Dak Versus the Young Guns

T-RO

Reaction score
I really like Watson. He gets lost in the discussion for some reason.

9/15/19 Jags/Texans
Watson 16/29 159 yards 0 TD 0 INT
Minshew 23/33 213 1 TD 0 INT

Rushing
Watson 4 attempts 5 yards
Minshew 6 attempts 56 yards

Watson has amazing physical tools. I just don't think it will translate to elite results.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
9/15/19 Jags/Texans

Rushing

Watson has amazing physical tools. I just don't think it will translate to elite results.
What does this mean?

T-RO

Reaction score
What does this mean?

I already said: Watson has amazing physical tools. I just don't think it will translate to elite results. He doesn't have anticipatory feel. He holds the ball too long. And he's gonna have a hard time staying on the field.

I'd put Lamar among the elite sooner than Watson. Lamar is stronger, more athletic and he can take the hits. Lamar is a scary good player.

Watson will get broken in half trying to play like Lamar.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak is no longer one of the younger quarterbacks. He's becoming the seasoned vet.

Brees won't be long for this league. Eli is done. Brady won't be here in another year or two. Luck is retired. A lot of people, including me, think Cam Newton is toast. Phillip Rivers is on the downside of his career, as is Matt Ryan. Aaron Rogers is 35. Hmmm....

Now it's the kid QBs even younger than Dak that are stepping up to do battle: Mahomes, Daniel Jones, Minshew, Lamar Jackson, Goff, Mayfield, Watson, Darnold, Josh Allen. Add to the list: the Panthers Kyle Allen had a VERY impressive day today.

Dak is 27. He has the leadership, clutch gene, strength of will, the offensive scheme, the supporting cast, the accuracy and the experience to battle in prime form for the next 7 or 8 years. Time for Dak to school the kids.
Huh???

Dak led the Cowboys his rookie year to a 13-3 record, something none of those young QBs you listed have done.

Plus, Dak barely turned 26, not 27 as you stated. Smh.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is no longer one of the younger quarterbacks. He's becoming the seasoned vet.

Brees won't be long for this league. Eli is done. Brady won't be here in another year or two. Luck is retired. A lot of people, including me, think Cam Newton is toast. Phillip Rivers is on the downside of his career, as is Matt Ryan. Aaron Rogers is 35. Hmmm....

Now it's the kid QBs even younger than Dak that are stepping up to do battle: Mahomes, Daniel Jones, Minshew, Lamar Jackson, Goff, Mayfield, Watson, Darnold, Josh Allen. Add to the list: the Panthers Kyle Allen had a VERY impressive day today.

Dak is 27. He has the leadership, clutch gene, strength of will, the offensive scheme, the supporting cast, the accuracy and the experience to battle in prime form for the next 7 or 8 years. Time for Dak to school the kids.

Just turned 26.

http://www.nfl.com/player/dakprescott/2555260/profile

T-RO

Reaction score
Wentz is another guy with amazing physical skills... but something is lacking w/intangibles.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
9/15/19 Jags/Texans

Rushing

What? Why don't you tell us his stats vs. the Saints (in New Orleans) or today's stats (in LA)? Or his stats his rookie year or last season? What kind of cherry picking is this?

T-RO

Reaction score
What? Why don't you tell us his stats vs. the Saints (in New Orleans) or today's stats (in LA)? Or his stats his rookie year or last season? What kind of cherry picking is this?

It was one sample out of three on the season. Against THE M'STACHE (1/1 sample) Wilson was clearly outplayed by the rook, in his own stadium at Houston, to be clear.

To Wilson's credit he fared better than Marriota in head-to-head, facial-hair-to-facial-hair tifs. The stache overcame tropical storm winds, rains and the Titans D. Unstoppable.

Minshew people. Know the name. Fear the 'stache.