Dak: This game can be so simple

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Unbelievable
Six years in
Unbelievable
It is simple, if you have arm and accuracy.
Sorry Dak

And recognition what the D is doing , confidence in yourself to thread the ball where only your guy gets it.

Ken

Reaction score
I agree that we are tethered to dak due to his contract
I hope therefore that he excels.
Noone has given me a concrete example of a gb that was good/average like Dak that was a starter for 6 seasons
That became elite in their 7th season.
Do you have any?
You are assuming everyone agrees with you that Dak is Average.

Being a consensus top 10 qb is not average.

Doing what he has done on the field, any way you look at it, is not average.

khiladi

Reaction score
I would say that this is the exact writeup that scouts had for Tom Brady. Smart kid, not physically talented. Really frumpy body. His combine picture at weigh said it all.

What everyone missed, and was highlighted by both Brady and Kraft was when he first met Kraft as a young drafted player he stated to Bob that drafting him was the best decision he ever made and he has spent his entire career trying to meet up with that declaration.

Mentally Cooper Rush has the ability, but does he mentally have the desire and dedication to change his physical ability.

Do we have the next Tom Brady? That is up to Cooper Rush to answer.

Tom Brady is definitely pushing it, because that’s GOAT talk and TB has had one of the greatest coaches ever and consistent at the OL for his whole career here to help him along the way.

But I get what your saying though..

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
The locker room probably wondering why Dak is walking around shirtless and standing in the forefront while not even playing.

I think it is called being part of the team, and changing for the plane ride home.

He changed into Cowboys sideline gear not unlike the support staff and coaches, and he changed out of the sideline gear for the plane ride home not unlike all the support staff and coaches. Just routine stuff.

But when MM called for the locker room speech he and other players were in various stated of undress.

Swagger

Reaction score
Actually, Cooper draft profile says this about him:

• Defined by cerebral approach
  • Has bachelor of science degree in actuarial science off-the-field and masters in full-field reads on the field
  • Juggernaut in film room
  • Hits the field with well-conceived plans of attack based on his studies
  • Makes all the pre-snap decisions rather than looking to sideline
  • Quick processor able to scan and decide rapidly
  • Interceptions rarely the result of poor decisions
  • Overcomes arm deficiencies with outstanding timing and accuracy
  • Anticipatory thrower with feel for developing windows
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/cooper-rush/32005255-5304-6607-6ca0-6d97a0d0f253

Basically, he’s everything opposite to Dak. Maybe Dak, it’s simple because Cooper is making it look simple.
Haha so true. The opposite of Dak!

Retro88

Reaction score
The history of players in the NFL, especially QBs, would not support your theory.
First, Dak has had some amazing games and seasons, so consistency is definitely attainable.
Second, there’s no moving on, no matter how many fans call for it. It’s not possible, so you’d better hope Dak has more of his good games than bad games. He cannot be released nor traded. All Facts.

His theory honestly made me laugh considering what Rush was 3 weeks ago. Everyone's literally watching Rush prove this theory wrong now.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Tom Brady is definitely pushing it, because that’s GOAT talk and TB has had one of the greatest coaches ever and consistent at the OL for his whole career here to help him along the way.

But I get what your saying though..

I agree with you. Your environment and support network plays a huge role. But that doesn't mean Cooper Rush doesn't have an opportunity. The Cowboys organization probably has as much or even more supports as any other NFL team less the coach.

He could a lot to challenge himself into being a better NFL starter that could address a lot of the weaknesses listed on the scouting report. Cooper's inadequacies are not a new thing to QBs trying to make the NFL. It just about how bad does he want to overcome them with changes to his game and his body?

By Lance Zierlein
NFL Analyst
NFL Comparison
Kellen Moore
Overview
His body type and lack of functional arm strength will immediately make him a draft reject on some team's boards, but that could be a mistake. Processes as quickly as any quarterback I've studied over the last five years and has the anticipation and accuracy to counter his lack of velocity. Mental makeup and consistency of production make him a legitimate NFL roster candidate.
Strengths
  • Started all but three games during career and was team captain his junior and senior seasons
  • Defined by cerebral approach
  • Has bachelor of science degree in actuarial science off-the-field and masters in full-field reads on the field
  • Juggernaut in film room
  • Hits the field with well-conceived plans of attack based on his studies
  • Makes all the pre-snap decisions rather than looking to sideline
  • Quick processor able to scan and decide rapidly
  • Interceptions rarely the result of poor decisions
  • Overcomes arm deficiencies with outstanding timing and accuracy
  • Anticipatory thrower with feel for developing windows
  • Able to lead receivers on crossing routes and long balls and can throw receivers open underneath
  • Very good natural accuracy
  • Completion percentage penalized by excessive drop totals
  • Good pocket poise
  • Climbs pocket with eyes downfield when heat comes around the corners and can slide left or right before delivering accurate strikes
  • Has history from under center in play-action, pro-style attack and works all three levels of the field
  • Dump-downs are only a final option
Weaknesses
  • Frumpy body with very little muscular definition
  • Does not look the part
  • Slow, plodding setup in the pocket
  • Throws from narrow platform and generates very little drive on his throws from lower half
  • Lollipop arm strength allows ball to hang in air too long
  • Defensive backs with twitch have time to dart into passing lane and make interceptions despite a good read by quarterback
  • Struggles to challenge tight windows in middle of the field
  • Could be limited to timing-based passing attacks
  • Unable to make sudden getaways from pocket due to lack of athleticism
  • Strong pocket push from interior short circuits his plans

From scouts on Brady.

Scout I: Awful. Not even on my board. Weak. He’ll make somebody a good husband or a good medical salesman.
Scout II: Has a quick, (former Michigan QB Brian) Griese-type release.
Quarterback coach: Backup. Could be a #2 in this league for a long time. Has the size but not enough arm.
Offensive coordinator: More instinctive than (Michigan State QB Bill) Burke. Makes better decisions, makes more plays.
General manager: Like him. Just wish he was a better athlete.
Scout III: "He played in the MAC, not the SEC. If he made some of those throws against NFL cornerbacks and safeties they turn into pick-sixes. He's a great kid, he's smart, but he falls below the minimum standard for arm strength." - Area scout for AFC team
--Poor build
--Skinny
--Lacks great physical stature and strength
--Lacks mobility and ability to avoid the rush
--Lacks a really strong arm
--Can’t drive the ball downfield
--Does not throw a really tight spiral
--System-type player who can get exposed if forced to ad lib
--Gets knocked down easily

From Kiper.

--He's a straight dropback passer who stands tall in the pocket, doesn't show nervous feet, and does a nice job working through his progressions. He's not going to try to force the action, rarely trying to perform beyond his capability.
--He's accurate, throws a very catchable ball, and also knows when to take a little off the pass.
--At the pro level, his lack of mobility could surface as a problem, and it will be interesting to see how he fares when forced to take more chances down the field.
--Sure, he doesn't have the total package of skills, but you have to be impressed with his level of performance this past season.

Cmac

Reaction score
Its pretty obvious on the field Cooper anticipated better, gets the ball our faster and scans the field faster way better than Dak. Doesn’t make him Tony Romo, but surely makes him better than the resident mediocre starting QB on this team..
On that note....maybe you've missed your calling in the Draft room or in the scouting department.

Reactions: BAT

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Commitment to running game and Play Action is the key.

Simple.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Well, I don't form my opinion by listening to a group of people on a team that always say right things to the media and sheep like yourself. I learn by forming my own opinion, not swayed by what others think. BAT boy.

What you fail to understand is that your opinion does not equal fact.

You're just gaslighting yourself at this point.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You are constantly learning as a player and honing your craft. Along the way, you can lose sight of some of the things that were working for you. I think trying to overcome and play with injuries has done that some with Dak, so it might be good for him to study what's happening on the field and use what can help him get back to where he was even as recent as early last season.
Alex Smith made a career out of doing just that, 16 years, and he was a 1st overall pick.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
My account is actually the same age….though I was gone for 3 years.

Keep birthing these Dak Haters….they don’t understand we were initiated in the Carter, Henson & Hutchinson Wars!!:lmao:

Right, we went through all those loser QB's and YOU settle on Quinthy Carter! Qcard? lmao!!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
You are assuming everyone agrees with you that Dak is Average.

Being a consensus top 10 qb is not average.

Doing what he has done on the field, any way you look at it, is not average.

You're right, an average QB does not play so piss poor like Dak does most times.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I will see if I can get it.
Just ask
IstDGrY.jpg

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It s going to be fun watching this qb battle. I have nothing against Dak but I'm rooting for Rush
Not really, would prefer no QB controversy ever during the course of a season, but it happens.