Twitter: Dak Top Ranked Free Agent/ESPN

Aven8

Reaction score
What are all the posters that hate our QB gonna do when we sign him long term? Turn off there TV sets?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Guess you weren't able to comprehend the post.

If a team did inquire about Dak, you wouldn't have heard about it regardless. You acting like you would have is pretty embarrassing for you LOL. But teams don't blindly call about franchise QBs in the NFL landscape unless they are made available. Is it basic enough for you yet?

Okay so you say no team franchises their franchise QB. What happens if he gets an extension this offseason? What are you going to do? Huh Markisha?
Right..... LOL We hear about every single rumor some click bait "journalist" can come up with but we would NEVER hear about a trade inquiry regarding the "top ranked free agent" QB.

Right.... GM's around the league would NEVER notice what's going with what they consider to be a franchise QB and place a call to inquire about and/or let the team that has the rights to that QB know they are interested.

That stuff NEVER happens, right Albert?

Can you name a QB who was signed by the team that tagged him, Albert?

Now don't get me wrong Al. If anyone is going to go against the grain it would be Jerry so it's certainly not out of the question that Jerry does what has never been done before. That really has absolutely nothing to with the point and you taking it there really just shows how you are far more emotional about this topic than you are reasonable.

"Made available"! LOL

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
what team is paying 40 million for a gimp? just wondering, some team that doesn't have a defense or a team without an offensive line. This should be good, I hope some team offers to pick up the gimp.
Why do you waste electricity typing? Absolutely nothing you’ve ever said or typed has made sense.

Motorola

Reaction score
These endless Prescott debates....hopefully the contract resolution happens soon after the free agency period begins.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dak being the top FA means one of two things will happen.
1. The Cowboys over pay for a middle of the road QB.
2. Another team over pays for a middle of the road QB.

Either way Dak will be extremely lucky to get two playoff wins in the next 5 years.

basel90

Reaction score
We can trade him if our FO, firstly, signs him to a franchise tag. At least, it would free them from paying Dak a fortune and perhaps allow them to seek a trade. They're, apparently, being caught between a rock and a hard place with Dak's demands. The FO will have to poop or get off the pot. It's going to be tough resolving our defensive woes and paying Dak, too. Jerry and Stephen really have their work cut out for them. ;)
Trade him if he insists on top dollar . the math doen’t lie . This team already has many grossly overpaid players and cannot afford to pay top to a bumpy leg QB who is not elite . Plain and simple . But I have a feeling Jerry doesn’t want to let him go . Jerry picked him , and Jerry doesn’t think he has the time to take a chance on another QB .

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Trade him if he insists on top dollar . the math doen’t lie . This team already has many grossly overpaid players and cannot afford to pay top to a bumpy leg QB who is not elite . Plain and simple . But I have a feeling Jerry doesn’t want to let him go . Jerry picked him , and Jerry doesn’t think he has the time to take a chance on another QB .

I'm thinking Dak and the FO might have to make some adjustments if they're destined to come to a contractual agreement. In 2020, the FO had already offered $34.5 mil for 5 years, which seemed fairly reasonable to me. Jerry and Stephen are ill-prepared to consider letting Dak go. Maybe they'd consider using a mid-round pick to draft a QB the scouts think is promising. In doing so, they'd potentially have a QB to cushion the blow, if Dak isn't signed, There's surely no guarantee he'd settle for last year's proposal this time around. Gilbert could be the starter 'til the new guy is ready to step up. o_O

Last edited:

basel90

Reaction score
I'm thinking Dak and the FO might have to make some adjustments if they're destined to come to a contractual agreement. In 2020, the FO had already offered $34.5 mil for 5 years, which seemed fairly reasonable to me. Jerry and Stephen are ill-prepared to consider letting Dak go. Maybe they'd consider using a mid-round pick to draft a QB the scouts think is promising. In doing so, they'd potentially have a QB to cushion the blow, if Dak isn't signed, There's surely no guarantee he'd settle for last year's proposal this time around. Gilbert could be the starter 'til the new guy is ready to step up. o_O
Very true . The proposal they made at 35 mil is way more than reasonable for this team’s situation and cap space . He refused and forced the team to franchise , which hurt the team . I like your idea of a early round prospect and we roll with Gilbert or dalton . but as usual jerry will cave and be stubborn about not losing a star HE picked . I am expecting this FO to pay dak around 40 mil which will mean another cycle of futility . Sad .

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
What are all the posters that hate our QB gonna do when we sign him long term? Turn off there TV sets?
Lol. Continue watching him under a microscope so they can argue how he over threw a receiver. :lmao:

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Same thing we did yesterday. Watch other teams play in the championship games.

Winonesoon

Reaction score
Wow. 28?

He has another good 10 years to go.

Come on Dak. Pull a Brady and sign a reasonable contract for the better of all.
See, there inlays the problem. Good enough to command current market value and just enough questions to make people back off. its a serious power struggle. Either call is 50/50.