Dak was great tonight

imjunsul

Reaction score
I still don't think Dak is the answer at QB for us but i will say this is the best game i have seen him play in a Cowboy uniform. He played well tonight
Agreed. Even though Dak is average at best I don't think we can find anyone better for a long time anyways unless we get lucky in the draft. Mind as well start believing in him he can only get smarter.. which seems to be his biggest problem.

Zman5

Reaction score
Oh yea and Cobb was open on the forced throw to Zeke that had no chance

This eerily feels like a game from the Romo-era. QB playing well all night and then makes bonehead decisions in crunch time :facepalm:

And what’s the common denominator? JG and JJ

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'd venture to say that Dak definitely did what was needed to win the game.

It's a shame the coaching and play calls didn't live up to that standard, too!

Zman5

Reaction score
First offensive series, we drive down to the Vikings side but drive stalls at Vikings 39 and our great HC tries to kick a 57 yard FG. Our brain dead HC gives the Vikes a short field and they score a TD. 7-0

Second offensive series , we drive down to the Vikes 48 and Witten drops a pass that hits him on the numbers and we punt to Vike's 10 yard line.
Our defense folds like a cheap lawn chair and give up a 90yard TD drive to the Vikes. 14 -0

Yeh it's all Dak's fault that we started out slow and were losing 14-0. I have doubts these Dak troll morons even watched the game.
Reading their dumb posts, you'd think coaching was awesome and defense was playing great but Dak was throwing multiple pick sixes.

Last edited:

Swagger

Reaction score
So we have beaten a terrible Giants team x 2, an awful Dolphins team, a washed up Washington and a banged up Eagles...

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Dak was definitely not the main problem tonight...however on that 4th down play, he shouldn't have went to Elliott
During the timeout Garrett and Moore was talking to Dak and I have no doubt they said throw it to Zeke. Dak was looking for it the entire time even with one of the better coverage LBs guarding him. Dak was reading the field all night and had her been allowed to go in another direction he had cooper wide open, moody likely doesn't get the TD but at least inside the 5.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Who is to blame for the continuous slow starts? Lack of audibles?

Also, we just took an L and the first thought you had was to make a thread excusing a player that was part of the loss.

I’m wondering why this team can’t beat winning teams under our supposed franchise QB. 24 points is not enough to win in today’s game consistently.
Haha anybody blaming Dak for this game it's a straight fool. Not only that but didn't you say against the Saints that holding a team to 12 points should win the game? Now it's 24 points isn't enough. All you do is find ways to blame Dak whether it's his fault or not

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
And what’s the common denominator? JG and JJ

This is the most upset I've been at this coaching staff in a couple of seasons which is saying at lot. It isn't going to change because Jerry doesn't want it to change. Another roster and more Cowboys QB's careers will be wasted on Garrett. Now watch some of our younger players or even Dak walk and go to another team and do better and thrive under better coaching.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
During the timeout Garrett and Moore was talking to Dak and I have no doubt they said throw it to Zeke. Dak was looking for it the entire time even with one of the better coverage LBs guarding him. Dak was reading the field all night and had her been allowed to go in another direction he had cooper wide open, moody likely doesn't get the TD but at least inside the 5.

So, we have to live in a world where a QB will always have to change plays at the line as long as Garrett is the head coach of this team? As I said you will never see Garrett praised for calling a great game or out coaching the opposing coach in a big game.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
So, we have to live in a world where a QB will always have to change plays at the line as long as Garrett is the head coach of this team? As I said you will never see Garrett praised for calling a great game or out coaching the opposing coach in a big game.
Romo always had to change the call at the line, I'm not sure Dak gets that freedom all the time. In parts of the game they give him 2 plays but I have no doubt in certain situations they only give him 1 play to run and that's what he has to run. Last year against philly even Cooper and Dak changed the routes they punished Cooper the next game against the Colts by not giving him many targets even though it gave the cowboys the win against philly. Just dumb coaches, especially Garrett

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Romo always had to change the call at the line, I'm not sure Dak gets that freedom all the time. In parts of the game they give him 2 plays but I have no doubt in certain situations they only give him 1 play to run and that's what he has to run. Last year against philly even Cooper and Dak changed the routes they punished Cooper the next game against the Colts by not giving him many targets even though it gave the cowboys the win against philly. Just dumb coaches, especially Garrett

And knowing that they got punished for changing the plays last season could be a factor in why they are hesitating about changing any plays this season. Playcalling and coaching is one of the biggest key factors in the development and success of a QB. So, even if the Cowboys got rid of Dak and yet kept Garrett and drafted another young QB. We would be asking for the pressure to be put on the young QB to change plays at the line, on top of the fact that this coaching staff would punish offensive players for changing the plays and mentioning how they had to change the play because of the play call not being the correct play call for the situation.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
And knowing that they got punished for changing the plays last season could be a factor in why they are hesitating about changing any plays this season. Playcalling and coaching is one of the biggest key factors in the development and success of a QB. So, even if the Cowboys got rid of Dak and yet kept Garrett and drafted another young QB. We would be asking for the pressure to be put on the young QB to change plays at the line, on top of the fact that this coaching staff would punish offensive players for changing the plays and mentioning how they had to change the play because of the play call not being the correct play call for the situation.
Someone brought up a point about Dak not running because he doesn't want to risk injury without a contract, I'm not sure if I agree or disagree. Dak has shown her will risk his body, even this season, so it makes be believe that it has to do with coaching telling him to play a certain way.

superonyx

Reaction score
And Elliott wasn't.

It still does not mean anything.

Still a L.
58k posts and you still don’t understand football 101.
Anyone who watched that game and takes a shot at Zeke either doesn’t understand football or is a troll. Those are the only 2 options.

Zeke goes for 140 yards last week and it’s because of the holes the OL gave him. He gets shutdown this week and it’s his fault.

Gotcha