Dak will play for less somewhere else but not in Dallas

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dak will never take a lowball offer from America’s team that comes with media headache, especially with big guns like ESPN coming after you 24/7.

Dak also wants to prove a point that his mental fortitude is better than Jerry and he will always one up him. Dak will make Jerry pay regardless either in the pocket books or DYIING WITHOUT WINNING ANOTHER SUPER BOWL.

There are actually people on this forum that think the Dalton signing had nothing to do with Dallas want to get some leverage lol.

Flamma

Reaction score
If Jerry pays Dak we ain’t winning squat until that deal is cheap again for the team or the CBA saves the day while Dak is still under contract.

This is why Jerry needs to let him play under the tag one year. If the offense continues to struggle moving the ball against any team that puts up a fight, I think it's time to move on. Think about it, what has changed about our offense from last season? We switched out Cobb for CeeDee Lamb. What else? We don't expect to see crap offensive games like against the Jets, Pats, Bills, Bears, Saints, and Eagles II. Why is that? Is CD Lamb going to stop this from happening? So what are we counting on? As far as I see it, the coaching staff. Are we sure about that? Is Jason Garrett that big of a buffoon that he can't even make the playoffs with a super bowl caliber team? Or could something else be contributing? Jerry needs to be careful before committing to what could possibly be part of the problem.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
It’s the other way around, Dak is the one you don’t mess with when you are tying to win a SB before croaking.

I’ll take Dak and willing to put money on it.If he does end up leaving Dallas he will win a SB before Jerry.

p.s. Jerry does know oil is plummeting :muttley::muttley::muttley:

Ah yes someone who is an hourly wage earner is questioning a billionaire. The same billionaire that has been negotiating contracts, NFL and others for 50 years. It's both Jerry and Stephen that have ALL of the power. Either Prescott accepts and plays for either the tag or a long term contract or he doesn't and then he makes no money while he doesn't. BTW all of the endorsement money will dry up too. Just ask Bell about that and all the endorsement deals he had that ended when he chose to sit out. BTW, here gas has gone up 65 cents a gallon in less than a week and at the rate it's climbing again it will be at or about what it was before the middle east and Russia had their spat in no time. But I don't see how that has ANY baring on the Prescott negotiations. Just you grabbing at straws to try to say something.

Nav22

Reaction score
If 2 chimps on TV threw feces at a Dak poster, 1 of the clown Dak haters would turn it into a thread.

Never underestimate how low those inferior beta males will go to trash the guy who will soon be earning over $30m/year to play QB for their favorite football team.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It’s the other way around, Dak is the one you don’t mess with when you are tying to win a SB before croaking.

I’ll take Dak and willing to put money on it.If he does end up leaving Dallas he will win a SB before Jerry.

Actually, Jerry probably made a boat load of money by buying up foreign oil reserves while the price is rock bottom. When the price goes up, and it will, he will sell them for a huge profit.

Guy is not stupid for sure. He just does questionable stuff sometimes. It's like going out for the Golden Banana in a video game, when you know the opposing team is just waiting for you to peak your head out. You know you'll end up dead but sometimes, you just can't resist. I feel like that's Jerry sometimes.

:laugh:

ondaedg

Reaction score
Dak will never take a lowball offer from America’s team that comes with media headache, especially with big guns like ESPN coming after you 24/7.

Dak also wants to prove a point that his mental fortitude is better than Jerry and he will always one up him. Dak will make Jerry pay regardless either in the pocket books or DYIING WITHOUT WINNING ANOTHER SUPER BOWL.

You sure have alot of inside info.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
There are actually people on this forum that think the Dalton signing had nothing to do with Dallas want to get some leverage lol.

It isn't. It's NOTHING more than a 1 year insurance policy against a injury to Prescott. If it was like some here think that it was a negotiation ploy, the Cowboys would have signed him for a heck of a lot more money to make it believable than the little 3 mil for this season. Common sense does escape some.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It isn't. It's NOTHING more than a 1 year insurance policy against a injury to Prescott. If it was like some here think that it was a negotiation ploy, the Cowboys would have signed him for a heck of a lot more money to make it believable than the little 3 mil for this season. Common sense does escape some.

Yeah sure.. It’s nothing more.

Dallas surely didn’t want to take the option of a hold out off the table for Dak.

You’re right.. Common sense does escape some.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Yeah sure.. It’s nothing more.

Dallas surely didn’t want to take the option of a hold out off the table for Dak.

You’re right.. Common sense does escape some.

Anyone that seriously thinks Prescott will sit out needs a lot of help. Besides Prescott's athletic abilities most people in sports also believe Prescott to be an intelligent person and such he knows by sitting out he first loses salary and then according to this current new CBA, all fines can not be forgiven like before and they will be collected when the player signs a contract anywhere. So he knows that will be money that will never be recouped. Not only that but all of his endorsement money will dry up just like it did for Bell so he will have no money coming in. So the actual real chance that Prescott sits out is as close to zero as you can get. But some people can't think past their reasons for Prescott to be gone. Anyone that thinks there is more to it than signing Dalton as a backup for a measly 3 mil will in any way for Prescott to think he could get replaced also needs a lot of help. If there was any real message tried by the Cowboys to send they would have signed Dalton to a lot more money that that measly 3 mil to make it believable. Again common sense.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

If Jerry thought Dak was the x-factor in winning a Super Bowl, Dak would be signed, sealed and delivered by now.
Dak's not winning any Super Bowl unless he has a stocked team around him.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i'm not seeing what everybody else(tv people) seems to be pushing.
the deal will get done and we can move on to the next thing to argue about/disagree.
i just am not seeing all this angst,animosity,bad blood,bickering...whatever you wanna call it from Dak,Jerry or anyone involved in the discussions.
the narrative being driven by talking heads doesn't seem to be whats going on.

behind the scenes.....maybe....but eventually it would spill out.
just don't see it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Anyone that seriously thinks Prescott will sit out needs a lot of help. Besides Prescott's athletic abilities most people in sports also believe Prescott to be an intelligent person and such he knows by sitting out he first loses salary and then according to this current new CBA, all fines can not be forgiven like before and they will be collected when the player signs a contract anywhere. So he knows that will be money that will never be recouped. Not only that but all of his endorsement money will dry up just like it did for Bell so he will have no money coming in. So the actual real chance that Prescott sits out is as close to zero as you can get. But some people can't think past their reasons for Prescott to be gone. Anyone that thinks there is more to it than signing Dalton as a backup for a measly 3 mil will in any way for Prescott to think he could get replaced also needs a lot of help. If there was any real message tried by the Cowboys to send they would have signed Dalton to a lot more money that that measly 3 mil to make it believable. Again common sense.

Dak is already not participating in their offseason program.

Dallas bought insurance against any type of hold out with Dak and they gave themselves leverage with Dalton that they are not held hostage to his demands this season.

If they want they can sit back, relax, and let him play another year with a new coach and if he decides to not play or participate in TC then they don’t have to play his game because the insurance was purchased.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
i'm not seeing what everybody else(tv people) seems to be pushing.
the deal will get done and we can move on to the next thing to argue about/disagree.
i just am not seeing all this angst,animosity,bad blood,bickering...whatever you wanna call it from Dak,Jerry or anyone involved in the discussions.
the narrative being driven by talking heads doesn't seem to be whats going on.

behind the scenes.....maybe....but eventually it would spill out.
just don't see it.

That is because you are too focused on what the Cowboys are saying and not what they are doing.

It sure didn’t take the Rams and Eagles this long to get a deal done and those are the moronic deals that Dallas everyone says Dallas has to make now.

Just like the moronic Todd Gurley deal we had to do.

cowboyec

Reaction score
That is because you are too focused on what the Cowboys are saying and not what they are doing.

It sure didn’t take the Rams and Eagles this long to get a deal done and those are the moronic deals that Dallas everyone says Dallas has to make now.

Just like the moronic Todd Gurley deal we had to do.

Dallas isn't saying anything except how much they love Dak and want him as THE guy.

they signed a back-up QB to a 1yr deal.
i don't see how that gets spun to some kind of back handed slap to Dak?

now if it had been a 3yr deal.....then i could see it.

this to me looks like talking heads on tv manufacturing a story to get folks to tune in.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dallas isn't saying anything except how much they love Dak and want him as THE guy.

they signed a back-up QB to a 1yr deal.
i don't see how that gets spun to some kind of back handed slap to Dak?

now if it had been a 3yr deal.....then i could see it.

this to me looks like talking heads on tv manufacturing a story to get folks to tune in.

It’s not a slap at Dak.

It’s insurance towards Dak in negotiations and takes away options from Dak.

If Dak decides to go nuclear now in negotiations the Cowboys can laugh it off and play Dalton if they have to.

irishline

Reaction score

Not that I think Dalton is here to be more than a backup, but common sense in business is you can get the best deal you can. If you are Jones you are not paying someone more than you have to just because the may be a starter. If Dalton was fine with 3 million this year you sign him for that amount. If that's what he was fine with in negotiations you take it and run. Dalton wanted to be home, he said as much, he possibly negotiated as much. If he ends up starting so be it, you think he will say "hey I refuse to start because you are only paying me what I agreed to?

If I am Jones I don't tell Dalton I am using you for leverage, or that you may end up starting, Why show your hand and spend more than you need to?

All that said, I do agree that there is zero chance Dak sits out, and this is all mute anyway.

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Dak is already not participating in their offseason program.

Dallas bought insurance against any type of hold out with Dak and they gave themselves leverage with Dalton that they are not held hostage to his demands this season.

If they want they can sit back, relax, and let him play another year with a new coach and if he decides to not play or participate in TC then they don’t have to play his game because the insurance was purchased.

NOTHING now is mandatory right now. the off season program is STRICTLY optional. If the Cowboys were sending any kind of message to Prescott they would have signed Dalton for a heck of a lot more money than the measly 3 mil they signed him for. Prescott sees this, those with common sense see this.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
NOTHING now is mandatory right now. the off season program is STRICTLY optional. If the Cowboys were sending any kind of message to Prescott they would have signed Dalton for a heck of a lot more money than the measly 3 mil they signed him for. Prescott sees this, those with common sense see this.

I think you’re being incredibly naive.

Dalton is insurance for on the field and off the field reasons.

cowboyec

Reaction score
if the Andy Dalton move was a message to anyone....it was Cooper Rush.

erod

Reaction score

LOL, while all his endorsements look up and say, "Well, see ya later!"

What a dolt that guy is.