Dak & Zeke no longer needed

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yes. It was YOU questioning someone else about it. I asked YOU to clarify YOUR position on it.

And now you are asking me to clarify MINE without ever answering first.

Oh how I love the internet message boards.

I don't have to answer first, I can ask a question without ever answering, it happens....all the time.....but I will answer anyway just to calm you down and get you to relax a bit.

I put wins and losses on the coaches, who are responsible for Offense, defense and special teams......Each of those parts contribute heavily to a team VICTORY. the coaches, by far have the highest impact, specially OC and DC, calling the right plays and making the right adjustments during the game. most NFL games go into the 4th quarter within a score, or within striking distance and thus the crucial plays you call during critical times of the game can make all the difference. I don't put all of the wins/losses on a QB, although a QB can be at fault for losses or can make crucial plays that lead to wins, but you have to be in position to be able to make those plays.....but generally, things average out over time and it comes down to coaches and all three phases of the game..... the QB has the most impact on the offensive side of the ball obviously.....

outside of perhaps Brady (who had bilicheck) and Rodgers QBs depend on players around them. I have argued multiple times in the past, its what you do once given those resources around you..... again, Brady and Rodgers,seemingly elevate everyone around them (maybe mahomes, but we have to wait and see, because he has some very nice weapons around him that produced prior to him and he maximizes those weapons greatly) , although Brady has had probably the best football coach ever behind him....but still, he seems to produce with anyone around him and elevate their games and he is outstanding when he does have some nice weapons.

so 13-3 was a team effort, with Dak contributing his part, specially having only 4 turnovers all year....8-8 was a team effort.....what the QB does is control his part of the game, which is the offense obviously. Dak can't help defense giving up 36 pts per game. can't help defense being one of the worst in 3rd down conversion. can't help the special teams being the absolute worst in the league.....and you need all three phases of the game to win. not necessarily in equal parts, or equal parts every game, or being even....but all three need to contribute positively for the team to have success....the only way you might win and have post season success if one part of the team (offense or defense) is bad or average, is the other side to be all time great to compensate.....

the easiest path to the superbowl, in fact the cheapest path to the superbowl is having a top 10 QB, or top 10 QB play......if you have an average QB, then you have to compensate heavily in other areas and be really really really good in other areas, which will cost heck of a lot more....Dilfer was average, but Baltimore had all time top defense when they won the superbowl. that defense was crazy good. has two first time HOFers.....they actually went three games, scored one TD and still won, because the defense was giving up less than 10 points a game. Same with Grossman and Chicago, making it to the superbowl....the Chicago defense was really good.....or your QB catches fire for one year, plays out of his mind and you find success...ala the Commanders teams.... and it takes great great coaching......average coaching ala Garrett will never get it done.....coaches can cost games easily, ala Atlanta up 28-3 in the superbowl, made one crucial mistake and allowed Bilicheck and Brady to make a come back......

so answer me the question.....is wins/losses all on the QB?

I love the internet message boards.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Man you must really put Dak in high regard to think he can carry a team like Peyton, Brees, and Rodgers.

Look at their cap hit btw during those years.

Rodgers from 2010 to 2012, Rodgers’ cap hit never rose above $8.5 million.

It’s an extension.. Almost like if Mahomes wins it this year and saying look how he is paid when he’s basically on his rookie deal another 2 years.

Brees was 8% of his teams cap when they won.

I can’t keep looking this stuff up for you that’s well known information..

The problem is you’re silly enough to think because all time greats did it then Dak can.

Eli Manning is your argument.. Stick to him. He’s a mediocre player that got carried while getting paid..

Meanwhile there is a lot more Dak Prescott level guys who got big money and haven’t won’t a Super Bowl.
wait, wait, you are trying to shift the argument.

I responded to your "assumption" that paying a QB means you are not going to win...based on the articles you pointed to, average of their salary compared to the cap...

I simply pointed to your mistake...

now you are trying to make this into an argument of comparing Peyton and Dak, which I am not doing..

see this is what you do, you are such a BSer, that you forget what you said and just respond to a specific post trying to win that posts' argument..

and if you looked again, really looked, you would see that their "cap" numbers in the original time they got the contract, compared to the cap in that year, was pretty high, but as the cap goes up, that percentage dropped, thus you see Brees % of the cap at 8%, go back and compare to when he got the contract.....not when they won...see how it works...

and now you want to make Eli into medicore....but he has a high percentage of his cap...

again, the argument is about cap impact, not player evaluation...

and I thought you said Peyton was a Choker? now you are seemingly putting him in Elite category.....

you are really trying hard to spin things...you are failing....

lqmac1

Reaction score
How much more proof do we need? They aren’t the difference between winning and losing.

I hate that we ruined our draft pick.

Loved seeing Pollard do what most NFL RBs do when given a big workload.. You don’t need to spend big money on RBs..

41 points with Pollard and Dalton dimes.

Save the money on Dak and Zeke and build a defense and hopefully still land Zach Wilson in the draft and spend the next 5 years building a defense with money saved and picks.
Calm down. It was just three weeks ago Dalton was getting blown out of the water. Zeke we can live without, but not Dak!

Eddie

Reaction score
Dak isn’t a difference maker and wants too much money for results we can get with a QB like Dalton..

$41 mil a year can buy some serious help throughout the team.

Let's see what the Football Gods have in store for Dalton.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Haha..

We need to draft a player or see how cheap some of these vets with talent will be..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't have to answer first, I can ask a question without ever answering, it happens....all the time.....but I will answer anyway just to calm you down and get you to relax a bit.

I put wins and losses on the coaches, who are responsible for Offense, defense and special teams......Each of those parts contribute heavily to a team VICTORY. the coaches, by far have the highest impact, specially OC and DC, calling the right plays and making the right adjustments during the game. most NFL games go into the 4th quarter within a score, or within striking distance and thus the crucial plays you call during critical times of the game can make all the difference. I don't put all of the wins/losses on a QB, although a QB can be at fault for losses or can make crucial plays that lead to wins, but you have to be in position to be able to make those plays.....but generally, things average out over time and it comes down to coaches and all three phases of the game..... the QB has the most impact on the offensive side of the ball obviously.....

outside of perhaps Brady (who had bilicheck) and Rodgers QBs depend on players around them. I have argued multiple times in the past, its what you do once given those resources around you..... again, Brady and Rodgers,seemingly elevate everyone around them (maybe mahomes, but we have to wait and see, because he has some very nice weapons around him that produced prior to him and he maximizes those weapons greatly) , although Brady has had probably the best football coach ever behind him....but still, he seems to produce with anyone around him and elevate their games and he is outstanding when he does have some nice weapons.

so 13-3 was a team effort, with Dak contributing his part, specially having only 4 turnovers all year....8-8 was a team effort.....what the QB does is control his part of the game, which is the offense obviously. Dak can't help defense giving up 36 pts per game. can't help defense being one of the worst in 3rd down conversion. can't help the special teams being the absolute worst in the league.....and you need all three phases of the game to win. not necessarily in equal parts, or equal parts every game, or being even....but all three need to contribute positively for the team to have success....the only way you might win and have post season success if one part of the team (offense or defense) is bad or average, is the other side to be all time great to compensate.....

the easiest path to the superbowl, in fact the cheapest path to the superbowl is having a top 10 QB, or top 10 QB play......if you have an average QB, then you have to compensate heavily in other areas and be really really really good in other areas, which will cost heck of a lot more....Dilfer was average, but Baltimore had all time top defense when they won the superbowl. that defense was crazy good. has two first time HOFers.....they actually went three games, scored one TD and still won, because the defense was giving up less than 10 points a game. Same with Grossman and Chicago, making it to the superbowl....the Chicago defense was really good.....or your QB catches fire for one year, plays out of his mind and you find success...ala the Commanders teams.... and it takes great great coaching......average coaching ala Garrett will never get it done.....coaches can cost games easily, ala Atlanta up 28-3 in the superbowl, made one crucial mistake and allowed Bilicheck and Brady to make a come back......

so answer me the question.....is wins/losses all on the QB?

I love the internet message boards.

No it does NOT "happen all the time" with good considerate people.
LOL...took you all that to explain yourself. Good thing for internet message boards!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
133060180_3994153093964682_3905369264364735730_o.jpg

conner01

Reaction score
Zeke is very unexciting to watch 95% of the time. I wish him well in his post-Cowboy career.
Zeke is not as bad as some think
And he’s not as good as some think
My biggest problem with zeke this year has been the fumbles
But whether people like zeke or not it doesn’t matter
Zeke will be here 2 more years so those that hate him will have 2 years to bash him. Then he will be sent packing so then those who love him can have 2 years to say it was a mistake to let him go

Qcard

Reaction score
So Zeke No longer need is a fail too. Or proof Zeke is great again because we beat a losing Eagles team with rookie QB

Dak Haters are conflicted

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No it does NOT "happen all the time" with good considerate people.
LOL...took you all that to explain yourself. Good thing for internet message boards!
you asked and you recieved.....

yet you didn't answer.......are you avoiding?

internet message boards are awsome......

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak isn’t a difference maker and wants too much money for results we can get with a QB like Dalton..
wait, but you said Dak was good....and you just didn't like the money...now you changed your tune and saying he is not good....

results with Dalton...ok, lets play that game...wasn't it you who claimed Dak only beat losing teams....Now dalton has beaten true bottom feeders.......got BLOWN OUT against slightly average teams (washington, Ravens, Cardinals)...literally BLOWN OUT....

and the defense has had 9 turnovers against these bottom feeders in 3 games....9 turnovers...please, point me to a time when this defense in the past 12 years has done that.....or ever!!!

Thank you Defense.

I am done with Triple D (Dink & Dunk Dalton)

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Haha..

We need to draft a player or see how cheap some of these vets with talent will be..
I bet you frequent Las Vegas a lot...or you like thrill of the chase.....seemingly you like to gamble on players in the draft, waste a few years, recycle the next one...and isn't that what we did with Dak.....draft him, develop him and now you want to move to the next gamble? why?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

first as I predicted, the number keep going up every week. first it was $35, then $38, then $40, now you nudged it up to $41....I bet in a few weeks, it will be $45....

so how would you spend the $41 who would you bring in that would make a difference in wins/losses and have high impact on either side of the ball? give me names...don't just say I would get a DE, or a DT and blah blah blah....NAMES...give me specifics.....and take into account losing Dak and his production...perhaps you would keep Dalton (who beat three bottom feeders with the help of 9 turnovers from defense))...

so give us the specifics dude or you got nothing but conjecture