Dak: This game can be so simple

GoldenR

Reaction score
It is unfortunate.
This could split the locker room and that's a very bad thing.
It's bad for the Cowboys and the Players.
I know we all have fun on this board but we all do want to win,
And want what's best for the players too.
Exactly, this could be a lose, lose situation for the team and fans. Jerry will add a comment or two to make it worse and away we go.

Redline360

Reaction score
Famously successful in the playoffs Tony Romo

Why it's a "team game". Bar the FG fumble Romo has pretty decent post season stats. Giants loss was not on him at all. We should have easily won that game by 2 TDs if not for the two easy dropped TDs . Then the GB catch that was not a catch.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Why it's a "team game". Bar the FG fumble Romo has pretty decent post season stats. Giants loss was not on him at all. We should have easily won that game by 2 TDs if not for the two easy dropped TDs . Then the GB catch that was not a catch.
LOL.

Again. Showing why most of the guys that like to talk about Dak negatively have no right to.

You brought up stats (which dont matter just wins) and now its a "team game"?

So for Romo stats matter and w/l dont? But for dak they do?

Interesting logic.

Qcard

Reaction score
Ya, kind of how I went to bat for Romo all those years. Forever tarnished.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
My account is actually the same age….though I was gone for 3 years.

Keep birthing these Dak Haters….they don’t understand we were initiated in the Carter, Henson & Hutchinson Wars!!:lmao:

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
No they aren’t better.. he has a stronger arm, but his mechanics are complete garbage. He also is chunky and awkward moving and his pocket presence is garbage. Rush’s mechanics are way better:

In fact, it should be the other way around. If Rush had a stronger arm, he’d be a problem for a lot of teams.
So where are we disagreeing? Rush uses what he has better than dak, at least in recent history, but Dak is a better athlete with a stronger arm. I feel like we are saying pretty similar things here?

khiladi

Reaction score
Falling out my chair with laughter......
I went rhetorical when Dak's mental capacity was questioned in a response, and accompanied by the implication that perhaps Paxton Lynch repeated some grades (described as dumb as dirt) 0as a comparison with Dak's IQ....and now this?
drum roll please.........and the scouting report is unveiled. My response......welcome Cooper.....you are headed for being the next OC.....Central Michigan's Magna Cum Laude is cooming. Hey Khiladi........key words....."draft profile." with dust on it now.
Congratulations Cooper......you've played very admirable, but on this board......you've become the new "TRomo" .....beloved no matter what and like no other.

Its pretty obvious on the field Cooper anticipated better, gets the ball our faster and scans the field faster way better than Dak. Doesn’t make him Tony Romo, but surely makes him better than the resident mediocre starting QB on this team..

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The history of players in the NFL, especially QBs, would not support your theory.
First, Dak has had some amazing games and seasons, so consistency is definitely attainable.
Second, there’s no moving on, no matter how many fans call for it. It’s not possible, so you’d better hope Dak has more of his good games than bad games. He cannot be released nor traded. All Facts.
I agree that we are tethered to dak due to his contract
I hope therefore that he excels.
Noone has given me a concrete example of a gb that was good/average like Dak that was a starter for 6 seasons
That became elite in their 7th season.
Do you have any?

Redline360

Reaction score
LOL.

Again. Showing why most of the guys that like to talk about Dak negatively have no right to.

You brought up stats (which dont matter just wins) and now its a "team game"?

So for Romo stats matter and w/l dont? But for dak they do?

Interesting logic.

Never said they did with Dak. That's you jumping to conclusions

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Actually, Cooper draft profile says this about him:

• Defined by cerebral approach
  • Has bachelor of science degree in actuarial science off-the-field and masters in full-field reads on the field
  • Juggernaut in film room
  • Hits the field with well-conceived plans of attack based on his studies
  • Makes all the pre-snap decisions rather than looking to sideline
  • Quick processor able to scan and decide rapidly
  • Interceptions rarely the result of poor decisions
  • Overcomes arm deficiencies with outstanding timing and accuracy
  • Anticipatory thrower with feel for developing windows
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/cooper-rush/32005255-5304-6607-6ca0-6d97a0d0f253

Basically, he’s everything opposite to Dak. Maybe Dak, it’s simple because Cooper is making it look simple.

I would say that this is the exact writeup that scouts had for Tom Brady. Smart kid, not physically talented. Really frumpy body. His combine picture at weigh said it all.

What everyone missed, and was highlighted by both Brady and Kraft was when he first met Kraft as a young drafted player he stated to Bob that drafting him was the best decision he ever made and he has spent his entire career trying to meet up with that declaration.

Mentally Cooper Rush has the ability, but does he mentally have the desire and dedication to change his physical ability.

Do we have the next Tom Brady? That is up to Cooper Rush to answer.