Dak's contract is going to be a bargain in 3 or 4 years if we sign him now?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The Notion that we cant win while paying Dak is not true because...

1. The Cap is continuously going up

2. Watson, Mahomes, Jackson are going to reset the market like crazy.

3. We should be building through the draft anyways.

That's why it's important we do it NOW and not wait this thing out.

Whatever the Dallas Cowboys sign Dak Prescott to as far as his annual value is concerned... it’s highly likely that two years from now it will look just as friendly as Matt Ryan’s does now. Again, Matt Ryan’s deal came just two offseasons ago and now his figure is being associated as the neighborhood that someone with as much mystery as Teddy Bridgwater could land.

Educating the scared little trolls is a full time job.

These same trolls wanted to wait until AFTER 2019 to sign Dak. We told them the price would only go up and Dak was prime for a breakout year.

#2 in passing yards and leading the #1 offense later and Dak's price has just gone up. They dont realize what they are asking for is going to create the EXACT scenario they dont want. An overpayment.

Dak at 32 million for 5 years would already be looking like a great deal right about now.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Whatever the Dallas Cowboys sign Dak Prescott to as far as his annual value is concerned... it’s highly likely that two years from now it will look just as friendly as Matt Ryan’s does now. Again, Matt Ryan’s deal came just two offseasons ago and now his figure is being associated as the neighborhood that someone with as much mystery as Teddy Bridgwater could land.

Educating the scared little trolls is a full time job.

These same trolls wanted to wait until AFTER 2019 to sign Dak. We told them the price would only go up and Dak was prime for a breakout year.

#2 in passing yards and leading the #1 offense later and Dak's price has just gone up. They dont realize what they are asking for is going to create the EXACT scenario they dont want. An overpayment.

Dak at 32 million for 5 years would already be looking like a great deal right about now.
Could have possibly signed him for that before last season. It will be 35 minimum now. And he may not even want to sign this year now.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Could have possibly signed him for that before last season. It will be 35 minimum now. And he may not even want to sign this year now.

Truth is that Dak probably wouldnt have signed it and they probably did offer it. But the trolls were saying no even if he would have.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Truth is that Dak probably wouldnt have signed it and they probably did offer it. But the trolls were saying no even if he would have.
I think he is making a mistake by holding back if he is getting a fair offer. I knew this would be trouble when I heard him say that there would be enough money for everyone to get there worth once the new CBA and gambling money comes in. I understand wanting all you can get. If you ask me would you rather have 140 million or 160 then yeah I would pick the 160. But when you look at the the risk of the game and possibility of career ending or changing injury then you should take the security. He injured his shoulder last season and could be a problem since they said it’s not the first time he has had it. Let’s say he goes for the tag to wait again and really hurts it this season or worse. Then you get the tag money. And that’s it. Could have had 140 million. And cashed in again a year after the CBA.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think he is making a mistake by holding back if he is getting a fair offer. I knew this would be trouble when I heard him say that there would be enough money for everyone to get there worth once the new CBA and gambling money comes in. I understand wanting all you can get. If you ask me would you rather have 140 million or 160 then yeah I would pick the 160. But when you look at the the risk of the game and possibility of career ending or changing injury then you should take the security. He injured his shoulder last season and could be a problem since they said it’s not the first time he has had it. Let’s say he goes for the tag to wait again and really hurts it this season or worse. Then you get the tag money. And that’s it. Could have had 140 million. And cashed in again a year after the CBA.

In all honestly, if getting big money is what he wants, what he is doing is EXACTLY correct. The guy clearly will bet on himself and I admire that. Cant say I like the selfish nature of it.

Personally, I cant stand all these athletes getting paid so much money. I would love nothing more than for the owners to cancel an entire season putting the players in line. Bring back the scabs again. I'll watch.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

He also has an injury insurance policy so he would not be limited to just the 140 or what have you.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

If Dak is willing to sign a 35 million, 4 year deal right now, than they should jump on it. 4 years is a long time and in the meantime they can start drafting and grooming his successor.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I bet they policy has huge premiums.

I'd guess that it's probably pretty expensive for sure but I doubt it would be an issue for Dak or any high profile player. Heck, even if he was short of money, a quality Agency would simply advance that money and take it out of the contract fees against the new contract.

glimmerman

Reaction score
In all honestly, if getting big money is what he wants, what he is doing is EXACTLY correct. The guy clearly will bet on himself and I admire that. Cant say I like the selfish nature of it.

Personally, I cant stand all these athletes getting paid so much money. I would love nothing more than for the owners to cancel an entire season putting the players in line. Bring back the scabs again. I'll watch.
It’s the nature of the beast. JJ allows some of this by folding to agents like Elliot and D-Laws. That chargers rb tried that and they just said no. But it’s just the way it is. I am not lucky enough to make that much money so it’s easy for me to say I would take the 140. Or even be happy with less.

glimmerman

Reaction score
If Dak is willing to sign a 35 million, 4 year deal right now, than they should jump on it. 4 years is a long time and in the meantime they can start drafting and grooming his successor.
Yep and after 3 of the 4 years and the market goes up with the cap then resign him if he has improved and we are making deep playoff runs or SB. If they are a franchise QB then someone is gonna pay him. Every team needs a good one.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I'd guess that it's probably pretty expensive for sure but I doubt it would be an issue for Dak or any high profile player. Heck, even if he was short of money, a quality Agency would simply advance that money and take it out of the contract fees against the new contract.
Yeah no biggie. I am short a couple of mil so just front me.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It’s the nature of the beast. JJ allows some of this by folding to agents like Elliot and D-Laws. That chargers rb tried that and they just said no. But it’s just the way it is. I am not lucky enough to make that much money so it’s easy for me to say I would take the 140. Or even be happy with less.

I have no problem with Lawrence. Premium position. And despite the lower sack numbers last year, I still think Lawrence is top level DE.

But I have big issues with paying a RB 15 million. Just like I have an issue using a #4 pick on a RB. Its doubling down on stupidity.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yep and after 3 of the 4 years and the market goes up with the cap then resign him if he has improved and we are making deep playoff runs or SB. If they are a franchise QB then someone is gonna pay him. Every team needs a good one.

4 years will actually be the timeline for most of these great players we currently have. And if you cant win a SB with Dak after 8 years or come close, then maybe its time to just retool the entire roster and start over. A lot depends on what happens and where we are after 4 years.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I have no problem with Lawrence. Premium position. And despite the lower sack numbers last year, I still think Lawrence is top level DE.

But I have big issues with paying a RB 15 million. Just like I have an issue using a #4 pick on a RB. Its doubling down on stupidity.
It’s not the just the money. JJ paid Elliot after holding out with 2 years left on his rookie deal. And D-Law held off surgery to force JJ to pay him. It’s likely the agents idea. That’s what I don’t like. Holding a whole team hostage.

glimmerman

Reaction score
4 years will actually be the timeline for most of these great players we currently have. And if you cant win a SB with Dak after 8 years or come close, then maybe its time to just retool the entire roster and start over. A lot depends on what happens and where we are after 4 years.
Just a matter of what’s good enough to resign a QB and can you get better. If he is taking you to the playoffs then it’s hard to get rid of him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It’s not the just the money. JJ paid Elliot after holding out with 2 years left on his rookie deal. And D-Law held off surgery to force JJ to pay him. It’s likely the agents idea. That’s what I don’t like. Holding a whole team hostage.

Yep, actually tripled down.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Just a matter of what’s good enough to resign a QB and can you get better. If he is taking you to the playoffs then it’s hard to get rid of him.

It all depends on the team around him as well and coaching. If the team isnt good enough, cant blame one player.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Then Dak has a dilemma. He said he would hold out under the franchise tag, but if he doesn't sign the tag or a new contract before the new CBA, he will be sitting out a year. Then Dallas can draft a QB, move on, tag Dak again. He sits again, unless a team wants to trade for a QB that sat out a year. Though above average, he wants to be paid too. Does a team want to take that on.

What else does Dak do, sign the tag and not report? Then what happens. I guess the team can fine him, but that is about it. But will they do that.

Dak didn't say he would hold out