson and Carrie Underwood. However, he failed to seal the deal.

not on the first big one

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Wait. Prescott is going to land a super model and then have the team contribute to shell corporations they have set up like Brady?

Well, here is the deal, Dak is not bagging super models.

That is usually step one in the master plan.

The best Prescott seems to attract are Instagram "models".

Well, technically, the OP is really only interested in their wallet. They don't have to actually look good to offer cap relief. :)

Them

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-brady-on-salary-my-wife-makes-a-lot-of-money

Brady explained to Kimmel why, in the age of record-breaking QB contracts, he remains the 18th highest-paid QB in AAV ($15 million).

"That's a good question. That's usually, when I don't want to answer a question, I always say, 'That's a good question,'" Brady said when asked why he isn't the highest-paid player in football. "I think the thing I've always felt for me in my life, winning has been a priority. And my wife [model Gisele Bundchen] makes a lot of money.

"I'm a little smarter than you think. Actually, it's a salary cap. You can only spend so much and the more that one guy gets is less for others. And for a competitive advantage standpoint, I like to get a lot of good players around me."

Dak should marry Kylie Jenner. Kylie is a billionaire. Dak could easily steal Kylie away from Travis Scott. Dak needs to think about his legacy. Romo had the chance to pull off something similar with Jessica Simpson and Carrie Underwood. However, he failed to seal the deal.

...Kylie J?....no no no...he can do much better...money and personality wise!...IMO

SlammedZero

Reaction score
This thread is great!!! :laugh:
FWIW though I do see PART of what the OP is trying to convey.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And some people don't understand why the off season can suck at times.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score

"Just say no......."

Good God.

Brady is gonna get his money when he retires. Just like Elway did.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Brady is the model for humbleness and team sacrifice in the Cap era. His longevity and success will more than make up for a few million less a year he’s earning on the field. It’s also a testament to his competitive spirit that he takes the ultimate one( less money) for the team.

Pants

Reaction score
love this thread

btw, kylie is a pig....gimme Kendall any day of the week and twice on Sundays when dak is otherwise "busy"....plus, she wears slayer t-shirts!!!

27-Kendall-Jenner.w330.h330.jpg

SoupcanSam

Reaction score

How do fans get out of this that Tom was serious about the Gisele comment when it was clearly sarcasm.

He went on to say it was the salary cap.

Imo that was a shot back at Daks comment about Brady and Gisele.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
It's a lot easier to take less now after playing for 2 decades, he signed big money contracts earlier in his career. His cap hit this season is still $27 million which is still 4th highest.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Belichick would have probably released him if he’d gone for what the market bares. Lol

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not 15 but todays equivalent like 25 max thats all im offering..good riddens Dak if thats not good enough..you want more, earn it..become elite do what RW did take 21 then 3yrs later hes vastly improved and got PAID..if want to be greedy BUH BYE!!!!