News: Dak Wants Cowboys To Pay Him ‘Right Behind Mahomes’ - And Pay Him ‘Respect’

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another one pushing SPECULATED numbers like they are actually real. Sportswriters have written articles and tweeted this 40 mil a year going all the way back to when the franchise tag was offer prior to the 2020 season. There was never anything quoted by anyone that stated that. All we do know is that France never negotiated at any time and just kept demanding the same thing. We also know that on the final hour or so on July 15th Prescott was negotiating for himself and they agreed on 35 mil a year but didn't get the length and guaranteed amount worked out before the deadline came, but still people say that Prescott is demanding 40 mil.
You appear to be one of the few that actually clicked on the link and read the article. You would think fans would have learned by now to read the article instead of just going by a headline designed to grab attention. As you pointed out, there is nothing in the article that indicates Dak, his agent or the team said Dak's asking price is what headline says it is. The article quotes Jane Slater, and doesn't even indicate that Jane Slater got it directly from anyone in the know.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Mahomes 2 super bowl appearances
Dak not even close

Don't tell me it takes a team when literally every Dak thread below mentions Daks Wins/Losses and stats to justify a new contract

Playmaker247

Reaction score
If you haven't noticed.. There is a lot of Dak > Cowboys fans on this board.

If you know what a salary cap is and you're cheering for Dak to get paid then you are the worst fan that there is IMO.
I want Dak to get paid (by us) for the betterment of the team. Idc about Dak personally I’m a cowboys fan first. I know exactly what the salary cap is and it’s only getting bigger. People keep complaining as if the last 5 years haven’t shown prices are rising. 2-3 years from 42 million will look like a steal. It’s just how it works it’s not a big deal. He’s the QB and if you don’t have one you’re screwed so as a cowboys fan id like to sign our top 5-7 QB. Really not hard to understand

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
if the cowboys have to franchise dak they will have no money under the cap for any thing else
They franchised him last year and still had money for McCoy, Poe, Aldon Smith, Griffin ...

Of course, the tag will be about 6 million more this year, but Tyrone Crawford's contract expired, and that alone makes up that much. And there may be other maneuvers the team can make to free up cap space. Then, there is a draft coming up as well.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I want Dak to get paid (by us) for the betterment of the team. Idc about Dak personally I’m a cowboys fan first. I know exactly what the salary cap is and it’s only getting bigger. People keep complaining as if the last 5 years haven’t shown prices are rising. 2-3 years from 42 million will look like a steal. It’s just how it works it’s not a big deal. He’s the QB and if you don’t have one you’re screwed so as a cowboys fan id like to sign our top 5-7 QB. Really not hard to understand

Like I just said earlier, it's about context, $39.5M puts him right behind Mahomes

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Good thing you’re not the GM. You’re as clueless as a rock.

Continuing to name call I see. Oh, and also Jane Slater is confirming that Dak and his agent want to be paid right behind Mahomes which she says is market value......then again she is a pro Dallas paid news hound so there's that.

JJ will cave as that is what he does and Dallas will continue to be a joke all while Dak laughs to the bank as he is only concerned about filling his bank account not trophy case.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Example: Jason Garrett who got a degree from Princeton.
his dad was HC there and thats why he got in princeton.
They all get helped thru college, but I dont think that applies to dak getting a masters degree.

And this whole situation is something dak totally understands, he isnt the typical athlete.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm amazed Dak is foolishly being lead by the nose by someone as absurdly overzealous as Todd France!

I'd have sworn that he would've had more sense. It appears he's not really inclined to think for himself. :confused:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm amazed Dak is foolishly being lead by his nose by someone as absurdly overzealous as Todd France!

I'd have sworn that he might've had more sense. It appears he's not really inclined to think for himself. :confused:
Dak isn't even on the same planet as Mahomes, it's time to move on.
Read the article instead of the headline. There is no foundation in the article for what the headline claims. It's just Jane Slater stating an opinion but presenting it in a way that make it appear as fact.

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Ah yes.. It’s no big deal is it? These giant QB contracts haven’t stopped teams from winning anything. The caps been going up this whole time and there have been no troubles for teams to surround guys with all the talent they needed.

Pay Dak.. It doesn’t matter. The cap is going up.. Look at all the proof by other teams that shows it’s possible to pay a non elite QB whatever they want and still win championships because the cap is rising.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Read the article instead of the headline. There is no foundation in the article for what the headline claims. It's just Jane Slater stating an opinion but presenting it in a way that make it appear as fact.

I read the entire article and listened to Jan Slater's commentary. She's supposed to have the inside scoop and pretty much didn't say anything, really, to disclaim what Dak and his agent are demanding. I'm awaiting more definite things to digest, as this thing progresses. Just shocked that Todd France is overstepping rational bounds to make such demands. More info will be forthcoming. It's just absurd on the surface, though. It's going to be more defined with the passage of time and more info, I'm sure. ;)

Last edited: