Dak wants to be a Cowboy forever

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Really? I don't remember him playing that much since he was always injured. The times he did play, his covered receiver was many times making catches on him even though he would have tight coverage but would fail to turn his head around and look for the ball as it was arriving.

Well, it's not like he had much competition when he was here.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak is a perfect fit for a Mediocre franchise this era.

And his popularity is an awesome fit for Jerry. Sign him up for life. Much like with Romo. Another huge fan favorite. Lol

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
We so how long Jerry held onto Dez despite the lack of production. He may just get his wish.

visionary

Reaction score
From ESPN, these are not the comments of a guy who is playing hardball in negotiations:

"I mean, I want to be a Cowboy forever," Prescott said Wednesday night at Dr Pepper Ballpark, where he and his teammates were raising money for the Salvation Army through the Reliant Home Run Derby. "I think the people that are doing the deal feel the same way, so to me, it's no rush. I know it will get done."

"It's all generational money, life-changing money, so it's just a blessing to be able to be in this position," Prescott said. "But as far as the numbers are concerned, my focus is on the locker room, and that will all take care of itself."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26757835/want-cowboy-forever

Be paid top dollar by an organization that has a tradition of being satisfied with 'relevance ' and mediocrity

Why the heck not?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Throw out a couple of cliches like Process and Stacking and wear a t shirt with Finish on it and this organization and its fan base are good to go
I like the T-shirt’s “ Fight”.

That’s what I’ve been doing for this franchise since Jimmy left.

conner01

Reaction score
I want to be a cowboy for life too. Given a fair chance I think I could beat out Rowdy for a spot

jrumann59

Reaction score
I guess he should have said, "I will sign the contract unless New England gets involved, I always wanted to be Patriot."

Diehardblues

Reaction score
8-8 is mediocre by definition. Stop making up your own.
Not 13-3, 9-7, or 10-6.
This era includes more than last 3 years.

And I see Dak as the guy without Elliott and or Cooper.

And 9-7 and 10-6 is pretty close to average. 13-3 more of a fluke.

sean10mm

Reaction score
If Dak wins 1 title in a 10 year career, is he a success?

Kinda wondering where we're even drawing the "bust" line here sometimes.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If Dak wins 1 title in a 10 year career, is he a success?

Kinda wondering where we're even drawing the "bust" line here sometimes.
Considering we haven’t had one in 24 years now. Probably so.

And Dak is by no means a Bust. Quite a hit for a 4th rounder. But paying him like an Elite Franchise QB is quite another issue.

Kaiser

Reaction score
SEE Tom Brady, hes aging and was going to be replaced , decided to make it tough only taking 19mil and no demands or ego.. SBs galore..dont want to hear what his wife makes thats NOT the point, 19mil single or married sets you up FOR LIFE...

Tom Brady didn't take a penny under the market rate until his THIRD big contract. He signed at a salary below market rate after banking two big contracts, endorsement deals that were worth more than that, and marrying someone worth 400 MIllion. His family probably had 700 million in the bank when he signed his current contract, Dak has made 2.7 Million in his career so far.

Being set for life isn't the point, if Prescott takes a horrible contract he is still set for life. That's why he was quoted saying exactly that in the OP article.

The point is that Dak is saying the right things. They may well have been written for him by a PR Agency but he isn't playing hardball like some knuckleheads do in the same situation.