Dak vs Justin Fields

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Flacco Cousins, Goff, Wentz and Garapolo are all overpaid. Doesn't mean the Cowboys should. When the vikings gave Cousins that contract I thought that was crazy. Same with Goff and Wentz. Those didn't turn out so well. We will see with Dak. He is coming off a bad injury and nobody knows how it will affect his game. I still think the Cowboys overpaid.

While it's fair to think this, you can't truly judge it until it has run at least a couple of years. If Dak continues his pre-injury trajectory he will be worth every penny. If he doesn't THEN we will be able to say the Cowboys overpaid. At present what they paid was fair market value. Yes they could have had a number of guys cheaper.. But in doing so they would run the risk of a) getting inferior QB play and having the team be worse and b) having Dak go somewhere else and killin it, which would spill stanky old egg all over the face of the Cowboys. Signing him was by far the safer play.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The Cowboys have never won a playoff game when the opponent scored 30 or more - not with Staubach, not with Aikman, or any other QB.

The opponent scored 30 or more in both of Dak's losses.

Until the Cowboys get serious about defense they'll keep coming up short, Dak or no Dak. It's been that way for 60 years.
its Dak's fault our run defense was so bad....

somebody actually said that.... and they argued on several posts...

so go figure...

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I watched Fields vs Lawrence in January 2021 in the Sugar Bowl.

One threw for 6 TD passes, the other looked befuddled and confused.

Y'all keep slurping on Clemson Barbie. He was the one who was befuddled and confused.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I watched Fields vs Lawrence in January 2021 in the Sugar Bowl.

One threw for 6 TD passes, the other looked befuddled and confused.

Y'all keep slurping on Clemson Barbie. He was the one who was befuddled and confused.

Yeah if Fields had not gotten injured late in that game he and Ohio State might have hoisted the trophy. Dude was ballin in them playoffs.. Of course Lawrence has all the tools to be successful but he will need weapons and good coaching to do so.. We'll see if Meyer's methods translate to the pros. If it does, Lawrence will be fine.. if not, he will fall flat on his face. Or at the very least take a long time and several coaches before he succeeds...