Dak will be the first Cowboys QB to win league MVP

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I see Dak as more of a potential Super Bowl MVP than a League MVP. Just saying. ;)

I'd take DAK throwing 3 interception, 0% redzone success rate and a QBR under 40 .....SO LONG AS WE WIN A SB.

It's about the team, not the individual.

Dak is only 1st in comp% so isnt in position to win any awards just yet......but who cares, he's part of a TEAM, that's starting to become relevant.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'd take DAK throwing 3 interception, 0% redzone success rate and a QBR under 40 .....SO LONG AS WE WIN A SB.

It's about the team, not the individual.

Dak is only 1st in comp% so isnt in position to win any awards just yet......but who cares, he's part of a TEAM, that's starting to become relevant.
Are you talking to me?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
If we win games with a balanced attack like we have the past two weeks Dak might not have the numbers to win MVP. The past two weeks he’s been able to manage games. He hasn’t had to do anything spectacular. However as the season goes on he’s going to have to put up some big numbers in some games for us to win. He definitely has a shot at MVP but we have to make the playoffs. The wins have to be there for a player to win MVP. Team success is a must.
Manage the last 2 games? :lmao2: He’s leading the league in completion percentage and is making the players around him better.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I know your not negative on Dak. Tony I wasn’t thrilled with. I remember a home game against Denver and Manning when last drive in a comeback Tony throws a killa INT . Game over. Seemed like at the worst time we turned the ball over back then….I think Dak can take this team places .

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I know your not negative on Dak. Tony I wasn’t thrilled with. I remember a home game against Denver and Manning when last drive in a comeback Tony throws a killa INT . Game over. Seemed like at the worst time we turned the ball over back then….I think Dak can take this team places .

I will always defend Romo on that play. Firstly, we had scored 40 something points on Denver. If our defence wasn't so atrocious that year, that should've been enough to win. Secondly, his foot was stepped on as he tried to step into his throw. That's a recipe for disaster.

jnday

Reaction score
Dak is 10th in passing TDs and passing yards. He is 11th in passing/rushing TDs. This is nowhere near MVP numbers. Just stop with your feelings and look at the facts.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Brady does lead the league in TD passes, I think he’s right at the top too. Plus he’ll get the 50/50 votes being TB12
And Brady only needs 60 yards to have the most passing yards of all time. I think brees is up by 60. Nothing to do with this year but found it interesting.

OldJarhead

Reaction score
Believe it or not, no Cowboys QB has ever won league MVP.

Dak will do it. If not this year, then some time in the next few years.

While I totally hate the whole "MVP" thing in a team sport. I do think that if this team somehow finds it's way to a NFC Championship Game then #4 will indeed be named NFL MVP.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Manage the last 2 games? :lmao2: He’s leading the league in completion percentage and is making the players around him better.

He’s been able to manage games the past two weeks with a balanced attack and not have to carry the team with 50+ attempts for over 400 yards. Where have you been? It’s been a total team effort the past two games which is why we won. Now go back to complaining about everyone being negative. :thumbup:

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
And Brady only needs 60 yards to have the most passing yards of all time. I think brees is up by 60. Nothing to do with this year but found it interesting.

I think it’ll help his mvp chances, they’ll definitely list it amongst his accolades (even though it really shouldn’t matter)

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Are you talking to me?

Nope, it was a general comment on me not caring about personal achievements and those polarized views on Dak...... rather concentrate on our outcomes. I'd much prefer Dak was dreadful and we win, rather than he played well but we lost.

Though MVP in the SB would be win/win.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
He’s been able to manage games the past two weeks with a balanced attack and not have to carry the team with 50+ attempts for over 400 yards. Where have you been? It’s been a total team effort the past two games which is why we won. Now go back to complaining about everyone being negative. :thumbup:
Whatever

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

It’s a fact! Dak has had 53 passing attempts the past two games which is 5 attempts fewer than he had in the opener against Tampa. The past two games have been the most well balanced offensive attack the Cowboys have had in a long time. We’ve had a two headed monster at RB and Dak hasn’t been having to drop back play after play digging us out of a hole. What we’ve been doing the past two games is the formula we won three Super Bowls with in the 90s, except Emmitt got most of our rushing yards. He was a great inside runner between the tackles with burst and could bounce to the outside. He was Zeke and Pollard in one.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
While I totally hate the whole "MVP" thing in a team sport. I do think that if this team somehow finds it's way to a NFC Championship Game then #4 will indeed be named NFL MVP.
Only regular season goes towards MVP. Playoffs and superbowl has nothing to do with league MVP.