Dak vs. Wentz

Nav22

Reaction score
Just saw on ESPN, Carson’s concussion was so bad he couldn’t remember anything and he was literally swaying in the medical tent. But yea, some smelling salt coulda fixed that, right @Nav22 :rolleyes:
I think it’s adorable that the Eagles leaked that, and even more adorable that you believe them.

From reports I saw, Wentz was totally fine after the game. A concussion as devastating as the one you’re describing would NOT be cleared up just a few hours later. Those sound like some “overnight stay at the hospital for further testing” type of symptoms.

It’s just like last year, when Wentz’s “back injury” was SO severe that they had to shut him down for the season!

Just 1 problem: literally a few days earlier, Pederson stated publicly that Wentz’s back felt better than it had all year!

Oops!!!!!
:laugh:

C42

Reaction score
I think it’s adorable that the Eagles leaked that, and even more adorable that you believe them.

From reports I saw, Wentz was totally fine after the game. A concussion as devastating as the one you’re describing would NOT be cleared up just a few hours later. Those sound like some “overnight stay at the hospital for further testing” type of symptoms.

It’s just like last year, when Wentz’s “back injury” was SO severe that they had to shut him down for the season!

Just 1 problem: literally a few days earlier, Pederson stated publicly that Wentz’s back felt better than it had all year!

Oops!!!!!
Stephen A Smith got that info in the second quarter of the game last night. But sure, the Eagles leaked it lol. Keep trying...

Nav22

Reaction score
Stephen A Smith got that info in the second quarter of the game last night. But sure, the Eagles leaked it lol. Keep trying...
So who leaked it to him??????

C42

Reaction score
So who leaked it to him??????
He texted a source on the Philly staff got a reply in the second quarter.

In before “hahaha they leaked that on purpose to make him look better. They planned it all out mid game in the minutes between his injury and second quarter” :rolleyes:

Nav22

Reaction score
He texted a source on the Philly staff got a reply in the second quarter.

In before “hahaha they leaked that on purpose to make him look better. They planned it all out mid game in the minutes between his injury and second quarter” :rolleyes:
Then what the hell was your point?

They DID leak it, just like i said they did.
:lmao2:

Now ask yourself... why would an Eagles staffer feel compelled to leak to Stephen A. such scary, personal details about Wentz’s injury?

Have they EVER leaked such details about anyone’s injury to him, or any other reporter, before? MID-GAME too?????

The answer’s right there for you if you feel like knowing it.

cowfan

Reaction score
I guess Carson Wentz throws and then runs to catch his own passes. He had one tight end with 900 yards and another with 600 years, along with a running back with more than 500 yards in receiving. Maybe no receiver got 500 yards because Wentz favorite targets are his tight ends.

C42

Reaction score
Then what the hell was your point?

They DID leak it, just like i said they did.

Now ask yourself... why would an Eagles staffer feel compelled to leak to Stephen A. such scary, personal details about Wentz’s injury?

Have they EVER leaked such details about anyone’s injury to him, or any other reporter, before? MID-GAME too?????

The answer’s right there for you if you feel like knowing it.
Because Stephen A asked about Wentz? Lol you really are delusional.

Nav22

Reaction score
Because Stephen A asked about Wentz? Lol you really are delusional.
LOLLL and you think it’s standard protocol for team personnel to reveal scary details of a head injury to reporters mid-game? Just because a reporter asked???

Whatever helps you sleep at night!

Your QB’s soft and your team had to pretend he’s more injured than he really is.

Just like last year.

Wapp5200

Reaction score
I don’t get why this always comes up. I couldn’t care less how they compare, I just care about how Dak is doing. It’s not like anyone here personally selected each QB, who cares about Wentz?

Not trying to be rude, I understand he’s an NFCE rival but I don’t get the fascination with the constant comparison.
Agree with you. Bottom line is how far you can take us into the playoffs. Stats are great but tge Superbowl is the goal!

C42

Reaction score
LOLLL and you think it’s standard protocol for team personnel to reveal scary details of a head injury to reporters mid-game? Just because a reporter asked???

Whatever helps you sleep at night!

Your QB’s soft and your team had to pretend he’s more injured than he really is.

Just like last year.
You're calling a guy who played on a torn ACL soft. :rolleyes:

Also making claims without any evidence lmao.

Delusional or clueless, which one are you?

Nav22

Reaction score

LOL “played on a torn ACL”, for what, 3 plays?

That’s called adrenaline. Who cares? You’re the delusional one.

Hmm, I noticed you had nothing to say about my point regarding last season, when Pederson said Wentz’s back was feeling better than it had all year.... just DAYS before Wentz was shut down for the season.

Smart move on your part. Wentz wussed out and then his backup got you into the playoffs.

Your guy’s soft. QBs play through concussions all the time (not that they should). Dak and Aikman used smelling salts to stay in games.

You’re the one making ridiculous claims with zero evidence.

I’m supposed to believe that a guy who was TOTALLY FINE after the game couldn’t remember where he was just 2 hours earlier? All because an Eagles staffer strategically leaked that to Stephen A. Smith???

That’s believable in your world???

Last edited:
Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score

Youre swimming against the current. Everyone knows Wentz is SAWFT like cotton. Funny how eagles fans used to call Romo fragile and Wentz been hurt from the beginning.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
In the level headed fan world, what are you hearing from your fellow fans on their opinion of the dirtiness of the hit?

Clowney was taking a kill shot. He was willing to take a penalty to deliver a hit. When he got up he actually looked for the flag. Not uncommon for players to take a shot early in a game to set the tone. He could’ve easily pulled off as Wentz was going down, he dropped his head. Should’ve been a penalty but it is what it is.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
I’m repeating myself here, but tougher QBs find a way to stay on the field.

Even if it goes against a doctor’s wishes. Even if it goes against common sense for their long-term health.

Jason Witten broke his jaw as a rookie and missed 1 game, earning Bill Parcells’ respect. He was drinking his food through a straw and couldn’t talk. Years later, he suffered a lacerated spleen in preseason and was still ready for Week 1.

As for Wentz... take last year, for example. I don’t believe for a second that Wentz’s “back injury” was severe enough that he couldn’t possibly have played through it.

https://www.espn.com/blog/philadelp...-need-to-know-about-carson-wentzs-back-injury

Pederson went from saying Wentz was “feeling as healthy as he’s ever been” at the start of the week to revealing Wentz’s back problem Wednesday.

——————————

Now compare that to Tony Romo playing all season through broken ribs and a punctured lung.

Compare that to Aikman and Dak using smelling salts to play through concussions.

Those are rare examples of QB toughness. Most guys, including Wentz, aren’t cut from that cloth. No shame in that.

Wentz played with the back injury for several weeks. They shut him down after it appeared they were out of playoff contention. FYI this is the same back injury that shut Romo down.

He played his rookie year with broken ribs.

Advocating smelling salts as a way to play with a concussion is moronic. We know better these days.

Wentz is injury prone but to call him soft is moronic and only people who have never played the game at any level make those claims. You don’t get to the NFL being soft.

Nav22

Reaction score
Wentz played with the back injury for several weeks. They shut him down after it appeared they were out of playoff contention. FYI this is the same back injury that shut Romo down.

Advocating smelling salts as a way to play with a concussion is moronic. We know better these days.

Wentz is injury prone but to call him soft is moronic and only people who have never played the game at any level make those claims. You don’t get to the NFL being soft.
1) Philly was 6-7 at the time and NOT out of playoff contention. Nick Foles stepped right in and won the final 3 games to get into the playoffs.

The team showed signs of life that they hadn’t shown all year under Carson Wentz, and even won a playoff game.

Nice attempt at re-writing history.

2) Wentz did NOT play with broken ribs. He suffered a hairline fracture in his ribs in his very 1st preseason game (August 11th) and didn’t play again until Week 1 (September 11th).

So he had an entire MONTH for his hairline fracture to heal.

Again, nice attempt at re-writing history.

And you’re trying to compare his toughness to Tony Romo’s, a guy who didn’t miss a single game after suffering broken ribs and a punctured lung during the regular season????

3) There’s varying degrees of softness. He’s tougher physically than I could ever hope to be, but I’m not an NFL player.

But no, he isn’t cut from the same cloth as real tough guy QBs.

This is NOT smart and I don’t encourage it, but a concussion never stopped guys like Favre, Aikman or Dak from playing. They’re going to find a way to stay on the field, because it means THAT much to them.

Wentz isn’t cut from that cloth. There’s no shame in that, but you as a fan should at least own it.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Give credit where credit it due. The Eagles seem to come through when the chips are down while the Cowboys fold. Wentz is one of those guys who proved he can put a team on his shoulders and win games. That's what we need out of Dak instead of that miserable performance against the Eagles.

Wait, what? You're just making stuff up now.

How about you mosey on over to here: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/comebacks_career.htm

Comeback wins By Quarterback - All Time
Dak Prescott - 8
Carson Wentz - 6

I'm not a Prescott fan - I've advocating for us to draft a quarterback and keep Dak one more year under a franchise tag. But come on, man...

Aside from that, the Wentz vs Prescott argument, you can't even make it because Wentz can't stay healthy enough. Prescott has played 4 full seasons of football now, Wentz has been injured in every single one, often at critical times.

Is Wentz injury prone? Does he just have bad luck? Does it even matter? If your quarterback is never healthy, it's hard to compare him to anyone.

C42

Reaction score

He’s a troll, doesn’t deserve any thought or attention.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Dallas won’t get over the hump until they find a go-to TE or huge WR who can move the chains regularly like Irvin, Keyshaun, Novachek, or young Witten. Every QB needs the reliable possession receiver in addition to his big play guys.