Dak's arms

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
One thing is clearly evident, Dak does have the biggest QB arms in Dallas Cowboys history...by far.

lJCz7HU.jpg

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think the trainers would let him lift in ways that would hinder his throwing ability.

Nothing personal but what throwing ability are we talking about......his arm talents are worst than Tim Tebows was....make him a FB or LB as the Dak man has 0 talents to qualify as a NFL QB not even bench material.....Dink and Dunk all year long and then some.....
Mentally he's slow to read the field (hence the sacks) and has a very serious PANIC problem which creates those sacks and fumbles 12 and counting.....

Hes lucky though like the game vrs bucs how the LB dropped that first pass of his .....luck will only take him so much ...personally expect no new contract for him this spring(unless its league min) and also expect JJ to find another QB option....he might be drunk but he hasn't blacked out yet from the booze....lol....

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One thing is clearly evident, Dak does have the biggest QB arms in Dallas Cowboys history...by far.

lJCz7HU.jpg

OMG ok bud hes got the ARM....how many TD passes does he have? How many passes thrown over 20 yards does he have for the season....20 yards in the air not a dinker that went for big yards/??? common Dak-Zoid I'm waiting for your excuses???

Its very insulting to have SI list Trash-Dak with Cowboy QB who were truly Great....

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
OMG ok bud hes got the ARM....how many TD passes does he have? How many passes thrown over 20 yards does he have for the season....20 yards in the air not a dinker that went for big yards/??? common Dak-Zoid I'm waiting for your excuses???

Its very insulting to have SI list Trash-Dak with Cowboy QB who were truly Great....
Zip it for once and go back to your iggles forums!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
After his TD run on Sunday he did his bicep flex. Hes got some serious guns. Most QBs have skinny arms..maybe hes to bulked up and it affects his accuracy. My basketball coaches always hated for their players to lift heavy weight in season cuz they said it affected their shot. I told them they were full of crap, maybe they were on to something.

Funny you should mention that. As I recall, Romo wasn't a proponent of weight training, either. He was leery of it affecting his passing accuracy. I've also heard it being said lately that Dak needs to use his body, legs and feet better and more consistently to improve his passing as need be. I have noticed, though, that he rids himself of the ball a little bit quicker than he did earlier in his career. He may not be there yet but he's working on it, at least.

Last edited:

ItzKelz

Reaction score
After his TD run on Sunday he did his bicep flex. Hes got some serious guns. Most QBs have skinny arms..maybe hes to bulked up and it affects his accuracy. My basketball coaches always hated for their players to lift heavy weight in season cuz they said it affected their shot. I told them they were full of crap, maybe they were on to something.
As long as he has the flexibility then he should be fine.

One thing that I actually was thinking about while watching Aaron Rodgers this weekend after we clinched was the time that Aaron had behind Farve to change his throwing motion. Because of the brittle nature of Romo this is something that Dak never had the benefit of. The longer the throwing motion the more chances for the mechanics to break down. Romo as well had time to work on his throwing motion; it was often reported that Romo's mechanics kept him from completing simple screen throws and throws to the flat. Dak worked with one of the best throwing guru's in the off season and lost some weight to help with his mechanics and early on you could see the difference but as the season went on you can see bad habits come up again. Hopefully as he continues to develop as a young QB those good mechanics will become more consistent.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah no doubt. I saw his 2nd year that Dak was carrying extra weight and was getting caught by DL more often.

Now with Dak at 6'2 240 Scotty needs to be calling QB runs making life hard on a defense trying to tackle him n Zeke.

Honestly, think Dak would be a much better player around 225-230.

I think he was around 232 his rookie year. So yes, 240 is too much it seems.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I think lifting weights for a QB does affect their throwing but I think Daks footwork affects his throwing more!
During the Chiefs vs Seahawks game they showed video on Russell Wilson. He has taken up boxing to help him as a QB and that would be an good training idea for Dak! lotta footwork and hand speed along with building your read and react time.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Nothing personal but what throwing ability are we talking about......his arm talents are worst than Tim Tebows was....make him a FB or LB as the Dak man has 0 talents to qualify as a NFL QB not even bench material.....Dink and Dunk all year long and then some.....
Mentally he's slow to read the field (hence the sacks) and has a very serious PANIC problem which creates those sacks and fumbles 12 and counting.....

Hes lucky though like the game vrs bucs how the LB dropped that first pass of his .....luck will only take him so much ...personally expect no new contract for him this spring(unless its league min) and also expect JJ to find another QB option....he might be drunk but he hasn't blacked out yet from the booze....lol....
If Jerry was going to extend Dak he would of gotten it by now so he wouldnt have to worry about it going into the playoffs! I dont believe that Jerry and Stephen are sold on Dak. Those guys arent stupid im sure they are having some very in depth conversations about Dak!