Dak throw for 355 and 334 the past two weeks

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Argument is simple.

Although we have the best offensive personnel since Aikman, we're about to pay 25% of the cap to a quarterback who can't carry a team like elite NFL quarterbacks do.

That contract will be a death knell.

By seasons end the odds of Dak getting a contract will be 0.
I highly doubt he will even get the Tag at this point a real waste of some very good Cap dollars.
Do not be surprised if QB hunting will be a hot issue in Big D come this spring esp with a new coach coming to town.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
By seasons end the odds of Dak getting a contract will be 0.
I highly doubt he will even get the Tag at this point a real waste of some very good Cap dollars.
Do not be surprised if QB hunting will be a hot issue in Big D come this spring esp with a new coach coming to town.

you have underestimated how stupid jerry jones is...

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The Bears average 18 ppg. They scored 31 vs Dallas. The Bills average 21 ppg. They scored 26 vs Dallas.

When you have to put up 30 to have a chance you're going to end up throwing a lot. Maybe a little defense and special teams would help?

DFWJC

Reaction score
3 "individual" stats usually give me a very good indication of how a QB is playing.
If they are doing well in all three, they're helping their team and probably having a very good year.

Those stats in declining importance are:
  1. QB rating
  2. TD-Int differential (can adjust for 16 gms)
  3. Yards/Game

If there's a QB that runs for a ton of yards, then you can look at that too. But that usually does not last longer term. This year, you'd have to look at a bigger picture to see Lamar Jackson's MVP value. The exception though

A guy like Winston falls off the list right away, even though is #3 is high, because his numbers for items 1 and 2 are terrible.
A bus driver (think old Alex Smith before he opened it some) might have a high QB rating but low total yards.
The TD-int differential is usually a really easy go-to. Hard (but not impossible) to have a big differential without slinging it some while also not turning it over a ton.

If you end the season with >20 TD-Int differential, well, you've had a good season and helped your team. Jackson, Mahomes, Cousins, Rodgers, and Wilson are the top ones this year and all have 20 or more. Dak is actually pretty good with a 13 differential so far.

Last edited:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The Bears average 18 ppg. They scored 31 vs Dallas. The Bills average 21 ppg. They scored 26 vs Dallas.

When you have to put up 30 to have a chance you're going to end up throwing a lot. Maybe a little defense and special teams would help?

How many points did the offense put up in the first two quarters?

johneric8

Reaction score
The stupid narrative before was Dak can't throw for many yards and he is terrible with the deep ball, so now that he is slinging it, even with some garbage stats the narrative now is he can't win big games which is pure stupidity. Yeah, he can't win games alone, it takes a defense making stops and tackles.. And on yeah, it helps if special teams actually fields a team and we actually take the field with real coaches given a green light to coach.

Dak is amazing, one of the best I've seen terms of leadership and well rounded talent. Let me say it again, Dak is the *** man.