Dak vs Jimmy G

Mannix

Reaction score
Who would you rather have? It is a flat out no brainer for me...it's Jimmy G. For the life of me, I cannot understand why SF is in such a hurry to replace him. SF was one Eli Manning pop fly type throw and catch by KC in the Super Bowl from winning one himself....until that happened, they were toast. Is Jimmy G great? No. But he has more tools than Dak, who will NEVER sniff a Super Bowl. Does Dak have a no trade clause? If not, let's get something going....we are wasting our time by doing nothing.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who would you rather have? It is a flat out no brainer for me...it's Jimmy G. For the life of me, I cannot understand why SF is in such a hurry to replace him. SF was one Eli Manning pop fly type throw and catch by KC in the Super Bowl from winning one himself....until that happened, they were toast. Is Jimmy G great? No. But he has more tools than Dak, who will NEVER sniff a Super Bowl. Does Dak have a no trade clause? If not, let's get something going....we are wasting our time by doing nothing.
Hater alert!!! Another I don't like Dak thread! Lol! Thanks for the entertainment! :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is going on six years but I think I am finally willing to admit Prescott has exceeded the volume of criticism Romo received his entire football playing career. That observation excludes any non-football activities though. Even so, I still think Prescott has not yet topped the degree of criticism level at Romo. That has a ways to go still I think.

As far as the versus is concerned, I see Garoppolo and Prescott on an even basis at this time. My opinion might change if-and-when both offensive and defensive lines are solidified. Considerable factors are attributive to games won and lost in the trenches and Dallas is not an exception in that regard.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's too bad, you must really enjoy not getting anywhere in big games or in the playoffs.

If stats are your thing, then go with Dak. I wouldn't go that route if I was interested in winning championships, though.
He's out QB for the next three years.....do you slobber over other women too. Thou shall not covet another teams QB.....

fivetwos

Reaction score
I dont care, but here's what I DO know.....

I wouldn't trust Jerry and his kid to make that decision.

All they do is listen to assistants and try to piece it all together.

That hasn't worked at all, but they sure are proud of themselves.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

It’s a no-brainer that you’re a Dak hater. Jimmy G is nothing more than a game manager. He’s never had a 4000 yard season and he’s never thrown for more than 27 TDs. If Dak had the career numbers Jimmy G had he would have never gotten paid and practically everyone in Cowboys Nation would be screaming for a new QB including me. Jimmy G has a good winning percentage and has had some playoff success because he’s had some very good physical teams with strong defenses that have allowed him to play within himself. He would’ve gone completely bust with the Cowboys. Even San Francisco was giving up on him making a huge move for Trey Lance. Jimmy G never had a season where he had to attempt more than 476 passes. Dak has pushed 600 passing attempts twice during his career. Jimmy G isn’t that mobile and he’s had injury issues. He would’ve never lasted a season having to carry the offense like Dak has had to. Some of you would take any QB over Dak.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
It is going on six years but I think I am finally willing to admit Prescott has exceeded the volume of criticism Romo received his entire football playing career. That observation excludes any non-football activities though. Even so, I still think Prescott has not yet topped the degree of criticism level at Romo. That has a ways to go still I think.
Imo - very debatable -on the old boards we had to come up with a whole sub section just for Romo it got so bad.

That was the worst part of being a mod - having to read all of the same arguments over and over again in that section...

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
He's out QB for the next three years.....do you slobber over other women too. Thou shall not covet another teams QB.....

I don't covet other QB's, I just B and moan about the one we have. Maybe Dak looks at his position as just a job and really isn't all that concerned with winning. That's unacceptable to me, but I guess others are fine with it.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't covet other QB's, I just B and moan about the one we have. Maybe Dak looks at his position as just a job and really isn't all that concerned with winning. That's unacceptable to me, but I guess others are fine with it.
Lol! Look at his record....he wins more than most, despite playing for Garrett and Moore.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak has more than double the career TD passes than Jimmy G and has 20 more rushing TDs. Any fan who says they would rather have Jimmy G’s production over Dak’s and believes he would make the Cowboys a better team is either stupid or a bold face liar!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Imo - very debatable -on the old boards we had to come up with a whole sub section just for Romo it got so bad.

That was the worst part of being a mod - having to read all of the same arguments over and over again in that section...
Unfortunately for you guys there was no redundancy rule.

There isn't one here either but I think Reality knows that if he had a Dak Forum, we would ask for combat pay or Zone paid for therapy. Hell, I'd sign up just for the free therapy. because he'd be changing them out often.

Here's what I don't get. Hate Romo, love him, hate Prescott, love him, have at it. Why transfer that to other posters.

I hated cottage cheese, my wife loved cottage cheese. I didn't hate her for loving cottage cheese. Wouldn't sit at the same table with her while she ate it but I didn't hate on her.

We have reached critical controversy, there are no new arguments for or against Prescott.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
But he has more tools than Dak, who will NEVER sniff a Super Bowl. Does Dak have a no trade clause?

What tools does Jimmy G have that Dak doesn’t? You have no clue what you’re talking about! It’s the coaching and what Jimmy G has around him that’s helped him have some success. And if you did some homework you would know Dak has a no trade clause in his contract.