News: Dak Wants Cowboys To Pay Him ‘Right Behind Mahomes’ - And Pay Him ‘Respect’

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It really is about egos: Here's $175 million for 5 years. Nope, I want $160 million for 4 years. Either way, it's generational money.

As for the salary cap, the owners wanted it - not the players. It's up to management to find a way to work with it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I keep trying to renegotiate my salary by pointing to Mahomes contract. My boss isn’t biting. Any tips?
tenor.gif
^next stop soon after you again, ask for Mahomes money.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep, I agree with Skip here. Too much $$ for not a top-5 QB in Dak Prescott
It's amazing how Jerry put himself in this position as the fate of the no 1 sports franchise in the world hangs in the balance for a most average QB.
Good Job Jerry and God Speed as I feel we will all need faith to overcome Prescott 666.....

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Quitters quit. Easily.

Dak is the one who is quitting on the Cowboys, not me. I want the Cowboys to survive and win. But if Dak and that idiot agent of his are truly demanding the unrealistic numbers being portrayed, then the Cowboys need to tell him to buzz off.
Like I said before I've always liked Dak, but I like the Cowboys more than one overly greedy QB.
Dak is the quitter.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Dak is the one who is quitting on the Cowboys, not me. I want the Cowboys to survive and win. But if Dak and that idiot agent of his are truly demanding the unrealistic numbers being portrayed, then the Cowboys need to tell him to buzz off.
Like I said before I've always liked Dak, but I like the Cowboys more than one overly greedy QB.
Dak is the quitter.
I don’t quit. Ever. How is Dak quitting? Can’t wait to hear this.

Skillit

Reaction score
At this point—tag and trade him.

unless you give him more than the absurd money he is already along for- that relationship will be solely financial.
For a team as poorly managed as this one, your franchise qb has to be all in.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I don’t quit. Ever. How is Dak quitting? Can’t wait to hear this.
If Dak refuses to sign for less than a stupid, ridiculous price, then Dak is quitting the Cowboys.
If Dak wants to be a Cowboy, all he has to do is sign a "fair" contract. Otherwise, start walking.

kumizi

Reaction score
its boils down to his naivety of the situation. Greed has gotten in the way of logic. Mostly by the agent. Dak painted himself into a corner.
It's the Cowboys that have painted themselves into a corner. They either have to bow down to Todd France or be without a QB. Dak's side has all the leverage.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
If Dak refuses to sign for less than a stupid, ridiculous price, then Dak is quitting the Cowboys.
If Dak wants to be a Cowboy, all he has to do is sign a "fair" contract. Otherwise, start walking.
What is a “Stupid ridiculous price?”

BigD_95

Reaction score
It's the Cowboys that have painted themselves into a corner. They either have to bow down to Todd France or be without a QB. Dak's side has all the leverage.

why do they have to do that? There are other options. Dak is not bigger than the Cowboys

Buzzbait

Reaction score
What is a “Stupid ridiculous price?”

If he's demanding #2 money right behind Mahomes to the tune of 40-44 mil a year that's stupid ridiculous. Dak is a good QB, but he's not the 2nd best QB in the league, and he's not worth Mahomes money. Ha, Mahomes isn't even worth Mahomes money, but at least Mahomes has a couple of Super Bowls on his resume. All Dak has is Todd France.
The Cowboys need enough cap space after paying their QB to rebuild their defense and maintain their Oline unless Dak is going to play defense as well as QB.

Last edited:

lockster

Reaction score
Mahomes long-term deal averages $45 million per year. So the $40-$44 mil the Prescott camp wants doesn't surprise me, and shouldn't surprise many.
And that's why Russell is being traded. Seahawks want yobwin

lockster

Reaction score
one thing Dak might be finding out about Jerry and family..they hold grudges and hold onto spite for a very long time. Dak may already have 1 foot out the door. ALL sides better cool off and get this done within reason.

I think most rich ppl. Do. They get use to being treated like God's. I use to live with some friends of mine who were billionaires in the summertime between college semesters, and I don't think they intentionally think I'm above others, but eventually, that's how they think and act. They expect you to act like ?? The driver in the movie.. driving miss Daisy. But way less mouth and opinions. Lol