Twitter: Dak will focus on accuracy next year

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I haven't given up on Dak, his first 1 1/2 seasons earned him next year. I'm happy to hear him acknowledge this issue instead of deflecting. He dealt with some adversity this last season, but he still has to step up/side step and still get his feet set to become more accurate next season. He's a smart kid and doesn't need to be Romo in this regard, but a mid tier passer with his intangibles can work just as well. His confidence was shot after ATL (thanks coaching staff once again), but think he's been through enough in his life where he can overcome this; won't turn David Carr on us, etc.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jason is going to learn how to coach and now Dak is going to learn how to throw accurately yada yada yada.....24 years and counting and were still being served cold plate of misery....they all grow down there they all grow.....:oldcouple:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Why didn't he work on his accuracy this year?

I'm sure he did but it's about focus. He talked last season about making faster reads before and after the snap. When he came out and threw the ball all over the place the first few games he said he had not spent enough time on fundamentals.

It's not uncommon but there is a reason why the best coaches start every new season by reinforcing the fundamentals first.

Really this is an indictment of how he was coached. Garrett and Linehan should have known better. They give lip service to the method but the proof is in the pudding. Going through the motions doesn't get the job done.