Dak & Wentz are not on same level

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
You literally asked what has Wentz done to get the praise but then admit he was probably having a MVP caliber season in 2017.

You see the disconnect there right?

I didnt say he had an mvp season. I said he was playing good. That still wasnt enough to have me sold o him. There where alot of QBs playing good.

In fact I seen good but not an mvp season from Wentz. You guys are the ones who ran with that. Dont lump me in.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There’s a reason why Wentz was taken early in the 1st round and Prescott in 4th round. Talent level..

Yeah but you guys can't use the draft to determine how good or bad someone is. Let's be honest there were question on Wentz but because he looked the part everyone fell in love with him. He was somewhat mobile, had a arm, he was 6'4 and looked the part. There have been guys who have looked as good who wouldn't get TOUCHED that early in the draft if they came from the same school Wentz came from.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
LOL

COWBOYZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The hell with Wentz and TJ Watt. I'm tired of hearing about both of them. I sat here and watched this whole site(not everyone of course) get upset when we traded for Amari Cooper because it was a 1st rounder. Had the Eagirls did it you guys would be salivating at the mouth. Which of course you guys loved the Golden Tate trade just for him to leave after half a season.

Sydla

Reaction score
I didnt say he had an mvp season. I said he was playing good. That still wasnt enough to have me sold o him. There where alot of QBs playing good.

In fact I seen good but not an mvp season from Wentz. You guys are the ones who ran with that. Dont lump me in.

If you think his 2017 was just "good" then you just aren't being very rational or fair here.

But I get it. There is something dirty and it makes you feel icky to admit that a non-Cowboy in the division played really well.

Sydla

Reaction score
The hell with Wentz and TJ Watt. I'm tired of hearing about both of them. I sat here and watched this whole site(not everyone of course) get upset when we traded for Amari Cooper because it was a 1st rounder. Had the Eagirls did it you guys would be salivating at the mouth. Which of course you guys loved the Golden Tate trade just for him to leave after half a season.

It's always kind of comical that people get so emotional and outraged over what is a football discussion on a football discussion board.

And these anecdotal little pieces you offer where you talk about how you were apparently a better/smarter fan for not lamented the Cooper trade are priceless because you often fail to acknowledge all the times you went homeristic on us and turned out to be way wrong.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It is being rumored that Wentz contract extension will be at $30 mill year (same as Dak rumored #s). If that happens then the implosion can not happen soon enough with Jones running the Dallas Cowboys. Wentz is MVP type QB when healthy and Dak if everything on earth breaks right for him could make pro-bowl.

We are going to find out very shortly if Jerry & Stephan are simply incompetent and more concerned with locking up guys they like (to insane contracts) just because they toe the company line.

Dak has been to the Pro Bowl 2 out of his 1st 3 years. What exactly has Wentz done? Potential means nothing. Wentz started out very well as a rookie since then nothing, not one damn thing. You can claim all the talent in the world but if the end results are not there then the potential means squat

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's always kind of comical that people get so emotional and outraged over what is a football discussion on a football discussion board.

And these anecdotal little pieces you offer where you talk about how you were apparently a better/smarter fan for not lamented the Cooper trade are priceless because you often fail to acknowledge all the times you went homeristic on us and turned out to be way wrong.
Actually I never said that. I was one of the same morons who didn't want Cooper for a 1st rounder. 3rd rounder tops. So tell me once again how I fail to acknowledge the times I was wrong? The only difference between me and you guys is I can admit I was wrong on the Cooper move but I at least sat back and watched it play out. You guys write them off before they even step on the field. Its annoying but I guess its just the life of a football discussion board.

Sydla

Reaction score
Actually I never said that. I was one of the same morons who didn't want Cooper for a 1st rounder. 3rd rounder tops. So tell me once again how I fail to acknowledge the times I was wrong? The only difference between me and you guys is I can admit I was wrong on the Cooper move but I at least sat back and watched it play out. You guys write them off before they even step on the field. Its annoying but I guess its just the life of a football discussion board.

Well glad you can admit that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak has been to the Pro Bowl 2 out of his 1st 3 years. What exactly has Wentz done? Potential means nothing. Wentz started out very well as a rookie since then nothing, not one damn thing. You can claim all the talent in the world but if the end results are not there then the potential means squat
First thing that comes out of there mouth on Wentz is "If he's healthy.....". Ok if Dak had the accuracy of Troy Aikman he'd be the best quarterback in the game. But he doesn't. And Wentz is brittle and isn't healthy so why do people keep talking about "If he's healthy?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Wentz was prolific watching Foles leading them to a SB.
Now you’re trying to be humorous.

No doubt Wentz needs to stay healthy but I’m not sure anyone outside of some Dak and Cowboys Homers wouldn’t see Wentz talent level as greater upside than Daks which doesn’t mean he’ll be a greater QB.

Pending health and circumstances greater talents don’t always meet their potential. And lesser talents surpass theirs.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
First thing that comes out of there mouth on Wentz is "If he's healthy.....". Ok if Dak had the accuracy of Troy Aikman he'd be the best quarterback in the game. But he doesn't. And Wentz is brittle and isn't healthy so why do people keep talking about "If he's healthy?

I think Wentz has talent but I do question his leadership. I watched Philly and saw how they played as a team with Wentz and how the team as a whole played once Foles took over. Talent wise I think Wentz is better than Foles but there just seems to be something missing in how that team plays when Wentz is behind center and how they played when Foles took over in 2017 and the 2018 season. As for Dak, he was a 4th rd pick who has helped Dallas win the NFC East 2 of his 1st 3 years in the league. No doubt he will get a good size contract but then looking at guys like Jimmy Garoppolo, Matthew Stafford and Derek Carr and what have they done to get the contracts they have. I also look at the fact Dak is not in an offense that will throw as much as some of these others so his numbers will not be as high.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yeah but you guys can't use the draft to determine how good or bad someone is. Let's be honest there were question on Wentz but because he looked the part everyone fell in love with him. He was somewhat mobile, had a arm, he was 6'4 and looked the part. There have been guys who have looked as good who wouldn't get TOUCHED that early in the draft if they came from the same school Wentz came from.
True . Lesser talents can become greater Qb’s.

I can’t imagine anyone outside of the Cowboys fan base that are able to take a more unbiased approach see the upside of Wentz talent level which again doesn’t necessarily define how good of a qb he becomes.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Wouldn’t we want to look outside the Cowboys and Egirls fan base for a more unbiased evaluation?

Not everyone has the ability to critique their own kids.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
True . Lesser talents can become greater Qb’s.

I can’t imagine anyone outside of the Cowboys fan base that are able to take a more unbiased approach see the upside of Wentz talent level which again doesn’t necessarily define how good of a qb he becomes.

I do not disagree, I think Wentz has the physical tool that may be greater than Dak or Nick Foles but I also can't deny what I saw out of that Philly team and how they performed under Wentz and under Foles. To me that Philly team looked different in how they performed with Foles under Center and that of Wentz. I think it will be very interesting to see this play out in Philly.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I do not disagree, I think Wentz has the physical tool that may be greater than Dak or Nick Foles but I also can't deny what I saw out of that Philly team and how they performed under Wentz and under Foles. To me that Philly team looked different in how they performed with Foles under Center and that of Wentz. I think it will be very interesting to see this play out in Philly.
I certainly liked the 11-2 stretch he had setting Egirls up with home field advantage. That was at a MVP level. Hard to say how he’d do in the playoffs ?

But Foles hasn’t demonstrated he can maintain his SB MVP level for an entire season.

Ultimately I think most would take a healthy Wentz.