Dak: This game can be so simple

silvernblu

Reaction score
This is the stupidest take in history of takes lol.
Dak set the Cowboys passing TD record LAST YEAR.
The team ranked 1st in offense LAST YEAR.

So if he is what he is after 6 seasons, it is the most productive Cowboy QB in history.
Can you concentrate on what happens when game is on the line. Not stats that get racked up when cutting a loss from 21 points to 7 points.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You see the linebackers creep up. You change to pass. Then they back up and play pass defense.

Just run your plays and stop reacting to defense. You have an equal opportunity to be right.

Unless as someone said, he has a tell.
Dak is easily fooled.

That was literally on his scouting report coming out of college.

If he don't get it now then he's not capable of getting it. His audible abilities should be severely reduced or taken away completely.

silvernblu

Reaction score
Dak is easily fooled.

That was literally on his scouting report coming out of college.

If he don't get it now then he's not capable of getting it. His audible abilities should be severely reduced or taken away completely.

Agreed. Like I said. You have equal opportunity to have the right play call sticking with the original rather than switching.

Also. Maybe we should switch up what “Kill” means on a given play.

GINeric

Reaction score
Yes, you are pretty much what you are in your 7th season.
What QB has gone from average/good to great after 6 seasons as a stater in the NFL ?

Brees didn't win his first playoff game until after his 5th or 6th season..... Matt Stafford didn't win his first playoff game until his 10th or 11th season...

There's a couple more. But that doesn't mean you're average or you are what you are in 5, 6 seasons.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Brees didn't win his first playoff game until after his 5th or 6th season..... Matt Stafford didn't win his first playoff game until his 10th or 11th season...

There's a couple more. But that doesn't mean you're average or you are what you are in 5, 6 seasons.
He didn't ask you about team accomplishments like playoff wins.

He asked you the same question that I've asked you multiple times:

What QBs have taken drastic steps in year 7? After a major injury and minor injuries that keep piling up?

Aftershock

Reaction score
Talking big after laying a dud in week one and sitting on the sidelines with a boo-boo on his thumb.
He better show up or shut up. Tired of all this yap.

If anyone has shown to prove the game being simple it’s Rush and his performances the last two weeks. He keeps it simple and makes the correct throws in the correct situations and doesn’t try to get cute with the ball unlike Dak.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Goodness. He has really put himself in a bad situation. Coming off his recent performances fans have really stopped giving him excuses. I'm not sure there is anything to be gained by speaking publicly. No matter what he says, he has to perform. If he doesn't perform, it's going to just get worse for him.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Goodness. He has really put himself in a bad situation. Coming off his recent performances fans have really stopped giving him excuses. I'm not sure there is anything to be gained by speaking publicly. No matter what he says, he has to perform. If he doesn't perform, it's going to just get worse for him.
Fans are getting their trash throwing arms ready as we speak.

phildadon86

Reaction score
That's because Dak doesn't allow the game plans to be utilized......

Yes, the QB that has no idea how to read a defense at a high level is changing run plays "based on the look" .... Yikes...

Isn't this post from the game last year at Tampa? Where Dak had arguably the best game of his career? "Dak Prescott had a passer rating of 101.4 with 403 yards, 3 touchdowns and 1 interception in 1 game versus the Buccaneers in 2021"

Wouldn't that mean. He was changing the plays to the correct plays? Honestly I am asking because I have seen you post this same thing multiple times not realizing that it makes your argument that he "Cant read a defense" look wrong.

This also isnt me defending Dak at all. I am just pointing out the post is from last year in the game you said Dak impressed even you.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Isn't this post from the game last year at Tampa? Where Dak had arguably the best game of his career? "Dak Prescott had a passer rating of 101.4 with 403 yards, 3 touchdowns and 1 interception in 1 game versus the Buccaneers in 2021"

Wouldn't that mean. He was changing the plays to the correct plays? Honestly I am asking because I have seen you post this same thing multiple times not realizing that it makes your argument that he "Cant read a defense" look wrong.
It means that he is changing the plays a lot regardless. I'm sure the only reason Moore was comfortable enough to say this to the media was because it worked out that game(stats wise for Dak, not winning wise), but how often does it not work out and Moore doesn't say a peep?

That's the point.

You can't whine about Moore being pass happy when Dak is out audibling out of almost half the called run plays.

GINeric

Reaction score
He didn't ask you about team accomplishments like playoff wins.

He asked you the same question that I've asked you multiple times:

What QBs have taken drastic steps in year 7? After a major injury and minor injuries that keep piling up?

His premise is you are what you are after 6 seasons.... i answered why that isn't true.

But why are you asking questions and you went back to ANSWERING questions that YOU'RE asked. You still can't explain why you lie and over-exaggerate . You were doing good at one time but now you went back to being unable to line your statements up with actual proof and hard core facts in real time.....

Have a good day sir.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
His premise is you are what you are after 6 seasons.... i answered why that isn't true.

But why are you asking questions and you went back to ANSWERING questions that YOU'RE asked. You still can't explain why you lie and over-exaggerate . You were doing good at one time but now you went back to being unable to line your statements up with actual proof and hard core facts in real time.....

Have a good day sir.
So, you're not going to give some examples of QBs drastically getting better after 7 years, a major injury, and minor injuries piling up?

I think I'll start asking you this every single time I see you bring up Stafford and Brees and their "playoff wins" as somehow proof that they got better instead of the team around them being getting better.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Man, this guy loves to talk. In Preseason he was on fire to go. Then he plays Tampa and lays his 15.3 Qbr. Now he’s talking again about how raring to go he is. I’m sure he is and he makes it sound so simple just be good to see it on the field.

If I were to council him I would tell him to really tone down any answers about him, and just focus on responding to questions about how well the team is doing.

He has got a lot of things to absorb from his time off, but try to make your language in the media all about the team and not about you.

Make your focus team first. I would try not to be like the Jones and speak about things that makes the media come towards you. Instead make the media focus on the team, and defer to them and the coaches.

phildadon86

Reaction score
It means that he is changing the plays a lot regardless. I'm sure the only reason Moore was comfortable enough to say this to the media was because it worked out that game(stats wise for Dak, not winning wise), but how often does it not work out and Moore doesn't say a peep?

That's the point.

You can't whine about Moore being pass happy when Dak is out audibling out of almost half the called run plays.
Fair enough. I was just pointing that out.

Dak could have audibled the same amount in the game a few weeks ago to. We dont know that. We also know the WR corps in last years Tampa game and this years were way different lol. Either way. Thanks for the clarity.