Twitter: Dak will focus on accuracy next year

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Tell #88 to cut down on his drops and miscues. That fixes a lot right there.
Thank you......

That's a big part of the accuracy issues right there... I feel for Dak. Having to take over babysitting duties from Romo. Dak didn't ask for that. No one wants to babysit a whiny demanding cancerous miscreant that's a shell of his former self. The only thing that remains is his ego.

Carson

Reaction score
I hope so and I hope Dak turns it around.

We were all so high on Dak after last season. This offseason, there is just a bad vibe and sense he has regressed.

We went from having our franchise guy, to possibly the 5th best QB in our division ... between 11 and 14th in the NFC

Numerous factors have gone into that, so tough to pinpoint what it was.

Hope he corrects it and leads us to #6 next season

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
His accuracy dropped 8% when not pressured. That is not insignificant.
His receivers had 28 drops in 2017, compared to 13 in 2016.

Counting drops as completions, and removing throwaways, spikes, batted passes, and hit as thrown:
Adjusted completion percentage
2016 75.3% (10th)
2017 74.3% (10th)

It could be that they don't see anything to gain in telling him that it's the anticipation of pressure that turns him into a different QB. I really hope that's not the case, and that they address this issue somehow. It couldn't hurt to bring in a "brain trainer" like the one used by Russell Wilson.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Accuracy is not always 100% on the QB. A QB must be able to throw to a spot with the confidence that his WR is going to be there. Dez and T-Will have not been that reliable in route running which certainly affects Dak’s ability to be more accurate.

Not saying Dak doesn’t need to improve, but the passing game is a complex coordination of the entire offense and timing is a critical piece where every member of the offense must contribute.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Scheming accuracy is the only route.

Inaccurate QBs do not suddenly get appreciably more accurate as their careers progress. Either they have it or they don't.

Exactly.

For instance, Carson Wentz has a worse career completion % compared to Dak and we can pretty much conclude that it will never improve.

visionary

Reaction score
Jason is going to learn how to coach and now Dak is going to learn how to throw accurately yada yada yada.....24 years and counting and were still being served cold plate of misery....they all grow down there they all grow.....:oldcouple:

It's a process

robbieruff

Reaction score
I know Moore is smart, but he sure has the idiot savant look to him when compared to Dak in that pic; know a lotta people like that, so not a diss. Wish him the best, but would've liked someone from outside the org just to not perpetuate the nepotism culture in DAL.
You tryna to say he could out dumb-face Eli??!