Dak will break Manning's record

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
With his weapons and with a competent coach, I think Dak has a shot at breaking a lot of passing records. I hope they go to a ball control offense, but I think MM is gonna air it out and Dak will be the BEST QB in Cowboys history...
Totally agree, Coach! It all makes sense. With all pieces in place, this roster (Dak surrounded with so many weapons) and with Coach McCarthy (along with Kellen Moore as his O-Coordinator) now in charge, it definitely screams of a pass-happy Offense that has the potential to go after both franchise and NFL passing records. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS COWBOYS OFFENSE LIGHT IT UP.

jnday

Reaction score
Dak will keep being what he is... average.
Your comment will cause the Dak lovers on this board to label you as a Dak hater even if Dak was at fault for the little success that the team has had. For some reason, posters here thinks Dak is above being held accountable for his failures.

btcutter

Reaction score
With his weapons and with a competent coach, I think Dak has a shot at breaking a lot of passing records. I hope they go to a ball control offense, but I think MM is gonna air it out and Dak will be the BEST QB in Cowboys history...

Sorry to rain on the party. Those are meaningless to me.

If Dak want me to remember me as the BEST Cowboy QB ever then bring me a few Super Bowls! I don't care about any other stats.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
The Cowboys have a long history of amassing all sorts of "weapons" but the eventual result not being as shiny as the sum of all the parts. The 2008 season, for instance - Dallas was picked by many as a Super Bowl favorite - but falling short of the playoffs entirely.

So no, I don't think Dak is going to break records. He'll turn in a good season, no doubt, but Peyton will be safe. Unless Kellen Moore suddenly goes full blast bore.

I think MM will go ball control anyway.

it’s about win SB. He’ll be first ever to do it with 2 different teams.
Ironically enough .... his one and only was in cowboys stadium.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Having no post season success, even when surrounded by by elite talent, is a fair and reasonable way to judge Dak. Dak has totally blew it in the post season games , but I am sure that you think judging him on his actual play is so unfair.

No you explained it perfectly i thought you were thinking another way

Section446

Reaction score
Your comment will cause the Dak lovers on this board to label you as a Dak hater even if Dak was at fault for the little success that the team has had. For some reason, posters here thinks Dak is above being held accountable for his failures.
It's these Madden kids.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't care how many records he breaks.
That's not what makes a quarterback great.
I care how he plays and how many Championship trophies the Cowboys have.

Eli Manning has 2 superbowls and Aaron Rodgers has 1. Its asinine to just say Player A has more rings so he's better than player B. Rodgers stats blow Elis out of the water

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
A good old fashioned troll post, but let’s take a look. Dak would need to add 26 TD passes to last year’s career high total... which before last year he never even had 26 TD passes in a season. And unfortunately the number of Commanders and Giants games stays the same, so where are they going to come from? When looking at the few passers who reached or came close to 5,000 yards, almost all suffered a hard regression because 5,000 is such an outlier... and Dak obviously is too.
Also really the only “weapon” Dak is gaining is a rookie 3rd receiver. Keep in mind Bob Hayes rookie record of 46 catches has stood for more than 50 years, but maybe if Lamb can have literally half of his catches be TDs, maybe they can do it.
It was a nice troll, but no.

Dez had 45 catches his rookie year and that was with him missing 4 games with injury. Its more likely than not that Ceedee breaks that record this year

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Dak's still only a baby to the league. He's going to break many quarterback records. And without Garrett, his chances just increased dramatically by helping this team get to the promised land. BOOM!

SSoup

Reaction score
If the talk that McCarthy is asking Dak to get his completion percentage up into the low 70's is legit, I don't think we're gonna be throwing it all over the field like crazy. I mean, Rodgers never sniffed that kind of completion percentage in his life under McCarthy in a season where he was a starter. So unless we're saying Dak is appreciably more accurate than Rodgers (who routinely had completion percentages more in the 60-65% territory most of his time with McCarthy), it sounds like we won't be rolling with a high-flying aerial assault on opponents all the time like Green Bay did.

If McCarthy is expecting that high a completion percentage from Dak, I think he must be planning on a much less gaudy, much more buttoned down passing attack than he even had in Green Bay. Which would add up considering he's never had so much pressure like he probably has now with Jerry breathing down his neck to make sure he feeds Elliott. I'm sure the topic of his RB usage came up in the job interview and he talked a very big game about making the most of Zeke and how he's never had a RB so good before.

Tussinman

Reaction score
I’d rather he win the SB for the Cowboys. Breaking records are meaningless if this team can’t win a championship. Yes it’s a bonus to lead in statistics but if that’s all you care about for one player, smh.
Agreed. I mean hell the new backup for crying out loud has 3 pro bowls, over 30k yards and over 200 touchdowns. Stats like you said don't tell the full story

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I am comparing the defense, coaching, and special teams mostly. There is no comparison. Aikman had it waaaaaay better then both Romo and Dak.

And if we are getting picky, both the Oline and the RB were better with Aikman. I also take Harper and Irvin over Gallup and Cooper. And certainly Novacek blew away Jarwin.

Not sure what you can even remotely dispute with any of this.

Aikman was great, but he had nearly the best team in history around him. Which made him look better than was reality.
Your actually really close in your assessment and comparison,, but I would give Gallup a bump up on Harper.
Harper was the result of being an exploited skill set, meaning that he was in the right situation at the right time, I would grade Gallups value higher there.
Harpers entire career was transcended by a few nice catches at critical times, in critical games,, I seem to remember the long sideline pass that got us a critical
3rd and long maybe in the championship game vs the 49ers, it was a long time ago, so I may be wrong on the specific game, but I am firm in my memory of that catch.
It made Harper,, is what it is, but I take Gallup and his versatile skill set any day over a one trick pony in Harper.
I believe he went to Tampa after free agency scavenged us,, and faded away.
Anyway, sorry for the long rant about Harper... lol

ghst187

Reaction score
I’m not sure there are any records that Manning has that Dak is capable of breaking....
among other reasons, we aren’t going to throw the ball 60x per game because we have one of the best RBs and OLs in the game...And MM is not an idiot...

leeblair

Reaction score
Eli Manning has 2 superbowls and Aaron Rodgers has 1. Its asinine to just say Player A has more rings so he's better than player B. Rodgers stats blow Elis out of the water
And in the end, history will rank Eli over Rodgers because of his Super Bowl rings.

sean10mm

Reaction score
And in the end, history will rank Eli over Rodgers because of his Super Bowl rings.

Only one of those players is in on the Hall of Fame's All-Decade team, and it's not Eli.

Nobody ranks Phil Simms among the elite either.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Aikman and Staubach did in their first 4 years.

I mean since you are comparing things in posts above, figured I would compare another one for you.

Then again in Romo's first 64 starts he had 1 more regular season win, 1 more playoff appearance, 1 more pro-bowl appearance, and 1 more playoff win than Dak's first 64. Another comparison. So I suppose it still could go any way from here.

That said, I believe and hope Dak will get there.

Ok, so I will ask YOU...………………..Is YOUR analysis that Dak should have won a SB already here in Dallas with the team and coaching we have had?

Simple question...………….....