Twitter: Dak Top Ranked Free Agent/ESPN

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Just imagine the depth of mediocrity we would sink to if he was our QB. The Romo lovers would probably be in favor of it because Trubisky’s face in a helmet looks like Romo. He can even Houdini spin away from defenders.

WTH? lol I have no idea what this means.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yep just like number one quarterback in the draft will always go to bad teams [good teams don't get number one picks], who's going to overpay for a gimp foot average quarterback. Oh yeah. Jerry the dreamer Jones.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The reality is that outside of Dallas, he's not looked upon nearly as favorably.

There certainly something to be said for that but it only takes one team's GM to see it differently. Also, what Jerry and Stephen say publicly and what they do during negotiations don't correspond, at all, with their statements. What they say should, rightfully, be taken with a grain of salt. Their actions totally belie what they say.

Last edited:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Can't help but wonder if the Patriots might be inclined to offer us a trade for Dak pretty soon . . .:huh:
Old boy, you cant trade a FA.
But you wrote "pretty soon." So, when exactly does Dak's contract end?
A late-hour trade?

Hollah!

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
cant trade a FA

We can trade him if our FO, firstly, signs him to a franchise tag. At least, it would free them from paying Dak a fortune and perhaps allow them to seek a trade. They're, apparently, being caught between a rock and a hard place with Dak's demands. The FO will have to poop or get off the pot. It's going to be tough resolving our defensive woes and paying Dak, too. Jerry and Stephen really have their work cut out for them. ;)

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Old boy, you cant trade a FA.
But you wrote "pretty soon." So, when exactly does Dak's contract end?
A late-hour trade?

Hollah!

Well, you caught me in a mistake . . . congratulations -- shake hands with several others who beat you to the punch! o_O

Have you read my response about what could possibly happen if we signed him to a franchise tag? Hollah, yourself! :rolleyes:

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Leonard Williams at 3. Wonder if giants can tag him again? Or do they let him just walk.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Dallas can't trade Dak until he signs something, be it a tag or a contract. Given the price of either you're not going to get a major haul in return.

I don't see anyone giving up a boatload of picks for the privilege of making Dak one of the richest men in the NFL. But if he's an outright free agent (he won't be) someone would sign him despite what a few folks here believe.

Lots of people only see the player in the trade, and not the contract cost. I don't think the right to pay top free agent dollar is that big a thrill either.

We spent a 1st for a half a year of Cooper's rookie contract, a 5th year option, and the right to sign him to top free agent money.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
dak is not a brady, not even an old brady. yep, they want the guy who is a slow reader of defenses. yep, that's going to happen.

That's is the kind of thing that players improve on with more years of experience. Dak improve *alot* from 2018 to 2019.

khiladi

Reaction score
Trent Williams is listed as number 2 here, has had some injuries of late, and he was drafted in 2010... the 49ers gave up a fifth for him in 2020 and third for him in 2021.