Twitter: Dak will practice today

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I completley agree RB talent is abundent..every year a nobody RB becomes a somebody out of nowhere..
This team doesnt need another Pollard type RB, and that in no way is a knock on Pollard,, he has his gig tied up IMO if Moore uses him like he should.
This team needs to find a grinder, IDK who that is yet,, a big between the tackles RB3 that can be rostered to do some dirty work on short yardage and goal line,,
Preserving Zeke and having a strong running game post season is when it will be most relevant and evident.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
and that is if his band is called, "Sexual Chocolate" ..;)...
maxresdefault.jpg

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Some in the Anti-Dak crowd, rather have the Cowboys lose with Dak, than to win and be successful with him. Just so because they want to feel validated in their negativity towards Dak and want to say "I told you so." smh.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He only needs one. They should keep him on ice until then.

I clearly do not expect Dak to play in the last pre season game. I do expect that he will be around full practice the rest of the way. I have no doubt at this stage the Cowboys are focused in on Tampa and much of the practice remaining will center around the game plan vs Tampa. So I don't expect Dak to be kept on Ice.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some in the Anti-Dak crowd, rather have the Cowboys lose with Dak, than to win and be successful with him. Just so because they want to feel validated in their negativity towards Dak and want to say "I told you so." smh.
From Hater to you're an Eagles fan now this.:(
PATHETIC Dak Zombies they live amongst us!!!!:confused:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I clearly do not expect Dak to play in the last pre season game. I do expect that he will be around full practice the rest of the way. I have no doubt at this stage the Cowboys are focused in on Tampa and much of the practice remaining will center around the game plan vs Tampa. So I don't expect Dak to be kept on Ice.
When I said keep him on ice until then, that didn't mean keep him inactive until the day of the Bucks game. He needs to prepare to play that game. However long that is, I don't know. So IMO, see him practicing now falls right in line with what I said. He is preparing to play in the Bucs game, not the Jags game. You aren't saying anything different.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
When I said keep him on ice until then, that didn't mean keep him inactive until the day of the Bucks game. He needs to prepare to play that game. However long that is, I don't know. So IMO, see him practicing now falls right in line with what I said. He is preparing to play in the Bucs game, not the Jags game. You aren't saying anything different.

I forgot who was that posted that 10 days out from September 9th was his "drop dead date" for when he would panic if Dak was not practicing. Seems like we beat that by 5 days.. Seems like the Cowboys handled the situation just right (for a change) and will come out smelling like a rose because of it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This team doesnt need another Pollard type RB, and that in no way is a knock on Pollard,, he has his gig tied up IMO if Moore uses him like he should.
This team needs to find a grinder, IDK who that is yet,, a big between the tackles RB3 that can be rostered to do some dirty work on short yardage and goal line,,
Preserving Zeke and having a strong running game post season is when it will be most relevant and evident.

I have said this before...and will say it again....you might have even seen me say this...

Zeke...is NOT the type to "preserve". The "feed me" is annoying....especially in an 8-8 (or worse) season.

But there is a reason for it. You FEED him. Even when chips are down.

He gest 35 yards on 8 carries in the first half. And if you don't know zeke you go to the passing game or Pollard. BUT...if you know zeke and you have some semblmabce of an O-line...you give him 10 carries in the 3rd qtr and he gets 50, 60 yards.

You finish up the 4th qtr drives with some zeke pounding the rock.

You DO need to sub him...and manage that with adeptness....not just when he's tired.

Much like Emmitt. Not saying zeke is as likeable.....but you just keep pounding it. That's how GOOD RBs...not princesses...work.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I forgot who was that posted that 10 days out from September 9th was his "drop dead date" for when he would panic if Dak was not practicing. Seems like we beat that by 5 days.. Seems like the Cowboys handled the situation just right (for a change) and will come out smelling like a rose because of it.
Why are you assessing the situation as a victory..>NOW?

Shouldn;t you hold your judgement until an actual GAME?

Like a rube...just believe whatever you heard...don't need any FACTS or show me stuff, eh?

"Oooh...Dak is PRACTICING..they handled it all great!"

Wow...just wow.

And look...not saying Dak isn't 100% ready to get blasted by Super Bowl Champs Tampa. He might be! But....I don't believe in LIP SERVICE BJs.

Show me.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I mean really when you take a look at league wide depth at the RB position, most teams in this league have taken advantage of the RB depth and availability.
We sit around speculating if Zeke will be in shape, and if TP can carry the load and then we talk about what at RB3????
Sometimes you get a better perspective of where you are when you look around and see were your neighbors are standing.
This FO believes that we are safe in an extended season with 2 verifiable RBs..
@CowboyRoy you called me out a few months back when you asked me what was a very important position that hasnt been addressed and I told you then and will say it again that RB3
is highly relevant to the sustainability of this offense this season.

might be least important roster spot. A 3rd rb could be picked up at any time during the season. Or practice squad.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I have said this before...and will say it again....you might have even seen me say this...

Zeke...is NOT the type to "preserve". The "feed me" is annoying....especially in an 8-8 (or worse) season.

But there is a reason for it. You FEED him. Even when chips are down.

He gest 35 yards on 8 carries in the first half. And if you don't know zeke you go to the passing game or Pollard. BUT...if you know zeke and you have some semblmabce of an O-line...you give him 10 carries in the 3rd qtr and he gets 50, 60 yards.

You finish up the 4th qtr drives with some zeke pounding the rock.

You DO need to sub him...and manage that with adeptness....not just when he's tired.

Much like Emmitt. Not saying zeke is as likeable.....but you just keep pounding it. That's how GOOD RBs...not princesses...work.
Im only pounding the point that its pretty easy to find a RB3 these days,, if your really looking.
Im looking at an extended season with a team that has a very shallow RB pool, that is no nock on Zeke or Pollard, not sure where Cowboys fans find comfort in only having two RBs.
Take a look around the league and discover that most teams have taken advantage of the available talent at RB and look at the depth they have,
There will be better cuts than what we have currently at RB3, just hoping we have some clear eye view.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
might be least important roster spot. A 3rd rb could be picked up at any time during the season. Or practice squad.
Thats exactly what this team has done,, you have obviously been well schooled by the Jones'
You believe that not exercising a very basic concept of improving depth at any position, isnt a very important team build concepIs it because you feel some attachment and its a threat that actually having depth at RB3 is in someway going to diminish Zeke and Pollards role in some way?
Im just asking because you think like this is some foreign concept, just open your eyes and start looking around the league.