Dak throw for 355 and 334 the past two weeks

CWR

Reaction score
no but whom ever decided to let Lamar be Lamar and design an offense around what he does best is borderline genius.

Great point. Its nice to see coaches coaching to a players strengths.

DakBringMeBack

Reaction score
Aikman doesn’t even know what a 300 yard game feels like hardly, and wouldn’t know junk time bc he never trailed. Guy was a game manager who sat on huge leads with dominant run game/offensive line/ and coach making easy throws in 2nd and 2 or 1st down with 8 in the box. All the while being called deadly accurate

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Aikman doesn’t even know what a 300 yard game feels like hardly, and wouldn’t know junk time bc he never trailed. Guy was a game manager who sat on huge leads with dominant run game/offensive line/ and coach making easy throws in 2nd and 2 or 1st down with 8 in the box. All the while being called deadly accurate

LOL imagine criticizing a HOF to prop up Dak.

Pathetic.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I'll reserve judgment on Dakota and any other players currently employed by the Cowboys until after that rag tag coaching staff is completely blown up. Then, moving forward, I will judge the remaining players under a competent coaching staff.

Until that time, I will continue to enjoy slowly sipping this tea.

giphy.gif

jimmy40

Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson said they threw to set up the run, but what does he know.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'll reserve judgment on Dakota and any other players currently employed by the Cowboys until after that rag tag coaching staff is completely blown up. Then, moving forward, I will judge the remaining players under a competent coaching staff.

Until that time, I will continue to enjoy slowly sipping this tea.

giphy.gif
There’s going to be a book written about the Garrett era someday and I’m afraid what’s going to come out of it. I mean we all know they are wasting their prime years but how they are doing it will be laughable.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
There’s going to be a book written about the Garrett era someday and I’m afraid what’s going to come out of it. I mean we all know they are wasting their prime years but how they are doing it will be laughable.
Yes. I agree 100 percent.

Gameover

Reaction score
There is no comparison between the two.

One was an elite quarterback in the NFL stuck in this miserably run organization who took 4-12 rosters to 8-8 and beyond.

The other is an average-at-best quarterback stuck in this miserably run organization who took 11-5 rosters to 11-5 and below.

Check and mate.
More like you are dumb and getting dumber

Dez
Miles
Prime Witt
Bennett
Murray
Robinson(2011)

ware
Ratliff
Spencer
Spears
Hatcher

vs

cooper
Zeke
Gallup
Old Witt
Cobb
Jar win

Lawrence
The other DE
Crap everywhere else on the DL

Dak has better ol personnel

TONY had better weapons and better dL personnel

you’re a f//king moron if you think the cowboys didn’t underachieve from 2011-13... not to mention 2008 and 2009

tony literally fumbled the jets game away in 2011, interceptions helped Detroit back in to a game, miles overthrow vs Giants, played scared @ Giants, and like Dak Prescott, put up some good garbage time stats to make it look good.

throw in the icing their own kicker @arizona, and you’re looking at a team that could’ve been 12-4 in 2011

Similar in 2013. Monte Kiffin deserves most of the blame for this teams failing to finish 10-6, but Ramiro’s hands were dirty as well.

@ Detroit cowboys enjoyed 5 turnovers from their defense but Antonio couldn’t hit the side of the barn with a dodge ball. This game shouldn’t have been close

vs Green Bay td overthrows. To underthrows. Late game interceptions led to the cowboys losing a game that should have been a safe win

Reality of the situation

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stats are less than worthless.

He's the king of garbage time numbers.

And everyone knows it............its going to be a fascinating offseason. I'd franchise Dak and see how he does with new coaching.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
More like you are dumb and getting dumber

Dez
Miles
Prime Witt
Bennett
Murray
Robinson(2011)

ware
Ratliff
Spencer
Spears
Hatcher

vs

cooper
Zeke
Gallup
Old Witt
Cobb
Jar win

Lawrence
The other DE
Crap everywhere else on the DL

Dak has better ol personnel

TONY had better weapons and better dL personnel

you’re a f//king moron if you think the cowboys didn’t underachieve from 2011-13... not to mention 2008 and 2009

tony literally fumbled the jets game away in 2011, interceptions helped Detroit back in to a game, miles overthrow vs Giants, played scared @ Giants, and like Dak Prescott, put up some good garbage time stats to make it look good.

throw in the icing their own kicker @arizona, and you’re looking at a team that could’ve been 12-4 in 2011

Similar in 2013. Monte Kiffin deserves most of the blame for this teams failing to finish 10-6, but Ramiro’s hands were dirty as well.

@ Detroit cowboys enjoyed 5 turnovers from their defense but Antonio couldn’t hit the side of the barn with a dodge ball. This game shouldn’t have been close

vs Green Bay td overthrows. To underthrows. Late game interceptions led to the cowboys losing a game that should have been a safe win

Reality of the situation

Dak has played behind an OL Romo could only dream about. How could you leave that little tidbit out? Furthermore, Romo made the wrs better. Laurent Robinson was picked up off the NFL trash heap and romo made him a threat, and Austin did nothing without Romo. Romo was a much better QB. The accuracy isn't even close. Dak makes better decisions, but thats about the only area where he improves upon Tony.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak has played behind an OL Romo could only dream about. How could you leave that little tidbit out? Furthermore, Romo made the wrs better. Laurent Robinson was picked up off the NFL trash heap and romo made him a threat, and Austin did nothing without Romo. Romo was a much better QB. The accuracy isn't even close. Dak makes better decisions, but thats about the only area where he improves upon Tony.

You guys are choosing to have selective memory on Romo for whatever reason. Romo wasn't the most accurate quarterback earlier in his career. I feel like you guys are choosing 2014 to define Romo's career when that wasn't it. He had a very solid career here no doubt...but it had some up and downs in there as well. Whether you want to blame his offensive line.

That offensive line had some bad years when it was Mackenzie Bernadaux and Nate Livings starting on it but hat was not all of Romo's career. On the outside of those years he had some very good offensive lines.

And I don't think anyone will pretend that Dak hasn't had a good offensive line......but in the past 20 years......the best offensive line performance was 2014. Romo started that year. Romo that year had Zack Martin, Ronald Leary, Tyron Smith, Doug Free and Travis Fredericks.....now I want someone to make a argument for Conner Williams being as good as Ronald Leary.

morat1959

Reaction score
This is the most inaccurate statement ever made on this board. What chair were you in the band? Are your feelings hurt because your Dak love is being challenged? Dak is horrible!

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
The yardstick should never be about statistics. I rail on that idiocy constantly.

Your eyes tell you what he is. He hasn't led the team from a 7-point deficit at halftime or the second half once. Not even once.

If Ryan Fitzpatrick were here, we'd have a better record. If Teddy Bridgewater were here, we'd have a better record.

Why are we going to pay this guy like he's something more than a bus driver?
Its never just about stats. The bus driver statement really proves everything about the arguments against him. And if you look at the critics and comparisons (really Fitz?) its always a situation where a loss can be blamed specifically on him while wins or "good plays" are attributed to someone else. The evaluation on who or what he is or at the very least what he can do is steadily a floating point with critics. The first couple of games it was crickets, had winning records and everyone is happy. Then the losses start coming and its blame game 101. But instead of it being a team loss with team issues (which we have in utter abundance) its centered on a few people. We lost before Prescott came along. We are losing now. The organization as a whole has serious issues that need to be addressed. Everyone needs and should be better including Dak as he should not be immune from criticism of his play or his overall contribution.

erod

Reaction score
Its never just about stats. The bus driver statement really proves everything about the arguments against him. And if you look at the critics and comparisons (really Fitz?) its always a situation where a loss can be blamed specifically on him while wins or "good plays" are attributed to someone else. The evaluation on who or what he is or at the very least what he can do is steadily a floating point with critics. The first couple of games it was crickets, had winning records and everyone is happy. Then the losses start coming and its blame game 101. But instead of it being a team loss with team issues (which we have in utter abundance) its centered on a few people. We lost before Prescott came along. We are losing now. The organization as a whole has serious issues that need to be addressed. Everyone needs and should be better including Dak as he should not be immune from criticism of his play or his overall contribution.
The Argument is simple.

Although we have the best offensive personnel since Aikman, we're about to pay 25% of the cap to a quarterback who can't carry a team like elite NFL quarterbacks do.

That contract will be a death knell.