Dak vs Jimmy G

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
There isn't one here either but I think Reality knows that if he had a Dak Forum, we would ask for combat pay or Zone paid for therapy. Hell, I'd sign up just for the free therapy. because he'd be changing them out often.
Funny but after I was a mod for a while - if we got new mods - I'd tell them that they had to moderate the Romo section cause they were new. lol.

I just couldn't take it anymore - I swear I was losing braincells... (served you up a meatball there CC).

Thing is just like with Romo, I can see both sides - why some love him and why some hate him.

Whenever I see a Dak thread, I usually dont even click on it - I break out in cold sweats - brings me back to the Romo ones.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I'll take the Super Bowl appearance over empty numbers...if we had Jimmy G and SF had Dak, we would have rolled them in our playoff game. Is anyone dumb enough to doubt that? I am NOT calling Jimmy G the second coming of John Elway, but he does have more tools than Dak and does win some big games....while Dak feasts on the East and very little more.
My dear I wish you would just get it. San Fran & LA have the two best coaching staffs in the league. McVay not only took Goff to a Superbowl, but a quarterback whose never even won a playoff game in an entire decade w/the Detroit Lions, Stafford.

Shanahan took the Niners to the Superbowl in just 4 years after being hired as their new HC. It wasn't Jimmy G. If it were Jimmy G, then where was he before Shanahan came along?! No where to be found. The niners were horrific.

Quarterback's are only as good as their coaching staff!

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dak has more than double the career TD passes than Jimmy G and has 20 more rushing TDs. Any fan who says they would rather have Jimmy G’s production over Dak’s and believes he would make the Cowboys a better team is either stupid or a bold face liar!
He's probably looking at their playoff success. If that's the case Jimmy G is much better.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Who would you rather have? It is a flat out no brainer for me...it's Jimmy G. For the life of me, I cannot understand why SF is in such a hurry to replace him. SF was one Eli Manning pop fly type throw and catch by KC in the Super Bowl from winning one himself....until that happened, they were toast. Is Jimmy G great? No. But he has more tools than Dak, who will NEVER sniff a Super Bowl. Does Dak have a no trade clause? If not, let's get something going....we are wasting our time by doing nothing.
Didnt jimmy G win a playoff game throwing for under 100 yards?? Lol. Dak throws for 300 and still cant win because the rest of the team isnt good.

Flamma

Reaction score
Who would you rather have? It is a flat out no brainer for me...it's Jimmy G. For the life of me, I cannot understand why SF is in such a hurry to replace him. SF was one Eli Manning pop fly type throw and catch by KC in the Super Bowl from winning one himself....until that happened, they were toast. Is Jimmy G great? No. But he has more tools than Dak, who will NEVER sniff a Super Bowl. Does Dak have a no trade clause? If not, let's get something going....we are wasting our time by doing nothing.

Is there really a big difference? What tools does Garoppolo have over Dak? The only reason I'd say Dak is because Jimmy can sometimes flake out and lose a game all by himself. In the regular season, no way should the Titans have beaten the 49ers. Give Jimmy G. the MVP. That was all him. Dallas had no business even being in that playoff game but for Jimmy G.

I think the 49ers want to replace him because they don't want to pay him market value for a QB. I don't blame them. Don't be fooled by the 49ers success into thinking it's because of Garoppolo. Jimmy G. couldn't hold Rodgers Jock strap, yet the 49ers beat them multiple times. He was right there against the Chiefs almost winning that SB. So what if he won? Does that put him in the same league as Mahomes? It does not. The 49ers was simply a dominant team. Jim Plunket won 2 super bowls and the dude sucked.

Flamma

Reaction score
Didnt jimmy G win a playoff game throwing for under 100 yards?? Lol. Dak throws for 300 and still cant win because the rest of the team isnt good.

Yeah, that 49ers team was just dominant. Especially the year they went to the SB.

When you were a little kid, did you ever ask your parent if you could steer the car for a few seconds while they drove? That's Jimmy G.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Neither are capable of taking this team to the SB. But then again it wouldn't matter which QB we have the front office refuses to do enough, add enough talent, hire the right coaches, to help make a SB run.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He's probably looking at their playoff success. If that's the case Jimmy G is much better.

It’s not Jimmy G it’s his teams that have been much better. He won playoff games this past season where he only passed for 172 yards and 132 yards. In 3 playoff games he didn’t pass for more than 232 yards. He had 3 INTs and only 2 TD passes in three playoff games this past season. Those numbers would get him shredded by Cowboys fans. No way are the Cowboys going to advance in the playoffs with a QB putting up those numbers. We don’t have the defense or the running game to allow a QB to simply manage games with low passing numbers and throwing more INTs than TDs. We have to have a productive QB who can put up numbers to win games with the team we have. The Cowboys are a QB dependent team which is why they have terrible seasons when they lose their starting QB for the season.

Big D

Reaction score
What exactly are these tools that Jimmy G has that dak doesn't?

Big D

Reaction score
What tools does Jimmy G have that Dak doesn’t? You have no clue what you’re talking about! It’s the coaching and what Jimmy G has around him that’s helped him have some success. And if you did some homework you would know Dak has a no trade clause in his contract.
I asked the same question before I read your post.

Flamma

Reaction score
It’s not Jimmy G it’s his teams that have been much better. He won playoff games this past season where he only passed for 172 yards and 132 yards. In 3 playoff games he didn’t pass for more than 232 yards. He had 3 INTs and only 2 TD passes in three playoff games this past season. Those numbers would get him shredded by Cowboys fans. No way are the Cowboys going to advance in the playoffs with a QB putting up those numbers. We don’t have the defense or the running game to allow a QB to simply manage games with low passing numbers and throwing more INTs than TDs. We have to have a productive QB who can put up numbers to win games with the team we have. The Cowboys are a QB dependent team which is why they have terrible seasons when they lose their starting QB for the season.

LOL with our running game last season? Jimmy G. would have been devoured.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I realize that there are tons of "Hate on Dak" threads, but there aren't many devoted to directly comparing him to someone else....thought it would make for a nice change of pace....that's all.
No problem
This place is for airing opinions

CWR

Reaction score
That's too bad, you must really enjoy not getting anywhere in big games or in the playoffs.

If stats are your thing, then go with Dak. I wouldn't go that route if I was interested in winning championships, though.

Yes because Jimmy G is the reason for the 9ers success.

Mannix

Reaction score
I always laugh at those like yourself who expose themselves as casual armchair fans. You’re absolutely lost if you think Jimmy G would have more success with the Cowboys than Dak. We have no running game, our OL is a mess and our defense still can’t stop anyone in critical games. Have you not been watching our games? There’s not a team in the league that would have success with Jimmy G passing the ball 40+ times a game. He’s had issues with turnovers and he can’t stay healthy. Explain what tools Jimmy G has over Dak?

I think SF would have scored more than 9 points in KC on 12 possessions.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak, because these supposed fans keep making these dumb threads.

Dak or Romo
Dak or Wentz
Dak or Cousins
Dak or Mayfield
Dak or Garapolo
Dak or Rush
Dak or Carr
Dak or ????

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
LOL with our running game last season? Jimmy G. would have been devoured.

He wouldn’t of lasted half the season with us. He missed a couple of games last year and just underwent shoulder surgery on his throwing shoulder.