CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You already know the spin..
"It was only garbage time stats."
"The offense never showed up until teams started playing prevent."
"The offense never scored until the 4th quarter..."

and my personal favorite

"Teams were sagging off to let Dak put up numbers so Jerry would have to pay him because guys around the league like Dak..."

Yes.. someone actually said this..
exactly....and everyone of those were proven wrong....

and I can't remember who, but you are right, I remember than last statement.

and somebody else actually blamed the bad rush defense on Dak. yes. true. he said our rush defense was bad because of Dak.... figure that one out.

Steve007

Reaction score
the same old illogical argument...

then I guess we should rank Dilfer above Dan marino. Dilfer won a superbowl. and perhaps Grossman is as good as Marino since he went to a superbowl too..
The post was you don't have to win to be a winner. That does not make sense. If that is the case then everyone is a winner. You can say Dilfer, Marino and Grossman are all winners. The post wasn't about rank. Read more carefully.

Steve007

Reaction score
#2 offense in 2019. had by far the best offense in 2020 where it took additional two weeks after his injury for any QB to match his passing numbers.. now go and spin it.
Your just spinning. They were ranked 6th overall offense in 2019. The 2019 NFC title game the Cowboys lost to the Eagles 17-9. They couldn't score more than 9 points on a bad Eagle team. You don't measure a season in 3 game and say " but if not for the injury"

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Your just spinning. They were ranked 6th overall offense in 2019. The 2019 NFC title game the Cowboys lost to the Eagles 17-9. They couldn't score more than 9 points on a bad Eagle team. You don't measure a season in 3 game and say " but if not for the injury"
Oh sorry 6th vs. 2 overall. Whoopie.

2nd overall passing.

So are all wins and losses on the QB?

Spin away

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Oh sorry 6th vs. 2 overall. Whoopie.

2nd overall passing.

So are all wins and losses on the QB?

Spin away

It's annoying how folks keep bringing up that Eagles loss.. conveniently ignoring the fact that Dak played that game on an injured shoulder and banged up hand which prevented him from even throwing all week in practice. That loss was on the coaches for going with a guy who they couldn't even see throw until Saturday walk through and on the front office for not having a better option at backup QB than Cooper Rush. Dak looked terrible in that game and it was obvious from the jump that he wasn't right.. but the coaching staff did not appear to have a plan B if he didn't have it that day. Instead Moore called 46 pass plays and 16 runs.. Stupid.. Stupid.. Stupid..

Steve007

Reaction score
It's annoying how folks keep bringing up that Eagles loss.. conveniently ignoring the fact that Dak played that game on an injured shoulder and banged up hand which prevented him from even throwing all week in practice. That loss was on the coaches for going with a guy who they couldn't even see throw until Saturday walk through and on the front office for not having a better option at backup QB than Cooper Rush. Dak looked terrible in that game and it was obvious from the jump that he wasn't right.. but the coaching staff did not appear to have a plan B if he didn't have it that day. Instead Moore called 46 pass plays and 16 runs.. Stupid.. Stupid.. Stupid..
Excuses

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Exactly....the one game they hold on to.

And it should have never come down to that if the coaches wouldn't screw up the Minny game or the saints game earlier in the season. Both of those losses falls on the coaches , more specifically Moore a first year OC with all of one year of coaching experience.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Exactly....the one game they hold on to.

And it should have never come down to that if the coaches wouldn't screw up the Minny game or the saints game earlier in the season. Both of those losses falls on the coaches , more specifically Moore a first year OC with all of one year of coaching experience.

Yeah we got a snootfull of Moore's shortcomings when he faced good DCs that year. He was better in 2020 except for the early game scripted plays and his head scratching playcalling in the red zone. Here's hoping in year three he gets better at those two issues. I live 15 minutes from the stadium and if I see any more of this 5 wide empty backfield crap the instant we get into the red zone I will drive to the stadium and beat the crap out of Moore myself..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yeah we got a snootfull of Moore's shortcomings when he faced good DCs that year. He was better in 2020 except for the early game scripted plays and his head scratching playcalling in the red zone. Here's hoping in year three he gets better at those two issues. I live 15 minutes from the stadium and if I see any more of this 5 wide empty backfield crap the instant we get into the red zone I will drive to the stadium and beat the crap out of Moore myself..
I never forget the Minny game. we rushed something like 47 yards all game. passed for over 400 yards. that last drive we passed all the way down the field. then Moore decided to run twice with zeke up the middle and then two consecutive passes to zeke of all people. then we make a stop. and he tells the returner not to return the ball, with open field in front of him....stupid.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
OP thought Jameis was a mixture of Peyton and Brady so take his scouting hot takes with the Dead Sea levels of salt

Deep_South

Reaction score
Dak is a three-time Pro Bowl QB and Fields is unproven at the pro level. So, we just have to wait and see on Fields.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak is a good quarterback just not a great quarterback. Don't take it personal.
I am not consider Dak elite...never said that......... I consider Mahomes, Wilson, Rodgers great QBs at this point in their careers. but perhaps based on your definition we should examine them too...Rogers hasn't won anything in 10 years and only 1 superbowl in his career when he had a top 5 defense and some great players around him. so is he great?....neither has wilson won anything, who is 1-3 in the playoffs since he lost lynch ad the great legion of boom defense. so perhps we need to examine him, given he has had some nice pieces around him and great head coach.........mahomes has some nice tools around him in kelce, hill, watkins, and a very good OL, perhaps top 5 and some very good RBs around h im.....and he couldn't win it this year when there was an injury to the OL man....so perhaps, he is not great neither.....

I am basing these on your definition of good vs. great.