Twitter: Dak was second most accurate (64.3%) in NFL on 3rd & 5+ in 2019

RS12

Reaction score
Of the 40 wins with Dak as a starter, could somebody post how many came against teams with an above 500 record?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
And yet so many people claim the QB needs paid because "he handles the ball the most and has the most responsibility".

Unless it's NOT convenient to the agenda at hand.

Now....I ain't saying 8-8 is all Dak. I'm just saying "the QB handles the ball the most and has the most responsibility".
Hahaha..

No soup for you today.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Good bro.

I hate googling stuff like that.

My eyes go buggy.

So..all of this means what?

We have the hottest QB in the NFL..?

He just can't beat teams with winning records?

And barely beats teams with losing records or run up scores on hapless teams like the Commanders to get his wins and inflate his stats.?

Does that register at all?

It does to me. But what would I know about Cowboy football after 50 years of following them?

Not much, huh?
It means you're just another hater ignoring the facts presented and attributing wins and losses solely on Prescott and not the team where it belongs.
Not to mention NOT comparing him to other QBs.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Zeke is the one who needs to step up. Put in the work (somehow) to get back to top 5 pick form. Another 1700+ yard, 10+ TD season with 70+ catches would go a long way towards convincing those of us who never wanted him on the team.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Zeke is the one who needs to step up. Put in the work (somehow) to get back to top 5 pick form. Another 1700+ yard, 10+ TD season with 70+ catches would go a long way towards convincing those of us who never wanted him on the team.

wasn't he second in all purpose yards last year for all running backs?

Batman1980

Reaction score
wasn't he second in all purpose yards last year for all running backs?

What were his statistics when we needed a play to extend drives? How many runs did he have over 39 yards? How many runs has he had over 39 yards since 2016? I expect more than what we get from him, especially with his volume.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Good bro.

I hate googling stuff like that.

My eyes go buggy.

So..all of this means what?

We have the hottest QB in the NFL..?

He just can't beat teams with winning records?

And barely beats teams with losing records or run up scores on hapless teams like the Commanders to get his wins and inflate his stats.?

Does that register at all?

It does to me. But what would I know about Cowboy football after 50 years of following them?

Not much, huh?
"What are Dak's stats on downs 1-2?

It would appear he is not getting downfield alot..

that possibly he is not as productive there and then it makes everything be dependent on 3rd downs.

It would also indicate that on early downs passing is reduced to short throws"

That was your quote and your question. I gave you the answer to that question. You can do what you want to with that answer. You can spin it, ignore it, say "yeah but" and mover the goal post. As far as what you know after 50 years of watching them. I would say after 50 years and saying stuff like, "it would appear hes not getting downfield a lot" and "it would also indicate that on early downs passing is reduced to short throws", you havent learned much over 50 years.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score

Zeke was fourth in rushing and second in all purpose yards. Guess you need to do some homework.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Of the 40 wins with Dak as a starter, could somebody post how many came against teams with an above 500 record?
He has a 43% record vs winning teams

Just for some comparisons, I did these for another debate on another forum

wilson is 31-26 54%
stafford is 8-59 12%
Cousins is 7-30 19%
Carr is 11-40 22%
gof is 12-14 46%
wentz is 11-18 38%
Rodgers is 36-42-1 46%
Brees is 52-68 43%
Dak is 13-17 43%

Batman1980

Reaction score
Zeke was fourth in rushing and second in all purpose yards. Guess you need to do some homework.

For what was at the time highest paid runningback ever at $108 million, I expect 2000+ yards, 20+ TDs and 100+ catches. Not to mention better than an 8-8 record and non runs longer than 38 yards.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I know.

Wanting to blame our best player for substandard play is just blind.

We have other player who want the ball.

And rather than making Zeke into another DeMarco Murray..

Zeke needs help from the coaches to conserve his career.

But will they?

Not sure.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
For what was at the time highest paid runningback ever at $108 million, I expect 2000+ yards, 20+ TDs and 100+ catches. Not to mention better than an 8-8 record and non runs longer than 38 yards.

Dude, no one cares what you want. Jerry signs the check and he seems to be happy, heck most NFL teams would take Zeke and his salary today without hesitation. Get over it or get a new team.

HungryLion

Reaction score
"What are Dak's stats on downs 1-2?

It would appear he is not getting downfield alot..

that possibly he is not as productive there and then it makes everything be dependent on 3rd downs.

It would also indicate that on early downs passing is reduced to short throws"

That was your quote and your question. I gave you the answer to that question. You can do what you want to with that answer. You can spin it, ignore it, say "yeah but" and mover the goal post. As far as what you know after 50 years of watching them. I would say after 50 years and saying stuff like, "it would appear hes not getting downfield a lot" and "it would also indicate that on early downs passing is reduced to short throws", you havent learned much over 50 years.

He was tied for 5th in yards per attempt. So I would imagine he is getting the ball down field some.....

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
I'm not going to get over it. Either his salary bothers me or it doesn't. I'm just fine being a fan of the Cowboys, don't really need your permission to be a fan.

No you don't, and you are entitled to your opinion. But when your opinion is refuted with facts.... You must be one of those alternative facts guys.

MikeB80

Reaction score
What were his statistics when we needed a play to extend drives? How many runs did he have over 39 yards? How many runs has he had over 39 yards since 2016? I expect more than what we get from him, especially with his volume.

wow that is specific. 39 yards.