Dak vs. Wentz

Lutonio

Reaction score
DDEC7F13-C673-4E2F-A0DE-7F99C9CC0905.thumb.jpeg.8e07b7f9dc498d9f5145e0c11e29f206.jpeg

The moment we lost the game. With only 3 other starters we still had a shot with Wentz out there.

In the level headed fan world, what are you hearing from your fellow fans on their opinion of the dirtiness of the hit?

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I know earlier in the season a lot of people were talking trash about Wentz and about how bad he looked. I include myself in that category because early in the season he did look bad. But look at him now. He threw for 4000 yards but not a single receiver on the Eagles team had more than 500. That is a pretty amazing stat. In his last few games Wentz was making his no name receivers look pretty good. The Eagles were running practice squad guys out there at RB, WR, and TE and Wentz was putting up a lot of yards and points.

Give credit where credit it due. The Eagles seem to come through when the chips are down while the Cowboys fold. Wentz is one of those guys who proved he can put a team on his shoulders and win games. That's what we need out of Dak instead of that miserable performance against the Eagles.
Wentz should be worried about back up QBs on his own team do better than him in big games.

Nav22

Reaction score
DDEC7F13-C673-4E2F-A0DE-7F99C9CC0905.thumb.jpeg.8e07b7f9dc498d9f5145e0c11e29f206.jpeg

The moment we lost the game. With only 3 other starters we still had a shot with Wentz out there.
Wentz did the smart thing for his long-term health by not returning to the game. Head injuries are nothing to mess with.

But make no mistake. Tougher QBs would’ve told the medical staff, “I’M GOOD” and returned to the game.

Wentz isn’t cut from that cloth.

It would’ve taken an army to remove Dak Prescott from a PLAYOFF GAME due to a concussion.

Dak was concussed last year at Washington and that didn’t stop him from getting back onto the field.

https://www.newsweek.com/dallas-cow...r-fire-after-dak-prescott-appears-use-1182317

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I know earlier in the season a lot of people were talking trash about Wentz and about how bad he looked. I include myself in that category because early in the season he did look bad. But look at him now. He threw for 4000 yards but not a single receiver on the Eagles team had more than 500. That is a pretty amazing stat. In his last few games Wentz was making his no name receivers look pretty good. The Eagles were running practice squad guys out there at RB, WR, and TE and Wentz was putting up a lot of yards and points.

Give credit where credit it due. The Eagles seem to come through when the chips are down while the Cowboys fold. Wentz is one of those guys who proved he can put a team on his shoulders and win games. That's what we need out of Dak instead of that miserable performance against the Eagles.

Wentz has not proven he can do anything in this league. Wow, he won games against garbage teams in the last 4 games. Kudos to him. Dak did the same exact thing against the East teams aside from Philly once.

I swear, this dude gets more excuses and gets propped up more than any player I have seen. You guys latch on and are desperate for this clown to be good. 4 years into his career and he has accomplished zero. Oh hey, he won the worst division in football. Yay Wentz! Good job buddy.

Dallas was 3-5 last year and went on a tear to win the division and get to the divisional round. Oh yeah, with Dak beating Wentz both times to get there. Isn't that putting the team on your back and winning? You people act like Dak has never won any games in his career. He craps all over Wentz in that regard. You point to one single loss this year with a god awful gameplan to pass 44 times vs 15 rushes and now think Wentz is somehow better. He's not.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
If you are going to quote stats get them right. Quoting one seasons stats when the Eagles lost every starting WR is disingenuous.

Career YPA- Dak 7.6. Wentz. 6.9.

Look at Dak in ‘17 when he had bad WRs his YPA was well below Wentz.

Hmmm it all evens out right? Both players have played in the league 4 years. Both had MVP caliber seasons. And dak still has a better career. And it isn't even close. When is Wentz going to actually win anything of significance. Nothing but excuses for this dude time after time.

black label

Reaction score
Funny how the fake tough guy CZ poster is in full support of the fragile Eagles QB who can’t finish a season.
:lmao2:

You’re cut from the same cloth. Soft.
Is your stay puff jelly Dak pony in your bed?

doomsday9084

Reaction score
The Jets finished 7-9 this year. They played in a tough division though and had to play Buffalo and NE 4 times. They beat Dallas. Were the Jets better than Dallas?

Answer: Who the hell cares?

Wentz isn't an elite QB. I get it. He is in the same division and from the same draft class as Dak but the fact that the two of them are comparable isn't particularly a good thing. Even if you have Dak as better . . . who the hell cares?

Compare Dak to Rodgers or Mahomes or Jackson or Brees or Wilson, etc. Hell, should probably add people like Watson, Garroppolo too. You won't like the comparison.

Side note: QBR has to be the dumbest stat in the universe. Watson was 20/25 for 247 yards with 1 TD and 0 Int in his win. He also rushed for a TD and got 55 yards on 14 carries. His QBR was below 50 (which means the stat said that he was a below average QB for the game).

C42

Reaction score
In the level headed fan world, what are you hearing from your fellow fans on their opinion of the dirtiness of the hit?
They are real mad that there was no consequence. If it was one of the NFL's posterboys (Brady, Rodgers, Brees) a lot believe a glaf would have been thrown. Some call for a suspension for Clowney. I expect a fine but won't be surprised if nothing happens.

I don't believe it was intentional, just boneheaded by Clowney. This isn't the first time Clowney has done this to us. IIRC he had a questionable hit in the first game. Also he had that insane facemask on Foles last year that also was a no call. Here it is below:

C42

Reaction score
Wentz did the smart thing for his long-term health by not returning to the game. Head injuries are nothing to mess with.

But make no mistake. Tougher QBs would’ve told the medical staff, “I’M GOOD” and returned to the game.

It would’ve taken an army to remove Dak Prescott from a PLAYOFF GAME due to a concussion.

Dak was concussed last year at Washington and that didn’t stop him from getting back onto the field.

https://www.newsweek.com/dallas-cow...r-fire-after-dak-prescott-appears-use-1182317

I won't question his toughness, he stayed in and threw a TD pass on a torn ACL. I agree for his long-term health it was the right decision. I wouldn't want anybody going back out there after being concussed regardless of how big a fan I am. It's not worth it.

To add on to that, the guy wanted to be out there badly. It's his first playoff game, time to shut the haters up. Just bad luck, it wasn't his fault he was hurt. After the game, he went up to every single player's locker too thank them and apologize. The guy feels bad for not being able to be out there. Bad luck.

Last edited:

Playmaker247

Reaction score
The Jets finished 7-9 this year. They played in a tough division though and had to play Buffalo and NE 4 times. They beat Dallas. Were the Jets better than Dallas?

Answer: Who the hell cares?

Wentz isn't an elite QB. I get it. He is in the same division and from the same draft class as Dak but the fact that the two of them are comparable isn't particularly a good thing. Even if you have Dak as better . . . who the hell cares?

Compare Dak to Rodgers or Mahomes or Jackson or Brees or Wilson, etc. Hell, should probably add people like Watson, Garroppolo too. You won't like the comparison.

Side note: QBR has to be the dumbest stat in the universe. Watson was 20/25 for 247 yards with 1 TD and 0 Int in his win. He also rushed for a TD and got 55 yards on 14 carries. His QBR was below 50 (which means the stat said that he was a below average QB for the game).
To be fair if you actually watched the game Watson was pretty awful for the 2 1/2 quarters. He missed a lot of throws and took a lot of unnecessary sacks.

Nav22

Reaction score
Nice try still doesn't take the fact away that the last time these two played head to head Wentz face planted Dak. It's public record, it was a must win game.
Dak was hurt that day and played through it. No excuses. Wentz won, so you’re right.

Today was a must-win game too. Wentz lasted 8 plays. He has 3 career pass yards in the playoffs now to go along with an 0-1 record. YIPPEE!!!!

Aikman, Romo and Dak would’ve played through the concussion and dealt with the consequences later.

Nav22

Reaction score
I won't question his toughness, he stayed in and threw a TD pass on a torn ACL. I agree for his long-term health it was the right decision. I wouldn't want anybody going back out there after being concussed regardless of how big a fan I am. It's not worth it.

To add on to that, the guy wanted to be out there badly. It's his first playoff game, time to shut the haters up. Just bad luck, it wasn't his fault he was hurt. After the game, he went up to every single player's locker too thank them and apologize. The guy feels bad for not being able to be out there. Bad luck.
I’m repeating myself here, but tougher QBs find a way to stay on the field.

Even if it goes against a doctor’s wishes. Even if it goes against common sense for their long-term health.

Jason Witten broke his jaw as a rookie and missed 1 game, earning Bill Parcells’ respect. He was drinking his food through a straw and couldn’t talk. Years later, he suffered a lacerated spleen in preseason and was still ready for Week 1.

As for Wentz... take last year, for example. I don’t believe for a second that Wentz’s “back injury” was severe enough that he couldn’t possibly have played through it.

https://www.espn.com/blog/philadelp...-need-to-know-about-carson-wentzs-back-injury

Pederson went from saying Wentz was “feeling as healthy as he’s ever been” at the start of the week to revealing Wentz’s back problem Wednesday.

——————————

Now compare that to Tony Romo playing all season through broken ribs and a punctured lung.

Compare that to Aikman and Dak using smelling salts to play through concussions.

Those are rare examples of QB toughness. Most guys, including Wentz, aren’t cut from that cloth. No shame in that.