Twitter: Dak's deep passing yards, 20+

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

We kick-off with 3 of the worst teams in the NFL and then in GARBAGE time Dak bumps up his stats (Pack-Jets) and then faces the injury-riddled and 29th pass def in the Eagles.
And you're selling his long game with the above list.
Wait till the end of the season and see how far Dak has fallen bud...
BET ON IT!
Unfortunately:(

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We kick-off with 3 of the worst teams in the NFL and then in GARBAGE time Dak bumps up his stats (Pack-Jets) and then faces the injury-riddled and 29th pass def in the Eagles.
BET ON IT!
How much? You want to bet on it? Put your money where your big mouth is.

conner01

Reaction score
Yards on deep passes doesn’t seem like the real measure of a QB throwing deep passes to me
Completion pct seems more important
What pct of those deep passes do you complete

starfan1

Reaction score
Stats built off the backs of playing the 4 worst pass defenses in the NFL. Against top 15 defenses.......not so much

On the Real
so Brady plays the jets,dolphins and bills twice a year. suppose hes average also. of course that don't fit the narrative. But,but but its tom brady hes a legend. heres a clue for you every QB has suspect defenses they play against from time to time Dak did what he was supposed to.

oh and the garbage time narrative someone forgot to tell green bay who was still in it to win it. They continued to blitz and play hard. But continue on.

Blackthorn

Reaction score
We should not get caught up in the length of passes. After watching 40+ years of football I am compelled to disagree with most football experts here. I have always thought that Montana and Brady became the GOATs with several attributes.

1. Completing short passes for positive yardage.
  2. Ball placement (either in stride or on the opposite side of the defender.)
  3. Ability to find the open receiver.
  4. Pre-snap adjustments to find favorable match-up and isolate coverage.
  5. Hand the ball off
I have marveled at how Brady and Montana can dink and dunk down the field and come away with long sustainable scoring drives. Qbs that can sustain drives give the defense much needed rest to play at optimum speed.

Go Dallas!!!

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
so Brady plays the jets,dolphins and bills twice a year. suppose hes average also. of course that don't fit the narrative. But,but but its tom brady hes a legend. heres a clue for you every QB has suspect defenses they play against from time to time Dak did what he was supposed to.

oh and the garbage time narrative someone forgot to tell green bay who was still in it to win it. They continued to blitz and play hard. But continue on.

When Dak has 6 Superbowls rings lol they are called magic yards, not Garbage!:muttley:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
There's always a caveat for anything positive with Dak.

Last year all we heard about was his stats. Now he's the second least sacked starting QB. Wonder if sacks have gone back to an Oline stat?
Sacks, fumbles, not throwing 5 yards downfield, not throwing for over 200 yards a game. And yet the same peanut gallery just keeps rolling along complaining while trying to convince others they're really not haters. Pretty comical stuff.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Stats built off the backs of playing the 4 worst pass defenses in the NFL. Against top 15 defenses.......not so much

On the Real

Russell Wilson has played against the 22nd, 23rd, 26th, and 29th ranked passing defenses in the league. Is he not a legit downfield passing QB since he accumulated stats built off the backs of bad pass defenses?

Matthew Stafford has played against the 21st, 25th, 29th, and 30th ranked passing defenses in the league. Is he not a legit downfield passing QB since he accumulated stats built off the backs of bad pass defenses?

Patrick Mahomes has played against the 19th, 28th, 30th, and 32nd ranked passing defenses in the league. Is he not a legit downfield passing QB since he accumulated stats built off the backs of bad pass defenses?

Point is, every QB is going to have bigger days against mediocre/bad defenses and struggle more against good ones. I'm not saying Dak is as good a downfield thrower as Mahomes or Wilson, but you shouldn't throw out a blanket accusation when reality makes it illegitimate.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I fail to see why we still post these threads. The people that doubt Dak will continue to doubt him until he wins them 6+ superbowls and/or retires. No stat will tell them otherwise. Anyone with eyes can see that he's a good QB. Not ELITE like Rodgers or Wilson, but good. You can win a lot with good. I'm very proud to say he is our QB.

shabazz

Reaction score
Russell Wilson has played against the 22nd, 23rd, 26th, and 29th ranked passing defenses in the league. Is he not a legit downfield passing QB since he accumulated stats built off the backs of bad pass defenses?

Matthew Stafford has played against the 21st, 25th, 29th, and 30th ranked passing defenses in the league. Is he not a legit downfield passing QB since he accumulated stats built off the backs of bad pass defenses?

Patrick Mahomes has played against the 19th, 28th, 30th, and 32nd ranked passing defenses in the league. Is he not a legit downfield passing QB since he accumulated stats built off the backs of bad pass defenses?

Point is, every QB is going to have bigger days against mediocre/bad defenses and struggle more against good ones. I'm not saying Dak is as good a downfield thrower as Mahomes or Wilson, but you shouldn't throw out a blanket accusation when reality makes it illegitimate.

Excellent research! I wish I had that kind of time to track 3 Qb's of other teams so I cant refute those numbers. Back to work

IheartRomo

Reaction score
BET ON IT!

Have you considered removing stats gained against weak defenses from the other QBs on the list as well? Or does this standard only apply to Dak?

erod

Reaction score
Fake news. The resident QB experts said he can't throw it 5 yards.
Where does he rank against teams that have records above .500, plus the Jets?

He gets to pad those numbers this weekend, and then the real football begins.