Dak should request a trade

Toro9

Reaction score
I really hate to say this. I really do. However, Jerry deserves this, and, if Dak wants to salvage his career, I think he needs to go to a team whose owner actually cares about winning. He's not got weapons here. His contract, compared to other QBs really isn't all that bad, and there are teams who'd likely snap him up quickly. If he doesn't want to end up like Romo, he needs to really consider waiving his trade clause and going to a team like Seattle, who need a QB and would probably give us a king's ransom to get Dak. I'm NOT blaming Dak for yesterday. The loss is on Jerry, and, unfortunately, Jerry doesn't care. So, Dak should go to a team who does care and can build a roster.
Dak has taken more than he deserves.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Go check my first post, I acknowledge other contributory factors, but the Jones' arent changing and our CAP (which isnt dreadful moving forward) still isnt going to allow for big Free Agents (or trades for veterans with large contracts). The agenda, if you want to call it that is that Dak, going into the 'expensive Cap years', isnt showing anything to convince many of us that he can lead an Offense containing so many rookie contracts and lesser receivers.

I would seriously consider trying to trade CeeDee as his worth is being wasted by Dak's inability to put the ball in front of him to run onto...... i'd even hazard a guess that Dak connects best with a stationary target or a curl comeback.
somehow the rams are able to sign big name FAs, other teams do, but we have 25M on the cap and aren't able to? we could have kept Cooper, we chose not to. we could have signed Miller, we chose not to. there is a difference.

and this is not to say Dak is good or bad. but his cap hit has nothing to do with it.

and Dak is not elite. for any non elite QB, you need to surrond him with the right cast (including coaching) to get the team to the next level. I have said as much multiple times. and so yes, he can't elevate UDFA, 6th round picks and average players into being great.

he is what he is. we know. Jerry should know. and thus as the GM he has failed to build a team that can succeed. I don't blame Dak for being who is, because he is who is....I blame Jerry for failing to build a competitive team and just "liking" his guys.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
somehow the rams are able to sign big name FAs, other teams do, but we have 25M on the cap and aren't able to? we could have kept Cooper, we chose not to. we could have signed Miller, we chose not to. there is a difference.

and this is not to say Dak is good or bad. but his cap hit has nothing to do with it.

and Dak is not elite. for any non elite QB, you need to surrond him with the right cast (including coaching) to get the team to the next level. I have said as much multiple times. and so yes, he can't elevate UDFA, 6th round picks and average players into being great.

he is what he is. we know. Jerry should know. and thus as the GM he has failed to build a team that can succeed. I don't blame Dak for being who is, because he is who is....I blame Jerry for failing to build a competitive team and just "liking" his guys.

Exactly, and if Jerry won't build a team around him that can use him how he is best, then maybe he should go to a team that will.

paladin

Reaction score
what strawman? I used your own words. you still haven't been able to say the rest of the team played bad..
That's simply incorrect
I pointed out the only 2 players that I thought played well.
what strawman? I used your own words...
No
You've told me, incorrectly, what my words were
Hence the problem
your singular focus is on Dak.
Nods
My comments are about Dak since this is a article about Dak,
Sorry, for some weird reason, that surprises you

This is, of course, far too elementary of a conversation to invest any more of my time in.
You're now ignored

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Exactly, and if Jerry won't build a team around him that can use him how he is best, then maybe he should go to a team that will.
actually, he would be the lucky one. getting out of Dallas is always better....Beasley left and played in CFG and some really meaningful games. couple of other cowboys went to KC and got rings. somehow when good players leave dallas they find way more success. too much drama here.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That's simply incorrect
I pointed out the only 2 players that I thought played well.

No
You've told me, incorrectly, what my words were
Hence the problem

Nods
My comments are about Dak since this is a article about Dak,
Sorry, for some weird reason, that surprises you

This is, of course, far too elementary of a conversation to invest any more of my time in.
You're now ignored
:huh:

so much anger. so much emotion.

its just a game. not life and death...
do you really need this to feel good about yourself? seriously dude. don't get so emotional

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
What makes you think Dak wants to win? He waited until after he got paid to state that he wanted to go after a super bowl, so what does that tell you?