Twitter: Dak: This is my home. I’m not leaving. I’m a Cowboy

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I used to be opposed to the block list,, boy was I ever more wrong.

Seems some take this group way too seriously and social media has taken away the ability to debate in a respectful manner. I admit that some I have allowed to get under my skin which is on me but I appreciate those I disagree with but can have an adult dialogue with.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Dude, just put him on your block list as many others have done. He's not worth your effort.
now you have done it. it's time for him to call you stupid, ignorant, a troll, and a hater. "find a new team if you don't like Dak"
it seems like this Cowboys forum would make some kind of rules or something to keep posters from being able to post that kind of crap.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Seems some take this group way too seriously and social media has taken away the ability to debate in a respectful manner. I admit that some I have allowed to get under my skin which is on me but I appreciate those I disagree with but can have an adult dialogue with.
Thats all that most seek, but some live for the drama, no matter if it is right or wrong.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
now you have done it. it's time for him to call you stupid, ignorant, a troll, and a hater. "find a new team if you don't like Dak"
it seems like they would make some kind of rules or something to keep posters from being able to post that kind of crap.
lol,, yep here comes the avalanche of insults .. and multiple emojis, like watching saturday morning cartoons,, they still have that right?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
lol,, yep here comes the avalanche of insults .. and multiple emojis, like watching saturday morning cartoons,, they still have that right?

Sadly most of the ones I watched as a kid (GI Joe, Voltron, etc.) are now gone and any left have been 'cancel cultured'. Seriously, how do you cancel a cartoon for pete's sake? The softening of a nation ******.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Sadly most of the ones I watched as a kid (GI Joe, Voltron, etc.) are now gone and any left have been 'cancel cultured'. Seriously, how do you cancel a cartoon for pete's sake? The softening of a nation ******.
That is very true, I miss the Buggs Bunny Roadrunner Hour the most but I understand what your saying.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it seems like this Cowboys forum would make some kind of rules or something to keep posters from being able to post that kind of crap.

But I won't have to read anything he writes b/c he's blocked. If everyone ignored him, he would soon grow tired of nobody engaging him and leave.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To be fair, if we’re talking about nicknames focusing on individuals, Fearsome Foursome and Purple People Eaters are the 70’s equivalent of Hot Boyz when it comes to the language structure of the name. All three reference individuals whereas Steel Curtain, Doomsday or Orange Crush celebrate the unit.

Certainly the most “unit-centric” nickname of all has to be the No Name Defense of the Dolphins
"Foursome" refers to the collective of the group … the foursome is what is fearsome. Purple People Eaters might apply, but even then I think that isn't quite the same as describing the members as "hot"

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To be fair, if we’re talking about nicknames focusing on individuals, Fearsome Foursome and Purple People Eaters are the 70’s equivalent of Hot Boyz when it comes to the language structure of the name. All three reference individuals whereas Steel Curtain, Doomsday or Orange Crush celebrate the unit.

Certainly the most “unit-centric” nickname of all has to be the No Name Defense of the Dolphins
"Foursome" refers to the collective of the group … the foursome is what is fearsome.

Purple People Eaters might apply, but even then I think that isn't quite the same as describing the members as "hot". "Purple" at least refers to the team color, and "people eater" refers to making plays on opponents possessing the ball". "Hot" doesn't have any noticeable reference to the team or play on the football field. It seems to me to be more of a "hey, I'm one of the cool kids" kind of thing.

Ultimately though I think part of what I dislike is that "Hot Boyz" is a self-proclaimed nickname, and not something coined by another party in response to their play on the field.

After all, how can we compare a unit with only D-Lawrence as a staple alongside a rotating cast of pieces and parst that change every year, to a front with Page, Eller, Marshall and Larsen, or Olsen, Deacon Jones, Grier and Lundy? Each of those units were dominant in their time, contained a couple of future hall of famers, and played together for a number of years (particularly the PPE's)

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zack is the best at his position in the league and he gets paid like it. Not many people complain about those types of contracts. Paying a player that is borderline top 10 at his position like he is the best in the league tends to infuriate fans that are tired of one stupid decision after another that results in underperforming, losing seasons decade after decade.
You missed the point. The point is that ALL players have the same record. Dak didn't go 8-8 and Zack 11-5 in the same season. They were all part of a team that had the same record.

As for pay, I still don't get why people want to pretend it is a position ranking system. It's not. There is no poll that determines who gets paid what. On top of the ability of the player, timing of the contract matters, and market conditions at the time matters.

Dak isn't going to get paid more than Rodgers, for example, because he is considered better than Rodgers, it's because Rodgers contract extension was signed 3 years ago and is not reflective of current market conditions.

Kwyn

Reaction score
"Foursome" refers to the collective of the group … the foursome is what is fearsome.

Purple People Eaters might apply, but even then I think that isn't quite the same as describing the members as "hot". "Purple" at least refers to the team color, and "people eater" refers to making plays on opponents possessing the ball". "Hot" doesn't have any noticeable reference to the team or play on the football field. It seems to me to be more of a "hey, I'm one of the cool kids" kind of thing.

Ultimately though I think part of what I dislike is that "Hot Boyz" is a self-proclaimed nickname, and not something coined by another party in response to their play on the field.

After all, how can we compare a unit with only D-Lawrence as a staple alongside a rotating cast of pieces and parst that change every year, to a front with Page, Eller, Marshall and Larsen, or Olsen, Deacon Jones, Grier and Lundy? Each of those units were dominant in their time, contained a couple of future hall of famers, and played together for a number of years (particularly the PPE's)
Ok, I hear you. Since we’re discussing nuance, would you be willing to concede that “purple” at least referencing the team color is equivalent to the Hot Boyz being a reference to the team name of Cowboys?

:)

I agree that our defense is bad and doesn’t deserve to be compared to any of those legendary defenses but I bet if you went around the league, there are tons of nicknames players have given their average squads. It’s just that none of them are the Cowboys so don’t get the notoriety

this is also the 2020’s and not the 70’s. Media presence and branding is something every athlete learns while still in junior high. Hell, even non athletes are aware of their “brand” when they are kids.

it’s just a different time and people being mad because our players are representative of current culture doesn’t really make sense

Those of us bothered by Hot Boyz are likely the equivalent of old timers back in the day who hated “Hollywood” Henderson or “Broadway Joe” in a fur coat.

It’s the 2021 equivalent of “you kids get off of my lawn!”

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok, I hear you. Since we’re discussing nuance, would you be willing to concede that “purple” at least referencing the team color is equivalent to the Hot Boyz being a reference to the team name of Cowboys?

:)

I agree that our defense is bad and doesn’t deserve to be compared to any of those legendary defenses but I bet if you went around the league, there are tons of nicknames players have given their average squads. It’s just that none of them are the Cowboys so don’t get the notoriety

this is also the 2020’s and not the 70’s. Media presence and branding is something every athlete learns while still in junior high. Hell, even non athletes are aware of their “brand” when they are kids.

it’s just a different time and people being mad because our players are representative of current culture doesn’t really make sense

Those of us bothered by Hot Boyz are likely the equivalent of old timers back in the day who hated “Hollywood” Henderson or “Broadway Joe” in a fur coat.

It’s the 2021 equivalent of “you kids get off of my lawn!”
Fair point - I wasn't considering "Boyz" as a play on Cowboys, but I'm sure you're right that it probably is. I guess I wasn't allowing myself to see that,

I still don't think it has much to do with the defensive line as a formidable unit though.

I agree that a lot of it has to do with the times. That was actually part of my original point. Times are different. Some things are better, but not all. I think it is more of a "look at me" time.

That's why I don't care for Zeke's premeditated "feed me" act where he walks away from the rest of his team so all eyes are on him, and makes sure everyone focuses on his accomplishment, no matter how small it is at times. I love spontaneous expressions of excitement - the game should stir emotions - but that's not what Zeke is doing.

Last edited:

Kwyn

Reaction score
Fair point - I wasn't considering "Boyz" as a play on Cowboys, but I'm sure you're right that it probably is. I guess I wasn't allowing myself to see that,

I still don't think it has much to do with the defensive line as a formidable unit though.

I agree that a lot of it has to do with the times. That was actually part of my original point. Times are different. Some things are better, but not all. I think it is more of a "look at me" time.

That's why I don't care for Zeke's premeditated "feed me" act where he walks away from the rest of his team so all eyes are on him, and makes sure everyone focuses on his accomplishment, no matter how small it is at times. I love spontaneous expressions of excitement - the game should stir emotions - but that's not what Zeke is doing.
So, you saw that differently than Michael’s first down. More similar to Dez’s “X”?

I agree through. I think the feed me, the wolf howl of LVE and Dez’s X are dumb and just personal branding run amok