Dak will be the first Cowboys QB to win league MVP

Doomsday101

Reaction score
MVP and all those individual awards are great but does not mean more than winning championships. I think even Dak would take the SB ring over MVP any day.

jnday

Reaction score
He had a good rookie season, but that was borderline full bus-driver mode.
He was the first rookie QB in history to step into an offense with FOUR All-Pros....not Pro Bowl (which is a joke) but ALL _PROS.
3 were on the line and then league-leading rusher, Zeke.

He's much better now than he was back then. That bus-driver Dak. Now he has full control
You make some great points. The team does win more games when he is a bus driver. As his individual stats increase, the team’s wins have decreased.

jnday

Reaction score
He’s been able to manage games the past two weeks with a balanced attack and not have to carry the team with 50+ attempts for over 400 yards. Where have you been? It’s been a total team effort the past two games which is why we won. Now go back to complaining about everyone being negative. :thumbup:
The Bucs game was very winnable if Dallas would have had a balanced offense. The Bucs played a very sloppy game and Dallas let them off the hook .

DFWJC

Reaction score
I know your not negative on Dak. Tony I wasn’t thrilled with. I remember a home game against Denver and Manning when last drive in a comeback Tony throws a killa INT . Game over. Seemed like at the worst time we turned the ball over back then….I think Dak can take this team places .
Now that's funny that you pick a game where Romo threw 5 TDs, had 500 yards and the team
scored 48....and you somehow find a way to point at him.
Now that's rich.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The Bucs game was very winnable if Dallas would have had a balanced offense. The Bucs played a very sloppy game and Dallas let them off the hook .
Yeah, I'm sure the Bucs will start rolling at some point, but they are not at all the Bucs from last year right now.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think it could be Kyler Murray this year
It'll be whoever ends up at or near the top of that combined stat I always mention
Passer Rating rank +
Total TD - Turnover rank

Like clockwork.
Unless the team ends up out of the playoffs, the MVP will be at or very near the top in that.

Right now after only 3 weeks, here are the top 6 in that ranking:
Stafford
Wilson
Cousins
Brady
Mahomes
Murray

Murray could easily keep climbing too.
Probably 5 of those 6 have a real shot at it........right now.

I'm sure Rodgers will climb into that group and maybe Dak (currently 11th).
Season is young

RonWashington

Reaction score
Now that's funny that you pick a game where Romo threw 5 TDs, had 500 yards and the team
scored 48....and you somehow find a way to point at him.
Now that's rich.

Did he throw an INT to close out the drive and put the game in the L column . Now be truthful I know you have it in you. That’s how most Romo seasons went , wait until next yr turned into a decade.

At least Danny White had the Pokes knock knock knocking on heavens door.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Did he throw an INT to close out the drive and put the game in the L column . Now be truthful I know you have it in you. That’s how most Romo seasons went , wait until next yr turned into a decade
If your team scores 48, you throw for 500 and have a TD-turnover diff of a whopping +4....you are the VERY LAST reason your team lost.

RonWashington

Reaction score
If you score 48, throw for 500 and have a TD-turnover diff of a whopping +4....you are the VERY LAST reason your team lost.

Ball in 9’s hands game on line last drive the pass is thrown bingo Denver ball goodbye . And this is but one example . Lots of heartache . With Dak I expect the Cowboys to go FURTHER

RonWashington

Reaction score
Ball in 9’s hands game on line last drive the pass is thrown bingo Denver ball goodbye . And this is but one example . Lots of heartache . With Dak I expect the Cowboys to go FURTHER

Dallas measures success with SB wins we have people posting here who think no playoff success over a 10 yr span is ok. That might be Ok in Atlanta Cleveland Buffalo but Jerrah wants a new trophy and so do the fans. The QB makes QB $$ for a reason he’s the driver .

DFWJC

Reaction score
Well I hope they do to.

But, fwiw, during the last 6 years of his career, Romo led the entire NFL in 4th Qtr game-winning drives.

The late games muffs stuck in our minds and we held it against him so much we forgot that he actually came thru way, way more often than not.

The fact that we are talking about a mid-season game vs a non-division and even non Conference team (so among least important on the schedule) is telling in itself.
And we did have the 32nd ranked defense.....worst rank in Dallas history. And o-lines in 2011-2013 thatt make the lines in worst lines in the last 5 years look like all-world.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Well I hope they do to.

But, fwiw, during the last 6 years of his career, Romo led the entire NFL in 4th Qtr game-winning drives.

The late games muffs stuck in our minds and we held it against him so much we forgot that he actually came thru way, way more often than not.

Giants playoff game the “ Cabo “ game . Same ending .

DFWJC

Reaction score
Giants playoff game the “ Cabo “ game . Same ending .
He literally threw what in any other world should've been the game-winning TD with 17 seconds left.
But Crayton pulled up.

I will admit though.
His 1st full year starting was 2007 and that was the best team he played on ....by far.
Missed opportunity

RonWashington

Reaction score
He literally threw what in any other world should've been the game-winning TD with 17 seconds left.
But Crayton pulled up.

I will admit though.
His 1st full year starting was 2007 and that was the best team he played on ....by far.
Missed opportunity

The Seattle playoff loss was a puzzler. Your holding for the game leading FG and it rains in Seattle every 10 mins and a “ wet ball “ slips through your mitts ….oh my . No dry ball no one could get the ball dry pre snap ? . If memory serves Tuna turned in his whistle after that . Yeah your the holder the kicker needs a ball to kick not air. I know I know wasn’t Tony’s fault Seattle is in the Northwest I know

DFWJC

Reaction score
The Seattle playoff loss was a puzzler. Your holding for the game leading FG and it rains in Seattle every 10 mins and a “ wet ball “ slips through your mitts ….oh my . No dry ball no one could get the ball dry pre snap ? . If memory serves Tuna turned in his whistle after that . Yeah your the holder the kicker needs a ball to kick not air.
The special teamer, Romo, muffed the snap.

As the starting QB--which is what we are discussing-- he did his job and got them down there for go-ahead FG.

The only starting QB to even be asked to do it that year or any year since then....well yeah, he muffed the snap. Zero to do with him playing QB

Look, I see you have all the standard memories of his mishaps.

Let's just leave it alone.
He's long gone and its Dak's time now.

RonWashington

Reaction score
The special teamer, Romo, muffed the snap.

As the starting QB--which is what we are discussing-- he did his job and got them down there for go-ahead FG.

The only starting QB to even be asked to do it that year or any year since then....well yeah, he muffed the snap.

I can see your never going to see any season ending examples as well disappointments so I’ll let you settle into what a great QB he was , I see 10 yrs of dry gulch . We disagree.

You recall that Detroit playoff win , I know hard to believe the Lions actually got the playoffs but the Lions were set to win when a really awful horrible call of defensive holding went the Cowboys way. I don’t think they win that now meaningless game without help from the Zebras.