Twitter: Dak vs top-10 defenses

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Versus top ten based on points allowed: Cowboys were 0-5

13-9 L
26-15 L
28-24 L
31-24 L (Bears highest point total of the season)
34-24 L (Packers second highest point total of the season)

Average score:

Opponent 26.4
Cowboys 19.2

Offense needed to do better, but they weren't alone. Cowboys needed to average 4 TDs/game vs top 10 defenses to win. Top ten defenses don't tend to allow 4 TDs.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Year 5 coming up.
How many years you figure 5-6-7-9-10 till he can beat a team with a winning record on a regular basis???

P.S. While we're waiting for inept Dak to develop how about the rest of our talents being wasted away????

And I don’t mean my previous comment as disrespect. I just know that neither one of us is going to change the others mind. So I don’t want to get into a back and forth with you. Because I think you come across as a nice person otherwise. But we are just so far apart on our opinion of Dak. That I don’t think either of us will gain ground. Ya know what I mean man.

best wishes otherwise though.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And I don’t mean my previous comment as disrespect. I just know that neither one of us is going to change the others mind. So I don’t want to get into a back and forth with you. Because I think you come across as a nice person otherwise. But we are just so far apart on our opinion of Dak. That I don’t think either of us will gain ground. Ya know what I mean man.

best wishes otherwise though.

Our core difference is I'm a Cowboy fan first and foremost and you're a Dak fan first and foremost.
It is what it is and GL following Dak to his new team wherever that might be!

HungryLion

Reaction score
Our core difference is I'm a Cowboy fan first and foremost and you're a Dak fan first and foremost.
It is what it is and GL following Dak to his new team wherever that might be!

That’s not accurate at all though. I have been a cowboys fan a long time. Prior to Dak arriving. I’ll remain a cowboys fan no matter what happens with Dak. You must have missed all the posts where I said. “I would be ok with the cowboys drafting a first round QB if they did it”. I just knew it wasn’t going to happen because I’m a realist.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Versus top ten based on points allowed: Cowboys were 0-5

13-9 L
26-15 L
28-24 L
31-24 L (Bears highest point total of the season)
34-24 L (Packers second highest point total of the season)

Average score:

Opponent 26.4
Cowboys 19.2

Offense needed to do better, but they weren't alone. Cowboys needed to average 4 TDs/game vs top 10 defenses to win. Top ten defenses don't tend to allow 4 TDs.
This isnt just about the W/L record. Its about the $40m man’s performance.

The tweet suggests, if you switch him and Wentz in those games, the Cowboys make the playoffs and the Eagles are home

phildadon86

Reaction score
Some of y'all deflecting...we ain't talking about Orlovsky's career, and it don't matter if the man is speaking truth it is what it is.

5 games is a good enough sample size to think Dak should've did something better than that. I guess we see why Stephen isn't budging on the contract.

I see ppl posting all these stats about Dak's greatness, but now all of a sudden it's a team game...haha boi y'all be trippin.

I'm not against Dak or for him. I just call it how I see it. Regardless of how you slice it 0-5 with those type stats is hot garbage... can't win a SB folding vs good defenses cause playoffs are filled with them.
So if 5 games is good enough. Why not use his career. Which was near 50 percent win percentage against top defences until this past year

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s not accurate at all though. I have been a cowboys fan a long time. Prior to Dak arriving. I’ll remain a cowboys fan no matter what happens with Dak.
QB is the most important and highest-paid position in the NFL.
When Dak-Lovers like yourself cannot acknowledge that we have a significant scoring problem and it falls totally on Dak the QB then one questions your true loyalties for the STAR.
Enough here who knows you might have a Field Goal fetish or a 3 and out love of the game?
GL

InTheZone

Reaction score
bXERMVb.jpg
omg I laughed and some of my taco bell came out :/

HungryLion

Reaction score
When Dak-Lovers like yourself cannot acknowledge that we have a significant scoring problem and it falls totally on Dak the QB then one questions your true loyalties for the STAR.
Enough here who knows you might have a Field Goal fetish or a 3 and out love of the game?
GL

Lol. Yeah this kind of ignorant drivel is why I stopped responding to you for a long time. I’m gonna go back to that.

Good luck fighting the good fight against Dak for the next 4-5 years though Pap.

Polkton31

Reaction score
GL
Cowboys were 6th in scoring offense last year. When that happens and your team goes 8-8... It usually means one of two things. 1) Your team got out coached / out schemed in a bunch of games 2) Your defense and special teams didn't hold up their end of the deal. In the case of the Cowboys, it was both.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol. Yeah this kind of ignorant drivel is why I stopped responding to you for a long time. I’m gonna go back to that.

Good luck fighting the good fight against Dak for the next 4-5 years though Pap.

Dream on man dream on...and keep waiting for that coveted contract like the train that never arrives at the station!!!

Mr_437

Reaction score
So if 5 games is good enough. Why not use his career. Which was near 50 percent win percentage against top defences until this past year
This is about last year, and it's a what have you done for me lately business. However, I'm sure Dak's number are better over the long haul cause he's been decent.