Dak should sit!

glimmerman

Reaction score
If we are up in the second half then I would run the second team. They need the reps with harder games coming up. And our Defense needs the reps for sure.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It’s not to demonize Zeke, he doesn’t need that, he’s already clearly a POS. I agree with you, I think Dak will be rewarded handsomely and rightfully so but what does he have to gain by playing another snap? He has literally several million to lose if he gets hurt.

Again how you or anyone else feels about Zeke is your choice, I know teammates were texting with Zeke during his holdout and supporting him. The deal is done and he is back with the team, I have no reason to hold any grudge. What does Dak have to gain? As Dak has said he has won nothing as of yet, right now he is playing quality football and showing himself as the leader of this team and you start to risk that if you just sit once the season is underway. I would add it has been reported that Dak has an insurance policy in case of injury that would pay out around 50 million is he were to get injured

Qcard

Reaction score
Agreed but he’s playing a high odds lottery ticket every snap he takes, so why shouldn’t he sit? He gambled on himself at the beginning of the season, I get that, but at this point there’s little to gain leverage wise and everything to lose.
That would be a hostile move but it's a plausible card Dak can play if he wants the contract "yesterday".... But that hasn't been Daks style...

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'll field this one( if its ok with the Papster), Dak has played at a high level and is clearly benefiting from playing the worst defenses in the league through no fault of his own. Hes not playing Down to lesser teams and that's a good thing. My issue has been the level of consistency and not fading away when tough defenses challenge him, like last year, (17th ranked QBR), that's why the final judgement is at the end of the season

2019 Team Defense rankings
1. Giants 28th
2. Commanders 30th
3. Dolphins 32nd.

Now feel free to hyperventilate

Fair enough. I'd like to see how he does against the better teams on his schedule, but he's looked dominant to me lately.

eastsideboy

Reaction score
I’m only being somewhat sarcastic. As most of you know, I don’t value the RB position and I certainly don’t value Zeke (I literally just deleted an entire paragraph so we don’t get derailed) but there was plenty of support for Zeke sitting out and some even encouraging it because they thought he wasn't getting paid enough. Why not Dak? He’s clearly worth it, that’s not even debatable at this point, and he could get injured against Miami. I’m not even being sarcastic here, Zeke was rewarded and he’s arguably much less important to the team so why shouldn’t Dak sit and if he did would you support him?

I would! And after so many people supported poor Zeke I can’t help but think Dak should get his too, he’s done everything right and continues to prove his critics wrong every week.
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Because QBs will get paid . That's why you don't see too many QB holdouts. Zeke had one chance to get a big payday. Dak will have many chances.

aria

Reaction score
To sum it up I think the threads premise is just out of touch with NFL reality. Is Brady going to sit out because they are playing the Jets?. .
Brady isn’t Dak. That’s a horrible comparison on every level.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Players do not initiate a holdout after the season starts. Also I do not recall a QB under contract ever holding out.

Anthonyscottua7

Reaction score
The longer Dak plays and wins and continues to lead this team he is making himself a ton of money! Before the season there wasn't a sole saying that Dak should get paid... Now if you still think that you are a dam fool, I'm at work so I haven't seen Shannon Sharp/Nick Wright/Cowherd/Smith/Max and the other blowhards but he's making his money playing.

Plus QB's don't hold out, they get their money 2 and 3 times. The RB position will only get one monster contract and Zeke used his leverage to get it.

aria

Reaction score
Because QBs will get paid . That's why you don't see too many QB holdouts. Zeke had one chance to get a big payday. Dak will have many chances.
But it doesn’t change the fact they could get injured which was a large reason for those supporting Zeke when he sat out. Why is this different?

aria

Reaction score
The longer Dak plays and wins and continues to lead this team he is making himself a ton of money! Before the season there wasn't a sole saying that Dak should get paid... Now if you still think that you are a dam fool, I'm at work so I haven't seen Shannon Sharp/Nick Wright/Cowherd/Smith/Max and the other blowhards but he's making his money playing.

Plus QB's don't hold out, they get their money 2 and 3 times. The RB position will only get one monster contract and Zeke used his leverage to get it.
Agreed with everything minus “QB’s don’t hold out”. That’s true but why not? RB’s didn’t hold out with 2 years left until Ewok did it an he got plenty of support, largely because people said “he could get injured”. How is this different?

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
But it doesn’t change the fact they could get injured which was a large reason for those supporting Zeke when he sat out. Why is this different?

You do not see the significant difference initiating a holdout wk 3 vs the offseason?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
From your past history it shows you are a Cowboy fan a Prescott fan. So I understand why you think he should sit. It's like having a first-round bye in the playoffs. But in reality. He's just getting started he needs all the work he can get.