Video: Dak should take less. Skip and Emmitt are right

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You mean like the cowboys were right about keeping Garrett as head coach? Firing Jimmy? Drafting Taco? Letting witten come back? Signing dlaw to such a huge contract? Not letting Romo take his job back? I think cowboys record speaks volumes about Daks performance. More so than 66 percent completion. In today's NFL, if Ur not hitting 66. Percent, U are only qualified to hold poms poms and dance on the sidelines. :). And of course, you add another adhominem attack. You must lead one happy life. :). Transferrance of frustration is what I hear and see from you. :). Despite what society says, those kinds of actions don't relieve Ur pain, but only make U unhappier. :). You may want to go visit a pastor and see if you can relieve Ur soul of some of that burden.
Now I'm not the https://thelandryhat.com/2019/11/07/dallas-cowboys-dak-prescott-accurate-passer/ one that sees his issues.
"Not letting Romo take his job back."

Aaah, there it is. The truth finally comes out. You're just another whiney Romoholic who is still butthurt that Dak forced your idol into retirement. It all makes sense now. 52 years old, yet still complaining? :facepalm:

Flamma

Reaction score
The problem is the wording. It's not "taking less". It's actually taking a fair contract more worthy of his talent and of his current status in the NFL world.

Ah I see. The problem is he thinks he can get his asking price some place else if Dallas doesn't pay him. Assuming that is the reason for my prior post. This is why I said he is the perfect candidate for the transition tag. Very few players are.

Toro9

Reaction score
The funny thing is in Dak's press conference after missing the playoffs he actually used the words, "it's not about the money". Yeah, okay, dude. We'll see about that.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
The funny thing is in Dak's press conference after missing the playoffs he actually used the words, "it's not about the money". Yeah, okay, dude. We'll see about that.

Players say all the time "It's not about the money", then hold out or refuse to accept offers that are just below making them the highest paid player at their position, Drew Brees just one example.

Of course they want top dollar, if Dak is saying that's what he wants, it's a refreshing bit of honesty, at least...

RonnieT24

Reaction score
If I was making 30 mil, and they asked me to make 28 instead, but have a much better work environment, I'd do it w/o hesitation.
A better analogy would be a CEO who makes 40 million a year while his/her company loses 5 million a year costing the rank and file their incentive bonuses based on profitability instead opting for 34million a year which allows the company to show a profit, shareholders to get a dividend and the employees to all get their bonuses. I don't for the life of me understand why people don't get this. Simply put, if this team pays Dak top end salary it will be in salary cap hell for the next decade and as such will suck for most of it or at least never rise above mediocrity. You have to have good players to contend and you have to pay good players to stay on your roster. It's not rocket surgery.

cern

Reaction score
rdp sees his value in terms of individual stats as oppsed to wins and losses. of the many games we started behind, we pretty much lost all of them when he was forced to throw and zeke was given a seat. this opposed to the 4 games in a row Kansas city started in the hole but mahomey was able to lead them to victory every time.

sean10mm

Reaction score
A better analogy would be a CEO who makes 40 million a year while his/her company loses 5 million a year costing the rank and file their incentive bonuses based on profitability instead opting for 34million a year which allows the company to show a profit, shareholders to get a dividend and the employees to all get their bonuses. I don't for the life of me understand why people don't get this. Simply put, if this team pays Dak top end salary it will be in salary cap hell for the next decade and as such will suck for most of it or at least never rise above mediocrity. You have to have good players to contend and you have to pay good players to stay on your roster. It's not rocket surgery.

That would be a hell of a trick considering that Dak apparently wants a shorter deal, not a longer one. Hard to get 10 years of salary cap hell out of a 3 year deal no matter how you write it.

I guess it is rocket surgery? ;)

RonnieT24

Reaction score
That would be a hell of a trick considering that Dak apparently wants a shorter deal, not a longer one. Hard to get 10 years of salary cap hell out of a 3 year deal no matter how you write it.

I guess it is rocket surgery? ;)

The 3 year deal story is a new one.. Also you seem to be indicating that the salary cap implications will be limited to the years of the contract. NOthing could be farther from the truth. If the team gives Dak say $120 million over 3 years that annual number will impact at least the two years following the deal as well as the three up front obviously. I would be happier if they went 3 for $90. Then use the remaining $60-65 million they would be under the projected cap to retain Cooper ($18m ) , Quinn ($13m) and Byron ($14m) . Then you 5-10 mil to fill out the rest of the roster with role players.