Dak should sit!

aria

Reaction score
Because he is a football player and likes to play the game.
That’s what he said in the interview and I love him for that but it also makes you wonder why he hasn’t signed yet if that’s the case. Regardless, that’s a different subject. I’m just curious why he shouldn’t sit out.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m only being somewhat sarcastic. As most of you know, I don’t value the RB position and I certainly don’t value Zeke (I literally just deleted an entire paragraph so we don’t get derailed) but there was plenty of support for Zeke sitting out and some even encouraging it because they thought he wasn't getting paid enough. Why not Dak? He’s clearly worth it, that’s not even debatable at this point, and he could get injured against Miami. I’m not even being sarcastic here, Zeke was rewarded and he’s arguably much less important to the team so why shouldn’t Dak sit and if he did would you support him?

I would! And after so many people supported poor Zeke I can’t help but think Dak should get his too, he’s done everything right and continues to prove his critics wrong every week.

LOL......

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bad, bad idea. Yes, Miami is a bad team. But this isn’t college football. Counting Ws before a game is played is arrogant, bad karma, and uninformed. Play your starters. Get a nice lead, then play backups.

aria

Reaction score
Dak is the ultimate Company man as we have seen with some other high octane situations, This is absolutely why Jerry will sign him to big big $. The kid was raised right, speaks intelligently like he actually received an education at home and at school. The kid is raking it in with his All American charm, why would he change anything at this point? He has the winning formula that America loves, at the end of his playing days the kid will be a legend in the Dallas area. So far he has made all of the right choices unlike so many other losers that we continually see paraded throughout the NFL.
Again, I agree 100% but the risk of injury is real. He could easily get guaranteed money by not playing a la Zeke. I’m more curious to hear from the people that supported Zeke sitting out and why they don’t think Dak should sit. Dak has more risk then Zeke is more important to the team.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
That’s what he said in the interview and I love him for that but it also makes you wonder why he hasn’t signed yet if that’s the case. Regardless, that’s a different subject. I’m just curious why he shouldn’t sit out.

Because the Cowboys want to lock him up for six years. He wants the four-year extension so he can get another payday at the higher market rate. Dak is not a fool.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I agree 100% but why should he risk an injury that could potentially void all of that? Zeke didn’t, he could plenty of support and Jerry bent over, why shouldn’t Dak do the same?

Because that is not how Dak thinks, Dak has spoken on the subject and he is letting his agent take care of the business off the field while he takes care of business on the field.

aria

Reaction score
Because that is not how Dak thinks, Dak has spoken on the subject and he is letting his agent take care of the business off the field while he takes care of business on the field.
Ok, great, and that’s part of the reason I like Dak. Would you support him if he said he’s not taking another snap until he gets the contract he wants?

shabazz

Reaction score
So......what do you think of Dak's play of late?

I'll field this one( if its ok with the Papster), Dak has played at a high level and is clearly benefiting from playing the worst defenses in the league through no fault of his own. Hes not playing Down to lesser teams and that's a good thing. My issue has been the level of consistency and not fading away when tough defenses challenge him, like last year, (17th ranked QBR), that's why the final judgement is at the end of the season

2019 Team Defense rankings
1. Giants 28th
2. Commanders 30th
3. Dolphins 32nd.

Now feel free to hyperventilate

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So......what do you think of Dak's play of late?

What has impressed me even against these weak teams is our offline dang there playing lights out and giving Dak the time he needs to play better.
Lets hope it continues.....

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Ok, great, and that’s part of the reason I like Dak. Would you support him if he said he’s not taking another snap until he gets the contract he wants?

After 2 weeks into the regular season? I would not like that at all. I understand business is business and that should be done during the off season prior to regular season. If what you want is for me to demonize Zeke, that is not going to happen and while fans may be upset with Zeke his teammates were not. I'm confident that a deal will be worked out for Dak and at this stage think it is more about the structure of the deal that is it dollars

aria

Reaction score
So sum up the answers I’ve got it’s Dak shouldn’t sit because he’s not that kind of guy.

Qcard

Reaction score
I’m only being somewhat sarcastic. As most of you know, I don’t value the RB position and I certainly don’t value Zeke (I literally just deleted an entire paragraph so we don’t get derailed) but there was plenty of support for Zeke sitting out and some even encouraging it because they thought he wasn't getting paid enough. Why not Dak? He’s clearly worth it, that’s not even debatable at this point, and he could get injured against Miami. I’m not even being sarcastic here, Zeke was rewarded and he’s arguably much less important to the team so why shouldn’t Dak sit and if he did would you support him?

I would! And after so many people supported poor Zeke I can’t help but think Dak should get his too, he’s done everything right and continues to prove his critics wrong every week.
These anyone but Dak threads are getting spooky? .
After the first 2 games the Cowboys are no longer doing a contract with Dak 4th Rd pick. They are now doing a deal to keep a Very good QB off the market.
Dak would still get a lucrative contract if he had a healable injury. This is why many of us wanted him locked up in off-season. Dak has full leverage

aria

Reaction score
After 2 weeks into the regular season? I would not like that at all. I understand business is business and that should be done during the off season prior to regular season. If what you want is for me to demonize Zeke, that is not going to happen and while fans may be upset with Zeke his teammates were not. I'm confident that a deal will be worked out for Dak and at this stage think it is more about the structure of the deal that is it dollars
It’s not to demonize Zeke, he doesn’t need that, he’s already clearly a POS. I agree with you, I think Dak will be rewarded handsomely and rightfully so but what does he have to gain by playing another snap? He has literally several million to lose if he gets hurt.

aria

Reaction score
These anyone but Dak threads are getting spooky? .
After the first 2 games the Cowboys are no longer doing a contract with Dak 4th Rd pick. They are now doing a deal to keep a Very good QB off the market.
Dak would still get a lucrative contract if he had a healable injury. This is why many of us wa ntee him locked up in off-season. Dak has full leverage
Agreed but he’s playing a high odds lottery ticket every snap he takes, so why shouldn’t he sit? He gambled on himself at the beginning of the season, I get that, but at this point there’s little to gain leverage wise and everything to lose.