Video: Dak should take less. Skip and Emmitt are right

lockster

Reaction score
You're still whining? I thought it was bad on Twitter? You guys on here take the cake! Sheesh
I don't think you know the difference between opinions and facts vs. whining. Come over to my house, and we will see who does the whining in a game of 1970s tackle football, anytime U please. :). When ppl. No longer have an argument, they resort to attacking the person. :). That's where Ur life is located right now. In the ad hominem attack country. :). You might want to join the side of civil humanity that can disagree, and present logical arguments instead of arbitrary opinions that just attack the person. :)

blueblood70

Reaction score
The point skip is making and for some reason isnt saying it, is that Daks 50 million in endorsements would be down to nothing if he played for the dolphins, or the Bengals, or the Raiders.... let Dak walk.

Lets see, 32 million in nfl salary, plus 45 million in endorsements equals 77 million per year.

40 million in nfl salary from the dolphins, plus 3 million in endorsement money equals 43 million per year.

Go ahead Dak, run that by your agent.
true but also factor in what a team like the dolphins means to dak, most likely he turns into Miamis next version of Tannehill an above average qb who immediately played better in TN , Dak will turn into the below avg qb Tannehill appeared to be in that environment..his career will be shortened QUICKLY leaving dallas for rebuilding team who hands over draft picks and 40mil.....

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I don't think you know the difference between opinions and facts vs. whining. Come over to my house, and we will see who does the whining in a game of 1970s tackle football, anytime U please. :). When ppl. No longer have an argument, they resort to attacking the person. :). That's where Ur life is located right now. In the ad hominem attack country. :). You might want to join the side of civil humanity that can disagree, and present logical arguments instead of arbitrary opinions that just attack the person. :)
Just like you attack Dak with falsehoods? Where's the civility there? Sounds like nothing but false accusational complaining.

PS: I would love some 70s football.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Well, I'll take your word for it. But I'd say that it's easy for a person not making that much to say they would turn it down. But if that's where your earning potential is, I don't think it's a stretch to day that most people wouldn't turn that extra $10 million down.
Agreed it is easy to just say something. But part of it is personality. What’s important to a person? I like to win. I would lose money just to win. I am competitive in a game of Monopoly for free.

I also understand the NFL is a business and it’s a job. But at some point the desire to win has to overcome the desire to squeeze every penny out of a deal and if $30 million per year isn’t enough then winning can’t be that high of a priority for me.

kskboys

Reaction score
But if I had a chance to make $40 million and an increased chance at a Super Bowl, I'd take that. Wouldn't you?
Of course. However, that's living in a dream world. The lower salary makes it more likely.

kskboys

Reaction score
Well, I'll take your word for it. But I'd say that it's easy for a person not making that much to say they would turn it down. But if that's where your earning potential is, I don't think it's a stretch to day that most people wouldn't turn that extra $10 million down.
IMO, that would be stupid. Money is not everything. And either way, you're rich, so why would the extra be so important to you?

I really don't understand.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3qww5z.gif
https://imgflip.com/gif-maker

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Agreed it is easy to just say something. But part of it is personality. What’s important to a person? I like to win. I would lose money just to win. I am competitive in a game of Monopoly for free.

I also understand the NFL is a business and it’s a job. But at some point the desire to win has to overcome the desire to squeeze every penny out of a deal and if $30 million per year isn’t enough then winning can’t be that high of a priority for me.

Fair enough. I mean as a fan, I agree with you. But I can't get upset with players who are looking out for their best interest because teams and owners ALWAYS look out for their best interest.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
IMO, that would be stupid. Money is not everything. And either way, you're rich, so why would the extra be so important to you?

I really don't understand.
It's human nature. Unless it's a serious spiritual or moral issue, people almost ALWAYS choose the extra, especially if they're entitled to it.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Fair enough. I mean as a fan, I agree with you. But I can't get upset with players who are looking out for their best interest because teams and owners ALWAYS look out for their best interest.
Agreed. I won’t get upset with him either. I don’t begrudge a player for getting max contract. My expectations of them jump through the roof though.

StuckMojo

Reaction score

The owner is pretty much pay the same salary wise each year because of the cap. If one player takes up a big chunk by himself then lesser players will be around him. At least that’s the way I look at it.

lockster

Reaction score
Just like you attack Dak with falsehoods? Where's the civility there? Sounds like nothing but false accusational complaining.

PS: I would love some 70s football.
My statements regarding Dak are not falsehoods or adhominen attack on him, I'm not attacking what he is off the field, but what he does on it. That's not attacking his person! :). That's what an adhominen attack is , when also not associated with credible evidence. His character though has shown to be selfish by his actions on his contract. See the difference? Go look up laws of logic, adhominen and learn the difference. You just endeavor to attack a person, unfoundedly, because you disagree, rather than presenting an argument. I feel sorry for Ur family, friends, and associates that put up with Ur low logic, narcissist attacks. With friends like you, they wouldn't need enemies! You must be a millennial :). Your statement was simply adhominen and no argument there. That's a characteristic of a narcissist.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
My statements regarding Dak are not falsehoods or adhominen attack on him, I'm not attacking what he is off the field, but what he does on it. That's not attacking his person! :). That's what an adhominen attack is , when also not associated with credible evidence. His character though has shown to be selfish by his actions on his contract. See the difference? Go look up laws of logic, adhominen and learn the difference. You just endeavor to attack a person, unfoundedly, because you disagree, rather than presenting an argument. I feel sorry for Ur family, friends, and associates that put up with Ur low logic, narcissist attacks. With friends like you, they wouldn't need enemies! You must be a millennial :). Your statement was simply adhominen and no argument there. That's a characteristic of a narcissist.
Almost everything you've accused Dak of being on the field is WRONG. If you were so right, the Cowboys would not be dead set on keeping him as their franchise QB, even now after Dak is being greedy off of it. You're just a whiney old man who can't admit being so wrong about Dak.

Flamma

Reaction score
The only argument that makes sense is the endorsement angle. You have to give Dak a reason to take less. If he's going to lose money on endorsements with a slightly bigger contract elsewhere, that could be a legit reason.

Forget the winning angle. Winning is not a players top priority in the NFL. We have to know this by now.

lockster

Reaction score
Almost everything you've accused Dak of being on the field is WRONG. If you were so right, the Cowboys would not be dead set on keeping him as their franchise QB, even now after Dak is being greedy off of it. You're just a whiney old man who can't admit being so wrong about Dak.
You mean like the cowboys were right about keeping Garrett as head coach? Firing Jimmy? Drafting Taco? Letting witten come back? Signing dlaw to such a huge contract? Not letting Romo take his job back? I think cowboys record speaks volumes about Daks performance. More so than 66 percent completion. In today's NFL, if Ur not hitting 66. Percent, U are only qualified to hold poms poms and dance on the sidelines. :). And of course, you add another adhominem attack. You must lead one happy life. :). Transferrance of frustration is what I hear and see from you. :). Despite what society says, those kinds of actions don't relieve Ur pain, but only make U unhappier. :). You may want to go visit a pastor and see if you can relieve Ur soul of some of that burden.
Now I'm not the https://thelandryhat.com/2019/11/07/dallas-cowboys-dak-prescott-accurate-passer/ one that sees his issues.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
The only argument that makes sense is the endorsement angle. You have to give Dak a reason to take less. If he's going to lose money on endorsements with a slightly bigger contract elsewhere, that could be a legit reason.

Forget the winning angle. Winning is not a players top priority in the NFL. We have to know this by now.
The problem is the wording. It's not "taking less". It's actually taking a fair contract more worthy of his talent and of his current status in the NFL world.

kskboys

Reaction score
It's human nature. Unless it's a serious spiritual or moral issue, people almost ALWAYS choose the extra, especially if they're entitled to it.
So, you would take 2million bucks that includes a daily beating over 1.5 million that's filled w/ beautiful women and great food?

kskboys

Reaction score
Since he will be extremely rich either way, wouldn't it be in his best interests to have a better team around him?