Dak, Troy, Romo, Roger-start 1, bench 2 and cut one 1

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Give me Tom Landry and his Super Bowl-caliber lineups or Jimmy Johnson and his Super Bowl-caliber lineups and I really don't think it matters that much which of these four start.

It would be fun, though, to see Romo with the Doomsday defense and run-heavy offenses of the '60s and '70s. Or Prescott playing on an offense just as loaded (and maybe moreso) than what we have now but with a No. 1 defense supporting it like we had in the 1990s.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I start Captain America... Staubach.
I bench Aikman.
Only because it is the only other option given, I cut Dakota.

But Dak is my QB for the current team.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First, I need to know what kind of team they will have around them? One like Staubach and Aikman had or like Romo had and Prescott has?

I would start either Aikman or Staubach depending on how the O is to be executed. Does the QB have to make plays ala Roger or can he employ all the weapons like Troy?

I've never seen Romo or Prescott play with the type teams the other two did but I would take Meredith and White over either one of those QB's.

pansophy

Reaction score
Staubach is #1 for sure.

If our OL is trash I actually cut Aikman and keep Romo and Dak. If our OL is great then right now I probably cut Dak, in part because its makes his running ability less needed. Romo's passing QBR is still much higher than Dak's -- it is his added running ability to brings it up to the same level.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
What ya gonna do??????

Starting Staubach
bench = Akiman and Dak
Cutting Romo

Dak's younger with a proven higher ceiling based on his first four years IMO. But this is clearly a gut-wrenching decision that can go either way.

100045477_3251523681578492_6504098722723397632_o.jpg
I'd do the same.
Dak edges out Romo for me same way he beats Carson for me. Health and availability.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
What ya gonna do??????

Starting Staubach
bench = Akiman and Dak
Cutting Romo

Dak's younger with a proven higher ceiling based on his first four years IMO. But this is clearly a gut-wrenching decision that can go either way.

Good choice.

I would go with Dak as my No 3 even if i think that Romo was the better QB. Dak is more suited for bench warming.

Jeffkills

Reaction score
How hilarious...

Why or how anybody wouldn’t take Romo for Dak is beyond me.

All things being equal RE Tont’s back, Dak is clearly inferior...

Tony leading last year’s offense would’ve been unfair.. Tony with this year’s offense would be breaking offensive records.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Whoever wins will be starting vs current era defenses? Are the 4 QB's all rookies on day one?

Does Rodger still serve in the navy or is it right to the field after college/academy?
Aikman might have a really long career without taking all those hits allowed in the 90's.
Romo needed years to develope after college so he might be the one to get cut.
Dak is big and mobile and for that alone he might be given the 3rd slot.

If were talking about this and they're all veterans vs current era defenses. In this case Romo could actually end up being the starter and i'm not a Romo fan.

DaBoys12

Reaction score
Honestly, I'd need about 4 weeks of camp to decided. I'd like to know what kind of team I had o-line, weapons, defense? Who's the coach? There's alot of talent with these 4 qb's. I'd have a hard time cutting anyone of them, if it was my hypothetical-

Start Roger
Bench Aikman & Dak
Injured Reserve Romo (this allows me future trade considerations)

But, sticking with op's question, I'd have to cut Dak based on what we know as of right now on their careers. And I believe in Dak.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Start Roger, backup Danny.....it worked in the 70s :)

This makes most sense to me as well. Roger is the best we ever had, no question in my mind so he starts. However, Troy wasn't exactly sheep dip so no way he rides bench. He would eventually make his way out of Dallas. Same with Tony IMO. Dak, he's never really been a backup so I don't know that he could be one. Danny White, plenty good and he had experience being backup. Plus, he could step in and win games for you.

Good call Mojo.

:clap:

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
What ya gonna do??????

Starting Staubach
bench = Akiman and Dak
Cutting Romo

Dak Attack Pander Post Version 154.2