Dak was great tonight

shabazz

Reaction score
As staunch Dakota critic I am not blaming him for this loss. He started slow but elevated against a team not ranked among the bottom feeders so well done. However, its also clear that the defense did a pretty good job allowing Cousins only 220 yards. Our rushing game clearly underachieved.

Brax

Reaction score
It was set up perfectly too. Then Princeton and boy wonder **** themselves.
Funny I remember so many games that they didn't run on short yards and the coaches were bad, now they run and the coaches are bad. You can't have it both ways. Poor pass by Dak on 4th sealed the loss simple as that.

sean10mm

Reaction score
You are supposed to call plays based on what was working IN THAT GAME.

Dak was great and Zeke was sucking IN THAT GAME.

In that situation you don't win by giving Zeke more handoffs. But Garrett is infamous for outsmarting himself by abandoning what is working in critical situations.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
dak played well and did not cost us the game. Bad LB play probably did. Maybe a kill, kill, kill on those stupid plays at the end of the game might have been a good idea.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok its not perfect world and that includes the NFL.
Franchise QB get paid 30 + millions as they can overcome there team shortcoming when it requires them to do so hence there expensive price tag and rarity of the breed.
24 pts is not a score that guarantees a victory and ya Zeke was off coaching was off defense was toe to toe with the Vikes pretty much the only game could have gone either way. Dak held his own finally matched up and went toe to toe in a shootout game not cleaning up in garbage time .....another Loss to a team with a winning record.

Saying Dak was good to great yesterday tells me nothing as another L is up in the standings!

CWR

Reaction score
Funny I remember so many games that they didn't run on short yards and the coaches were bad, now they run and the coaches are bad. You can't have it both ways. Poor pass by Dak on 4th sealed the loss simple as that.

Youre right, its fairly hypocritical. I think the difference is how we were running at the time. We had zero run game.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Dak was very good last night. Not perfect, but nobody is. The Vikes were hell bent on stopping Zeke and daring Dak to take advantage of it. And for the most part, he pretty much did. I can't really ask for more than that.

Definitely a step in the right direction.

Cmac

Reaction score
He sure was. I haven't always been a Dak believer but he was absolutely fantastic.
Refute any of the evidence in my post

You talk a big game but dont back it up. Pause.

Was he not the QB on the field when we quickly got down 14-0?

Was he not the QB that forced that pass to Zeke with the game on the line?

Was he not the QB that REFUSED to keep the ball on the read option?

Dont be a coward and run either
QBR King!!!....lots of meat left on the bone. Cowboys 5-4, but Dak 8-1?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Gil Brandt told me at a luncheon that Prescott is better all around than romo or aikman ever were, variables just different around them all.

pound for pound he’s better he said.

chew on that for a minute and let it sink in

Then he’s a freakin’ moron

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Wasting the Great years of the O-Line, Sean Lee, Zeke & now the Defensive players.

It’s hard to keep the Core of a team together especially after you pay the QB. Look at the Seahawks and their legion of Boom after Wilson got paid.

Zeke’s good years may already be behind him.
*I attempted in espousing that very opined insight thru-out the entirety of his training camp hold out/ strong arm tactic he'd employed during his contract re-negotiations to any&all, my friend o_O

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
No, they were just trying to eat up the clock, because they had no confidence in the defense's ability to hold their ground had they left more than a minute on the clock. But they outsmarted themselves... again.
Perhaps,yet I never entertained that conceptual possibility for a single second, personally.

CWR

Reaction score
Franchise QB get paid 30 + millions as they can overcome there team shortcoming when it requires them to do so hence there expensive price tag and rarity of the breed.
24 pts is not a score that guarantees a victory and ya Zeke was off coaching was off defense was toe to toe with the Vikes pretty much the only game could have gone either way. Dak held his own finally matched up and went toe to toe in a shootout game not cleaning up in garbage time .....another Loss to a team with a winning record.

Saying Dak was good to great yesterday tells me nothing as another L is up in the standings!

No doubt a loss is a loss. That doesn't mean you wouldn't have led the charge against Dak if he had a bad game. He played great and carried the team. Good to see you coming around on him, finally.

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
Pretty clear, Dak is part of the reason we continue to get into a hole against good teams. He is part of the problem with audibles. Then using short term memory directly after a loss to talk about a player that was part of the loss and praising him is dumb.

And we were incredibly lucky to not be down 21-0 since Dak nearly gifted a defender with a TD. To say he was “great” tonight because of a raw stat line despite him being sloppy at the beginning and end of the game is just dumb. It’s, yet again, our fan base praising and propping up rather than rightfully expecting more if we want a championship.

Super Bowl winning QBs win these games.
You really have to be a special kind of person to go at a guy who ended up with almost 400 yards and 3 tds after a loss. Yes, there are always meaningless stats but none of his stats were in this game and still he is "part of the reason"? I will let you go ahead and do that man but I find that those who still try and levy complaints in this situation are probably the same who would complain about the same person even if we won.

Swagger

Reaction score

I agree.

It's one of those isn't it where on third and fourth down close to the goal line, Prescott had to get it done regardless of coaching. Why didn't he change the play at the line of scrimmage on third down and why did he miss the regulation read to Cobb on fourth down? He isn't a rookie anymore but a fourth year QB. If he executes there then we win the game.

Incredibly harsh because after a sloppy first quarter including avoiding a pick 6, he played lights out in the second and third quarter and on the face of it, he had a very strong game.

Prescott played well enough for us to win and if he plays like that then we win most games but yes if you are paying a Franchise QB circa $35 million a year then they need to get it done in these type of shoot outs.