Video: Dakota vs Cooper Ints = Cowboys have a WR Scheme problem!

LonnieElam

Reaction score
worse loss was being up 24 against the lions and losing at home. i was there romo had 3 Ints that day most came after getting up 24..2 were tipped but hey still why were we throwing?
Wasn't one of those INT's by Bobby Carpenter?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
This scheme is built on beating the defense even though it knows what your doing...its the dumbest thing to run in todays NFL...90's Cowboys could run it, salary cap era offensses are not that much better at every position than the defense is...

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
But isn't that a criticism of KM, not designing plays that suit the talents of the personnel on the field?
I thought the Cooper light bulb moment was that the offense performs better with a run first attitude and that even with Dak we should maintain this approach, but also have the benefit of Dak's his better arm.
This appeared the case....until we give up on the run and start back highlighting KM.

Spot on KM cares more about show casing his "Passing Game" than he does winning the damn game with ball control offense.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Bubunubububububut……you said Rico played a yayayaysgear ago last gaagagagame!!

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Our pollard and zeke arguments have been a complete landslide victory for me hands down.

Your judgement has been proven to be complete garbage.
Says the guy who thought Rico should have played when he was out for the season.
:lmao:
I'm still waiting on you to prove Emmitt's 4.2 yards a carry is horrible. lol.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Schemes probably fine, I just think we need a little more out of our 2/3 WRs and for Dak to continue to progress coming off the injury. Wouldn’t mind a few more quick throws and of course avoiding getting pass happy.

Not a big fan of the option route though, requires perfection in QB/WR being on the same page. Dak / Lamb are close but not there yet.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Other than Slay pick, Safeties have found Dak and Rush for Ints just sitting in the field.

The Safety #22 would have murdered Gallup if he made that catch on Slay Int. He was just sitting

The Safeties are NOT moving....no matter Rush nor Dak look offs. They know the WR tree concept will bring a WR into their window...

RIGHT INTO THEIR WINDOW, I've been saying this for years, plays are designed to go TO THE DEFENDER not away from them, or right to the sidelines where it's impossible to make a play

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
What this proves is that Cooper Rush was awful on those plays and had no business throwing two of those balls, not that there is a scheme problem here.

As far as the first one, you can’t even tell other than Rush was forced to bail on his progressions to the left, as the pocket was collapsing. Rush broke to the right and up and tossed it.

The last throw was just awful, as he panicked under minimal pressure and under threw an open Lamb.

Rush was ansy from the start of the game for whatever the reason. But he settled down in the third and brought it within 3. If anything, it showed he handled adversity pretty well and with more experience, he may improve on it.

These three plays are evidence for of BAD QB PLAY as opposed to schemes. If Rush did these type of throws seven years and counting and was the franchise QB, we’d be primarily trashing him too.
7 years and counting is a stab at Dak I know but how long you think Rush has been in the league

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Other than Slay pick, Safeties have found Dak and Rush for Ints just sitting in the field.

The Safety #22 would have murdered Gallup if he made that catch on Slay Int. He was just sitting

The Safeties are NOT moving....no matter Rush nor Dak look offs. They know the WR tree concept will bring a WR into their window...

Missing from Rush and Dak is COOOOOOOOOOOOP...ER

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Says the guy who thought Rico should have played when he was out for the season.
:lmao:
I'm still waiting on you to prove Emmitt's 4.2 yards a carry is horrible. lol.

You must really be drunk today. 4.2 is Emmitts career average. His average was tainted by the last 8 years of his career hanging on when he lost a step or two. Those years dragged down his average.

Emmitts best years, his MVP years he averaged 4.6, 5.3, and 4.7 respectively. He also didnt have some other back making him look like a fool rushing for 6.8 ypc at 2nd in the NFL. LOL

Different era, different team. Emmitt was the main focus and teams stacked 9 and 10 in the box to stop him.

No one is doing that to stop your hapless hero Zeke.

So if your impressed with 4.2 ypc then you must think Pollard is all world at 6.8. :lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2:

Any other laughable comments you want me to punt for you?

Are you going to tell me about Rico again? LOL

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
foEmmitt was the main focus and teams stacked 9 and 10 in the box to stop him.
Time to put you on ignore for awhile. Because I now know for a fact that you don't know crap about football. No team would ever put 9 or 10 in a box to stop a running back. Especially with Michael Irvin on the outside. So that just goes to show how much you don't know. So I'm not wasting my time with you anymore.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Time to put you on ignore for awhile. Because I now know for a fact that you don't know crap about football. No team would ever put 9 or 10 in a box to stop a running back. Especially with Michael Irvin on the outside. So that just goes to show how much you don't know. So I'm not wasting my time with you anymore.

Im running circles around you like Pollard is running circles around Zeke. LOL

Put me on ignore and skirt away like a scared little child. Its only going to get worse for you as the gig is up.

Im only going to ride you into dust. Bye bye little man.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Yes. Warner and others have pointed out that we have serious play design issues.

I've have been saying this about Kellen Moore. He may have added some new wrinkles but this offense still look Jason Garret basicish. Especially with the wr routes.
Heck the packers CB's was running some of the routes for our WR's. Its crazy watching this every game.

We are trying to win with talent not scheme.