Dak since the 49er's game

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
Is it me or is he making more adjustments at the line?

Wasn’t that taken away from him earlier on?
Earlier this season i was harping on him for not doing so, its obvious some of this playcalling wasnt suiting the offense and dak should know that being 8 years in the league what works best for him.
Seems like either MM ok'd it or Dak took the reigns. but w/e it is its showing up in a great way.

Also seeing some passes from center too

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Comparing Dak's numbers to the rest of the league for the last three combined games, Dak is:

#1 in passer rating with 120.7, almost 8 points better than 2nd place Lamar Jackson.

#1 in average yards per attempt.

#1 in TD percentage.

a top 5 in INT rate, success rate, passing yards and completion percentage.

For at least the most recent three weeks, Dak is the elite quarterback. The running game has practically deteriorated and Dak has answered the call. This season, nobody can say it's because of his superior protection. If it wasn't for Dak's elusiveness and determination, Terrence Steele's performance could have likely been compared to the likes of Chaz Green or Phil Pozderac.
Another little thing is that he hasn't fumbled all season. I don't mean he hasn't lost a fumble: he hasn't fumbled at all. That's pretty rare for a QB.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Do whatever works best. Standing like the Statue of Liberty in the pocket does not do anything if it ends in sacks, fumbles and (for safety sake) injuries. It is not necessary for Prescott to be a gazelle if he can open space to throw or run to shorten down-and-distance situations if he is physically capable. That is just sound football.
All the 'problems' point to enough time to complete his progressions.

CCBoy

Reaction score
We’re goin all the way.
What, he despite 5 sacks, didn't do enough to have beaten the Eagles? Don't agree that both McCarthy and Prescott weren't successful enough to have won...and our conversations are over.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What, he despite 5 sacks, didn't do enough to have beaten the Eagles? Don't agree that both McCarthy and Prescott weren't successful enough to have won...and our conversations are over.
You need to get some sleep.

CCBoy

Reaction score
You need to get some sleep.
Nope, not at all....I didn't tell you that statement showed very poor judgement. You'll know if I go insultive, unlike your comment.

mcmvp

Reaction score
I guess he’s the only qb in the nfl to face those defenses.. oh.
This is a stat about just the last 3 weeks, so he may be the only one.

My point was not to say that Dak did not play well the last three weeks… He did. Very well. My only point is that stats like this can’t be looked at in a vacuum.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He's also faced some of the worst pass defenses in the league since that game.

Don’t care..

I don’t care about numbers or any of that other BS.

Dak has been a better QB because he’s moving around.

He can play from the pocket and put up big numbers all he wants.. That’s not a winning recipe for him at a high level.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Dak has been playing great!!!! on another thread I stated that There was another coming down towards Ferguson when Dak threw to Tolbert, but after watching the game again and slowing it way down Ferguson was open for the first down, Dak just missed him he was focused on Tolbert the whole time.
I was wrong on that one, but the one with Cooks I was not wrong