Dak since the 49er's game

plasticman

Reaction score
Not sure what this means
I mean that part of the reason they are ranked so low in pass defense is because of what Dak did to them. All three teams were ranked higher in pass defense before they played the Cowboys.

mcmvp

Reaction score
I mean that part of the reason they are ranked so low in pass defense is because of what Dak did to them. All three teams were ranked higher in pass defense before they played the Cowboys.
Sorry, but that’s a BS argument 9 weeks into the season. One game does not move the needle enough for it to count. Dak’s performance last week was not even the best one against the Eagles. Sam Howell did as well if not better. They are a weekly occurrence. The Eagles spent the first eight weeks of the season with eight different secondary configurations. They’ve been a QB’s wet dream.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Because he’s running more and not just stuck in the pocket trying to be something he’s not.
Agreed, when he roles out he throws pretty accurate. Now teams need to adjust and play him to run as well which allows Dak to throw some darts like he did against the Eagles.

pansophy

Reaction score
I mean McCarthy did say that the whole offense wasn't even installed yet at that point.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
dak should know that being 8 years in the league what works best for him.
Seems like either MM ok'd it or Dak took the reigns. but w/e it is its showing up in a great way.
Actually, MM implied during training camp this is exactly what he wanted to see from Dak. In fact, he mentioned how he challenged Dak to go through the entire playbook and find which plays liked and which ones didn't. He wants to see him more ownership over the offense.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know why he felt like he should never scramble.
Just me, but think he's been a little gun-shy since his last 2 injuries but the criticism of him after the 49ers game was brutal. In fact, I would go as far as to say even some of his teammates start looking at him sideways. Notice not one came to his defense that week.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Don’t care..

I don’t care about numbers or any of that other BS.

Dak has been a better QB because he’s moving around.

He can play from the pocket and put up big numbers all he wants.. That’s not a winning recipe for him at a high level.
Both things can be true. It's not a one or the other situation.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
OK " Here we Go"
giphy.gif

TWOK11

Reaction score
Because he’s running more and not just stuck in the pocket trying to be something he’s not.
Dak’s % of attempts outside the pocket hasn’t meaningfully changed in 4 years. His QBR from the pocket since he returned from injury in 2021 is 5th in the league.

TWOK11

Reaction score
The best thing Dak does is throw while rolling out.
The best thing he does is throw from the pocket against the blitz, where he’s the second highest rated QB in the history of the game in that circumstance. It’s also why he’s the second lowest blitzed QB in the league since the middle of 2021.

It’s impressive how overtly people just lie about him

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Using his legs more = better dak.

It’s not only his playmaking ability…. He gets into a much better rhythm early in games when running

GINeric

Reaction score
2 of those 3 games were against the 29th and 32nd ranked pass defenses

Yep, but those 2 teams combined beat the Bills, Jets and Seahawks, and took the Dolphins and 49ers to the wire.

But we blew those 2 teams out.

Why weren't the Bills, Jets, Seahawks, Dolphins and 49ers able to blow out such low rankings defenses like we did???

*(Please insert excuses, goal post moving and spin jobs here)