Dak's arms

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After his TD run on Sunday he did his bicep flex. Hes got some serious guns. Most QBs have skinny arms..maybe hes to bulked up and it affects his accuracy. My basketball coaches always hated for their players to lift heavy weight in season cuz they said it affected their shot. I told them they were full of crap, maybe they were on to something.

black label

Reaction score
After his TD run on Sunday he did his bicep flex. Hes got some serious guns. Most QBs have skinny arms..maybe hes to bulked up and it affects his accuracy. My basketball coaches always hated for their players to lift heavy weight in season cuz they said it affected their shot. I told them they were full of crap, maybe they were on to something.
His brain cant compute the field In front of him fast enough

Centex

Reaction score

I have thought this. I was skinny but had a rocket arm. I used to see weight lifter types that could out lift me easily and were stronger in every way but couldn't throw like me.

I have noticed that when he puts his body into it he can throw for distance so he looks like he has a strong arm. But he can't whip it like a short stop. He can throw some weak passes if he isn't set right.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have thought this. I was skinny but had a rocket arm. I used to see weight lifter types that could out lift me easily and were stronger in every way but couldn't throw like me.

I have noticed that when he puts his body into it he can throw for distance so he looks like he has a strong arm. But he can't whip it like a short stop. He can throw some weak passes if he isn't set right.
I've seen that too. He really grimaces when he throws hard. It takes him a lot of effort. I'm sure Kellan Moore is on it.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Funny you posted this. I was bored last night because my son is with his mom so I went back and watched a couple of games from the 2016 srason. Dak size difference from them to now was very noticeable. His throwing was one thing I thought could be affected but his pocket "quickness" was the one thing that stood out to me, imo. Before any "hater" tries to hijack my comment, I'm not talking about his pocket awareness. It just seems and looked like he was quicker gettting about of the pocket and quicker moving around in the pocket and even outside the pocket once he was out.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Funny you posted this. I was bored last night because my son is with his mom so I went back and watched a couple of games from the 2016 srason. Dak size difference from them to now was very noticeable. His throwing was one thing I thought could be affected but his pocket "quickness" was the one thing that stood out to me, imo. Before any "hater" tries to hijack my comment, I'm not talking about his pocket awareness. It just seems and looked like he was quicker gettting about of the pocket and quicker moving around in the pocket and even outside the pocket once he was out.
Yeah no doubt. I saw his 2nd year that Dak was carrying extra weight and was getting caught by DL more often.

Now with Dak at 6'2 240 Scotty needs to be calling QB runs making life hard on a defense trying to tackle him n Zeke.

Honestly, think Dak would be a much better player around 225-230.

Praxit

Reaction score

..that's Mahomes..lol. Dude, just flicks it here n there. Skinny too...

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
I had a bro with like 14 inch skinny arms who could pretty much flick the ball about 45-50 yds and I look like a shot putter trying to throw it.

Throwing like pitching has nothing to w arm size. Kinda sucks cause I got all these biceps and triceps for nothing but moving weights back and forth.